Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Im sending mine off for a warranty claim on monday to replace my screen as I've persistant burn in on the status bar that's driving me nuts.
    My phone is unlocked so let's see if Vodafone eff me around about unlocking and warranty.
    "Meteor" is burned in and clear as day.

Strange to have burn-in on an LCD/IPS panel, usually the Amoleds are the worst for it. Hope you get sorted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Can anyone point me in the direction of a case for this?

Looking for a wallet type case if possible.

On the phone itself, love it. They size takes a bit of getting used to (had iPhone 4) but the functionality is easy to use, great camera, 4g is deadly, very happy all in all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

On the phone itself, love it. They size takes a bit of getting used to (had iPhone 4) but the functionality is easy to use, great camera, 4g is deadly, very happy all in all.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B012B2J4W4/ref=noref?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&s=electronics

I got a couple of these for my wife, seem ok, and very cheap ( just short of €20 I think for two delivered via Parcel Motel, ordered on the 11th, arrived today at my local depot)

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

Not wallet type but cheap and seller based in Ireland....

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Vodafone-Smart-Ultra-6-Case-Cover-Skins-Eight-Different-Colours-Available-/141741943998

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭tippgod

Just got my new ultra unlocked. What apps would u recommend and has anyone rooted it yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭DopeTech

tippgod wrote: »
    Just got my new ultra unlocked. What apps would u recommend and has anyone rooted it yet.

You can root it with this windows based app

http://mobilego.wondershare.com/

As for apps the only one that I couldn't live with out is adaway. That's available here

https://f-droid.org/repository/browse/?fdid=org.adaway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭biebiebie

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B012B2J4W4/ref=noref?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&s=electronics

I got a couple of these for my wife, seem ok, and very cheap ( just short of €20 I think for two delivered via Parcel Motel, ordered on the 11th, arrived today at my local depot)

I bought the Emart pack of 3 gel cases on Amazon, but got them posted direct. I think it was roughly the same price as using PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

Has anyone been able to root with kingroot?http://androidxda.com/download-kingroot-application

Has anyone been able to root with kingroot?http://androidxda.com/download-kingroot-application

Yes, it works but the company behind kingroot seem to be a bit shady going on what's posted on other forums. Their is rumours that your imei ends up being us on fake Chinese iPhones. This may not be true at all but if you want a safer method that installs SuperSU binaries use the link I posted earlier today.

FrostyJim wrote:
    Yes, it works but the company behind kingroot seem to be a bit shady going on what's posted on other forums. Their is rumours that your imei ends up being us on fake Chinese iPhones. This may not be true at all but if you want a safer method that installs SuperSU binaries use the link I posted earlier today.

I've tried it twice now and no joy....ive a Mac so can't use that :(

• Advertisement

I've tried it twice now and no joy....ive a Mac so can't use that :(

Are you getting a error or what happens?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

biebiebie wrote: »
    Items: GBP 128.13
    Postage & Packing: GBP 0.00
    (Order Total: GBP 128.13)
    Payment Total: EUR 186,36 (Amazon conversion)

XE conversion rate shows 180.396 EUR

So cheaper to by from Vodafone here in Ireland?

It sure is, though in the event your phone goes wallop 16 months down the line, that Amazon premium may well be worth it.

Think I'd pop an aneurysm if I had to endure a return through VF.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Yamanoto wrote: »
    It sure is, though in the event your phone goes wallop 16 months down the line, that Amazon premium may well be worth it.

Think I'd pop an aneurysm if I had to endure a return through VF.

I be delighted to get 16 months from a €170 phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I be delighted to get 16 months from a €170 phone.

You like breaking yours do ya??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

You like breaking yours do ya??

Yeah thats exactly what I said.

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Are you getting a error or what happens?
    gets to around 23% and then get error

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Mine is crapping itself all day. Turned off about 5 times gonna have to return it for a replacement.

Really ****ty as i have no phone and i'm going away tomorrow.

Anybody else having problems with theirs?

Mine is crapping itself all day. Turned off about 5 times gonna have to return it for a replacement.

Could try a factory reset or flash the stock ROM again. If its still happening after trying bought of those you most likely have a dud.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

So I went out last night and a mate of mine managed to smash my screen.... Any idea if I'd be able to get a repair or would I be better off just getting a replacement?

Could try a factory reset or flash the stock ROM again. If its still happening after trying bought of those you most likely have a dud.

Cheers. How do you do a hard reset on Android without erasing all data?

• Advertisement

Cheers. How do you do a hard reset on Android without erasing all data?

A factory reset will wipe the phone. You'll need to back everything up. Pics/videos in Google photos, texts use SMS backup and restore, all your apps and contacts will be restored assuming you have your contacts saved as Google contacts and not saved to the phone.

A factory reset will wipe the phone. You'll need to back everything up. Pics/videos in Google photos, texts use SMS backup and restore, all your apps and contacts will be restored assuming you have your contacts saved as Google contacts and not saved to the phone.

**** I'll just leave it here until I come back. Back to the old Nokia for two weeks

Thanks for your advice

gets to around 23% and then get error

At the moment kingroot and that windows program are the only ways of rooting so I'd suggest maybe clearing the cache on the app or reinstalling it. Failing that, if getting a lend of a windows laptop is not an option then maybe try a factory reset of a reflash of the stock firmware.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Brainiac2000

Hear a few people talking about updates, mine is saying up to date, does VF cut off your updates after you unlock the phone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Hear a few people talking about updates, mine is saying up to date, does VF cut off your updates after you unlock the phone?

Someone said they were on Three (I think) earlier in the Thread and got the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭unreg999

Yes... I wasn't able to answer any calls since the last update (unlocked by the way!) It would vibrate (not ring) and a message would come up saying 'phone (app) has stopped working... I could dismiss the call but not answer.
    When the person hung up I could call them back but I didn't get a missed call notification so lots if people said they rang but I didn't answer!
    Very annoying! I tried using a different dialler but no difference as phone app is stock!
    Anyway I had to do a full factory reset yesterday and it seems to have fixed it but what a pain in the ass... You wouldn't want to be doing it very often!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

Got myself the Smart Ultra 6 today in the Vodafone shop in Athenry, Co.Galway and they had more stock as of 12 noon today, getting my unlock code from ebay,
    just need a decent get case now, anyone found a nice one yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

Got myself the Smart Ultra 6 today in the Vodafone shop in Athenry, Co.Galway and they had more stock as of 12 noon today, getting my unlock code from ebay,
    just need a decent get case now, anyone found a nice one yet ?

Cheap, few colours and based in Ireland so won't be long waiting....

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Vodafone-Smart-Ultra-6-Case-Cover-Skins-Different-Colours-Available-/141741943998

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

WIZWEB wrote: »

Transaction blocked
    We're sorry, but the seller of this item is unable to receive funds at this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Bravobabe

Hi, a number of posters had ordered packs of 10 gel cases. If you search back in the tread, there might be still some available.

I got one (Gel Case) for my daughters phone this way and it grand.
    Wallets waiting for delivery, date now 1st week in Sept 2015 (but others may be quicker). Update: got email to say it has been dispatched so should have it next week.
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/291519767959?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=590585267600&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Universal Covers: there are a number of universal wallets available, daughter got this one and she is still very happy with it https://www.flickr.com/photos/69031928@N04/albums/72157656467060555

Advertisement