Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

CyberGhost wrote: »
    Maybe I got a bad rep? She did look like and sound like she is a ****!

But more importantly, how did you manage to see a dead pixel on a 1080p screen? :eek:

Well, first of all they wanted to send it away. I will send you a PM in a minute.

The pixel was light blue in the notification area on the top of the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭oleras

Maybe I got a bad rep? She did look like and sound like she is a ****!

But more importantly, how did you manage to see a dead pixel on a 1080p screen? :eek:

I had mine replaced also for the same.

At night time watching a show on it, it was like the north star shining out on me with the black scenes, hard to replicate during the day, i had to put it inside a shopping bag so the agent could verify it.

Whats seen cant be unseen !

LCD test i think the app is called, run it at night time for the giggle...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Thats two or three people reporting phone dying which is a bit scary! Have it 3 weeks tomorrow and perfect so far. Maybe the cheap price comes at the expense of poor build quality or is that about the same unreliability rate as Samsung, HTC etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

oleras wrote: »
    I had mine replaced also for the same.

At night time watching a show on it, it was like the north star shining out on me with the black scenes, hard to replicate during the day, i had to put it inside a shopping bag so the agent could verify it.

LCD test i think the app is called, run it at night time for the giggle...:pac:

Hahah, that is about not being able to unsee it. These days I don't go pixel hunting TBH. I just try not to pay attention to that stuff.

BTW, do any of you guys have microSD cards in your phones? You know when you have to grant write access in Lollipop? When I go to grant it from some app, the documents (file picker) crashes, and I cannot grant it, so am forced to use the explorer that comes with the phone.

EDIT: GvidoR, I got your PM, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

oleras wrote: »

That's very true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Hahah, that is about not being able to unsee it. These days I don't go pixel hunting TBH. I just try not to pay attention to that stuff.

BTW, do any of you guys have microSD cards in your phones? You know when you have to grant write access in Lollipop? When I go to grant it from some app, the documents (file picker) crashes, and I cannot grant it, so am forced to use the explorer that comes with the phone.

EDIT: GvidoR, I got your PM, thanks!

Have 16gb in mine doesn't need any permissions working fine

Have 16gb in mine doesn't need any permissions working fine

You definitely do have to grant a permission in Lollipop for third party applications to write/delete into a microSD.

I figured out why it was crashing. For anyone that might experience the same problem. Select internal memory first, and then try again, it's going to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

GvidoR wrote: »
    Strange how the battery percentage nicely appears on the top while plugged in but it can't be enabled anywhere in the settings to stay there.

As a workaround if you dont want to root, and if you dont mind a windows phone look to your screen, you could give Launcher by xinyi network (on google play free) and select in settings 'wp statusbar' in status bar settings you can have the battery percentage show all the time in the status bar - here is how I configured my screen:

ba7411f2-89cc-46c1-be3e-955ab5f6d98f.png

As somebody suggest couple of pages back, download Battery Percentage Enabler.

You can even delete the app after you've enabled it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Are there any good premium back covers or slimline cases available for this? Specs look great for the price but it's a damn ugly device!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

One question if i walked into my local Vodafone shop today i can buy it no questions asked? I mean as a 3 customer if i get one i wont have them asking if I'm with them etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Oasis1974 wrote: »
    One question if i walked into my local Vodafone shop today i can buy it no questions asked? I mean as a 3 customer if i get one i wont have them asking if I'm with them etc?

Yep, They'll ask you do you need a sim but that's about it....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭touts

Oasis1974 wrote: »

Tell them it's a surprise birthday present for your wife/husband/mother/friend who is on Vodafone so yes please give me a sim card but they will call at the weekend to have it activated after you give it to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

J o e wrote: »
    Are there any good premium back covers or slimline cases available for this? Specs look great for the price but it's a damn ugly device!

I can vouch for this one, if that helps...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TM

I hard reset the phone and it seems to be working fine now, it started crashing and getting strange lines with my account, so I am thinking maybe it's one of the apps that I installed? I'll give it 24 hours and see what happens.

Still, I went to vodafone and asked about refund/return and the rep said since the shrink wrap on the packaging is broken, i.e. the phone is opened, there is no refund possibility at all, even if the phone was working fine. (It does say that on the back of the receipt)

And if it's broken, they'll be sending it back for repairs.

How completely absurd! That means that effectively, there is no refund possibility at all. I don't understand how is it legal to have a catch-22 in the return policy.
    Your consumer rights are summarised here:

http://www.consumerhelp.ie/faulty-goods#2
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer_affairs/consumer_protection/consumer_rights/consumers_and_the_law_in_ireland.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Have you been using this app? Just installed this morning and I think it may be having a big impact on my battery stats

neacy69 wrote: »
    Have you been using this app? Just installed this morning and I think it may be having a big impact on my battery stats

I'd be very surprised if this app or the change it makes to the settings would cause more battery drain.
    But to eliminate that possibility ... install the app again, remove the battery percentage option, uninstall the app and then see if your battery lasts longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

No, that doesn't help... :p

J o e wrote: »
    No, that doesn't help... :p

Cotechs seems to be the case/cover of choice for most people. I cant tell you whats it like as I am still waiting on delivery of mine....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

my god the text is tiny!! - downloded it but gonna uninstall, I know I have bad eyesite but still! - if deleting the app make sure you untick it it the app settings first before deleting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

I'm thinking of buying this, I'm coming from a THL 5000 which has a unreal battery, whats the average battery times for you guys?

I'm thinking of buying this, I'm coming from a THL 5000 which has a unreal battery, whats the average battery times for you guys?

Charged to 100% on Tuesday morning at 8am didnt plug in again until 11pm last night (Weds) and still had 8% left....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Charged to 100% on Tuesday morning at 8am didnt plug in again until 11pm last night (Thursday) and still had 8% left....

Cheers for that :)

Charged to 100% on Tuesday morning at 8am didnt plug in again until 11pm last night (Thursday) and still had 8% left....
    Last night was Wednesday so you mean c. 36 hours on battery to 8%?

TM wrote: »
    Last night was Wednesday so you mean c. 36 hours on battery to 8%?

Sorry yeah...doing too many things at once here!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭VW 1

Probably a very silly question, but I can't seem to send messages.

Switching over from an iPhone and not savvy tech wise but trying to improve that!

Got the phone unlocked and only issue I'm having currently is that message+ is telling me i can't use as it is VF only.

Where am I going wrong on this one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

VW 1 wrote: »
    Probably a very silly question, but I can't seem to send messages.

Switching over from an iPhone and not savvy tech wise but trying to improve that!

Got the phone unlocked and only issue I'm having currently is that message+ is telling me i can't use as it is VF only.

Where am I going wrong on this one?

download and install google hangouts , use that, sounds like your using a VF app

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

projectgtr wrote: »
    download and install google hangouts , use that, sounds like your using a VF app

If you just want an SMS app google messenger is much nicer imo. Also available in the play store.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

If you just want an SMS app google messenger is much nicer imo. Also available in the play store.

Not a bad app either both will do the job, personally i prefer Hangouts but each to their own, id be dumping the VF app either way :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,501 ✭✭✭VW 1

I already had hangouts installed but had to reinstall, something wasn't right first time around!

Advertisement