Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭robwen

Any snapchat users get the latest update to work with the VSU6?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Whats the battery like on a K3 note?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Whats the battery like on a K3 note?

Also 3000 mAh, so probably very similar battery life to the Ultra 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

robwen wrote: »
    Any snapchat users get the latest update to work with the VSU6?

Nope snap chat is crashing a lot too

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

If you buy the Meizu can you give a review, I might go for it too.

Oh yes I definately would do a review - got to wait for finances to pick up now though before I could even consider buying the M2 note especially now because I bought the Vodafone.

It seems great specs for the price that M2 note, octacore, 13mp rear, double colour flash , SD Card slot, 3100mah battery, 403dpi, 2GB RAM - I think a good contender in opposition to the one-plus-one I would say, at a fraction of the price.

The only thing is that I havent been mad keen on china phones in the past with MTK chips in them , I have had issues with the GPS a bit iffy and trouble rooting tem and putting on custom recovery and finding ROMS. But it does lower the price of phones. maybe the the phones with MTK have improved since I last had one - be fascinating to see.

• Advertisement

unreg999 wrote: »
    Hey Andy, sounds like a really good fone for the price, I'm just wondering about the speaker quality as I listen to a lot of audio books...?
    Also I saw that the battery is actually 1800mhz rather than 2500...How does your wife find the battery? Would you day she's a heavy or light user?
    Thanks! 

mmm speaker quality is OK but not as loud as her previous speaker on her iphone 4s (that had 2 speakers at the bottom - were they stereo?) - so yes anyway not as loud and clear as the 4s but still OK. the Doogee one just has one speaker on the back of the phone. fine through the headphones which is supplied in the box.

She is quite a heavy user, taken lots of photos on it and has 3G on in the day and takes a fair calls and still has power by the end of the day.

One thing she has noticed is how quickly the battery charges up on her Doogee phone using the supplied charger and lead. The other day it was a bit low because she forgot to charge it one night, so In the morning she put it on for only half an hour and she had to go out so she unplugged it and that little half hour charge gave her ages of battery power she said much more time than if she put her iphone 4s on charge for half an hour.

TM wrote: »
    Apologies if I'm veering off topic but ...

The 5" Meizu M2 (NOT the Note version) also has pretty good specs for about €120 if you shop around on the usual "China phone" sites.

http://www.meizu.com/en/products/m2/features.html

yes sounds like another good phone for the money - I was going to get the M2 (not note) version for my wife, but only china had them (and in short supply) so in the end I opted for this Doogoo y100 Pro phone because they had stock in the europe warehouse (turned out in the end it was in London warehouse)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 senkis

Huge dilemma :)

Vodafone Ultra 6 , Xiomi Redmi Note 2, Lenovo K3 note ?

perspectives, which seem a bit unclear after doing some reading/research - glass scratch protection("guarilla"), battery life, camera quality, quick charge (less important).

Clearly, the best warranty would be provided by Vodafone, comparison of other parameters seems quiet arguable :)

Thanks for any opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

senkis wrote: »
    Huge dilemma :)

Vodafone Ultra 6 , Xiomi Redmi Note 2, Lenovo K3 note ?

perspectives, which seem a bit unclear after doing some reading/research - glass scratch protection("guarilla"), battery life, camera quality, quick charge (less important).

Clearly, the best warranty would be provided by Vodafone, comparison of other parameters seems quiet arguable :)

Thanks for any opinion.

According to some benchmark results Xiomi Redmi Note 2 has the best performance, followed by Lenovo K3 Note and then Vodafone Smart Ultra 6.

When ordering outside of Europe you'll end up paying import tax and I don't know how well returns/warranty would work for those phones, especially Xiomi. Lenovo is a good brand. With Vodafone, I was able to get a replacement phone with the only fault being 1 dead pixel on the screen.

Vodafone also has promised Android 5.1 update (https://community.vodafone.ie/t5/Vodafone-Devices/Smart-Ultra-6-Android-5-1/td-p/185295), which the other 2 phones may not get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TM

GvidoR wrote: »
    When ordering outside of Europe you'll end up paying import tax
    Not necessarily.
    I've always been lucky...
    :D;)

I think the K3 Note has 5.1.1.
    But if I had one I'd probably be inclined to install a custom ROM anyway.

