Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭zaphodbeeb

Just FYI for people who order this - I ordered on Thursday morning - it arrived just now.

Ignore any next day delivery message you might get :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

zaphodbeeb wrote: »
    Just FYI for people who order this - I ordered on Thursday morning - it arrived just now.

Ignore any next day delivery message you might get :-)

Shocking service really.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Techmaster wrote: »
    Shocking service really.

If the retailer promises "Next day" and delivers 5 days later, it is shocking. Accepting such behaviour encourages more and more to keep doing it.

Just re the unlock code - very quick turnaround. Ordered 9.38am received 10:05am :D

Phone unlocked no bother.

Just added my main email account into the phone's Google app, can't seem how to delete it?

Anyone know how to do this?

Sorry, found it:
    https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/2840815?hl=en

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

My smart ultra 6 photo made it onto RTE this morning. The camera must be good right?! It's the last one on this page:

http://www.rte.ie/news/galleries/2015/0818/721979-ireland-in-pictures/

:)

I got mine with a Vodafone PAYG sim. I'm thinking might I hand onto this as a second number / if I'm somewhere where my current provider's signal is bad (like remote Donegal) or will it expire if not used? Must check packaging to see if any credit comes with it...

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Bravobabe

I got mine with a Vodafone PAYG sim. I'm thinking might I hand onto this as a second number / if I'm somewhere where my current provider's signal is bad (like remote Donegal) or will it expire if not used? Must check packaging to see if any credit comes with it...

Hi, don't believe you get any credit with it (I didn't)
    (The phone is my Daughters)
    She also got a 3 sim, currently she is swapping sims between her 2 x phones as she is sill waiting for tempered screen protector to arrive before she brings the phone out into the big bad world.
    Works fine - be careful switching Sims (its a little fiddly)

Under T&C unused credit can be frozen after 8 months of inactivity or top-ups(check VF t&cs to confirm this), but if your not using it that much (€20 in six months) why bother?

What screen protector have you ordered? I have a wallet on the way but probably should get a protector too :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

My nice new cotechs case arrived today. Thought it looked a bit small - I ordered the prime 6, doh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭crasy dash

What screen protector have you ordered? I have a wallet on the way but probably should get a protector too :-)

I ordered 10 cheap ones from germany on ebay from these guys protectionfilms24 for around 4euro took about 4days to come.

There grand i literally only use one for a week and rip them off the line of work im in i forget about the phone half the time.

Also ordered a tempered glass one from spain still waiting for that to be delivered though:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

crasy dash wrote: »
    I ordered 10 cheap ones from germany on ebay from these guys protectionfilms24 for around 4euro took about 4days to come.

There grand i literally only use one for a week and rip them off the line of work im in i forget about the phone half the time.

Also ordered a tempered glass one from spain still waiting for that to be delivered though:o

Got a pack of 5 from the same place. No adhesive, only vacuum holding them on the screen. I found them very easy to fit, they can be peeled back and reapplied just in case any unnoticed dust bubbles up.
    Only downside is they mark fairly easy, I have a couple of scratches from fitting but with 4 spares I'm not bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Bravobabe

Screen Protector (from Germany - arrived in 4-5 days)
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/191633559485?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Tempered Glass Ordered (awaiting delivery)
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Vodafone-Smart-ultra-6-100-Genuine-Tempered-Glass-Shatter-Proof-Screen-Guard-/271961063325?hash=item3f52247f9d

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Probably going to sell my one of these if anyone is interested, unlocked and perfect, week old. Looking for 150.

It's still boxed and as new.

Look what arrived this morning from Spain.. nicely packaged I must say. €9 delivered for the two of them.

IMG_20150819_104124.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Hi
    I am using a 3 sim and the 4g signal is very good. But the phone is regularly going over to the O2 network and not reverting to 3 when a 4g connection is available - I have to select 3 network manually. When I do it's always a perfectly good 4g signal.

Is there a way to prevent the phone roaming onto O2 - I know there is a setting to prevent data roaming but this isn't preventing moving to the O2 network in the first place.

Can I keep it on 3 regardless of signal?

Probably going to sell my one of these if anyone is interested, unlocked and perfect, week old. Looking for 150.

It's still boxed and as new.

why the quick sale Colonel? Out of pure interest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

Noticed something weird, when phone is plugged into charger and I plug in my headphones I get a static noise on the headphones. Now if I touch the metal camera surround at the back of the phone the static goes away.. I guess the phone is not earthed to the highest standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Look what arrived this morning from Spain.. nicely packaged I must say. €9 delivered for the two of them.

Let us know what they're like once applied. I generally hate screen protectors, so I'm reluctant to get one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

why the quick sale Colonel? Out of pure interest

I got an S6 on upgrade from work, it's actually been for a sale on adverts for a while but looks like I'd need to unlock it and now im thinking I'll just keep it and sell the Ultra 6.

I've now stuck both phones up, so whichever sells first I'll keep the other.

Nothing wrong with either, the s6 is as new and the ultra 6 is practically as new.

Definitely no complaints about the Ultra 6 or anything if that's why you're asking. Great phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Noticed something weird, when phone is plugged into charger and I plug in my headphones I get a static noise on the headphones. Now if I touch the metal camera surround at the back of the phone the static goes away.. I guess the phone is not earthed to the highest standards.

I don't have that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭biebiebie

IMG_20150819_104124.jpg

Very interested in how they work out.
    Hopefully they're good, cause I bought 2 of em from the same seller last week! (haven't received yet)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Hear a few people talking about updates, mine is saying up to date, does VF cut off your updates after you unlock the phone?
    Someone said they were on Three (I think) earlier in the Thread and got the update.

I never got an update and Im on Three.

Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

I never got an update and Im on Three.

Anyone else?

I got an update and mine is unlocked. I'm using it on meteor. You can manually download it I believe from the ZTE website.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭eoinfitzokk

Hi podgeandrodge, how did you unlock tocuse with three?! Thanks
    Hi
    I am using a 3 sim and the 4g signal is very good. But the phone is regularly going over to the O2 network and not reverting to 3 when a 4g connection is available - I have to select 3 network manually. When I do it's always a perfectly good 4g signal.

Is there a way to prevent the phone roaming onto O2 - I know there is a setting to prevent data roaming but this isn't preventing moving to the O2 network in the first place.

Can I keep it on 3 regardless of signal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Hi podgeandrodge, how did you unlock tocuse with three?! Thanks

Read the 1st post.

biebiebie wrote: »
    Very interested in how they work out.
    Hopefully they're good, cause I bought 2 of em from the same seller last week! (haven't received yet)

They are absolutely fine. No issues with touchscreen sensitivity etc. after putting it on. A few bits of dust underneath as per usual with me, I'm hopeless at putting them on!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Anybody having trouble with data on the meteor emobile network on these mine is acting up the last two days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

grogi wrote: »
    If the retailer promises "Next day" and delivers 5 days later, it is shocking. Accepting such behaviour encourages more and more to keep doing it.

Mine arrived today, next day as promised. Looks good, though I haven't got a SIM or cover yet, so I won't be taking it out for a few days.

I do have one big complaint though - why is the camera icon not a camera? I mean really.... :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Has anyone solved the problem of pressing loads of buttons while taking a call? So annoying. And can anyone recommend a keyboard app?

Advertisement