• Advertisement

Not necessarily.
    I've always been lucky...
    :D;)

one thing, apart from the long delay, that has put me off ever ordering from a china warehouse is that someone said they had ordered stuff OK but that one of their packages was 'destroyed' in customs once eeek! ... they might just randomly let some through and check others, but im not prepared to take the risk personally lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Bladish

Just got one of these today - fired it up and updated the software.
    When inside with poor light levels the front facing selfie camera shows some kind of interference line right down the middle. The main forward camera is fine.
    When I go outside in better light this interference line goes - so might be linked to some light sensor. Anybody got an idea how to fix or should I send it back?

strange the amount of problems people are getting on this phone anything from dead pixels on screen to shutting down and restarting randomly and crashing on snapchat - not sounding good. on mine the home and recents button sometimes become unresponsive and I have to shut down and restart. I hope I am not going to regret buying this phone.

on the operating system kind of side, people are wishing/hoping MM will come to this VFSU6 - me personally I have kit-kat on my tablet and I much prefer kit-kat over lollipop to be honest, i know my tablet wont get lollipop so it would be lovely to load kit-kat on my VFSU6 (so i have both tablet and phone running KK) but i doubt if that would ever be available, whether technically or otherwise, not even if I loaded CM on it

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

one thing, apart from the long delay, that has put me off ever ordering from a china warehouse is that someone said they had ordered stuff OK but that one of their packages was 'destroyed' in customs once eeek! ... they might just randomly let some through and check others, but im not prepared to take the risk personally lol :)

Customs will only seize stuff and destroy it if it's counterfeit,none of those phones are.They will be subject to VAT charges if customs stop them (99.9% of the time now) and you'll have to pay your 23% plus a €7 'handling fee'.

zerks wrote: »
    Customs will only seize stuff and destroy it if it's counterfeit,none of those phones are.They will be subject to VAT charges if customs stop them (99.9% of the time now) and you'll have to pay your 23% plus a €7 'handling fee'.

blimey really 99.9% you have to pay! - im shocked , so its no longer a 'bargain' getting a phone from China if it gets stuck at customs then with all them charges. Think I will stick with buying in europe, not to mention knowin that I would get a phone designed for the europe market and GSM bands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

blimey really 99.9% you have to pay! - im shocked , so its no longer a 'bargain' getting a phone from China if it gets stuck at customs then with all them charges. Think I will stick with buying in europe, not to mention knowin that I would get a phone designed for the europe market and GSM bands

http://www.willmyphonework.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭unreg999

mmm speaker quality is OK but not as loud as her previous speaker on her iphone 4s (that had 2 speakers at the bottom - were they stereo?) - so yes anyway not as loud and clear as the 4s but still OK. the Doogee one just has one speaker on the back of the phone. fine through the headphones which is supplied in the box.

She is quite a heavy user, taken lots of photos on it and has 3G on in the day and takes a fair calls and still has power by the end of the day.

One thing she has noticed is how quickly the battery charges up on her Doogee phone using the supplied charger and lead. The other day it was a bit low because she forgot to charge it one night, so In the morning she put it on for only half an hour and she had to go out so she unplugged it and that little half hour charge gave her ages of battery power she said much more time than if she put her iphone 4s on charge for half an hour.

Thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 1983211

I wanted to buy chinese phone too but delivery time was always like 10-60 working days or something crazy like that.

I bought elephone P8000 with dispatch time 2-3 business days and after 3 days I asked them what is going on and they said oh its in demand, 10-15 business days. Luckily I paid with paypal (focalprice and gearbest) so it was easy to get refund.

When I bought Vodafone phone I got it in 3 days. Would not go near chinesse website again as by the time you get the phone you bought there will be probably newer model.

Sounds to me like "someone" might be making things up.
    Wasn't a phone shop assistant by any chance?! :D

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »
    I can't believe that I've been in the 0.1% every time so far....

1983211 wrote: »
    I wanted to buy chinese phone too but delivery time was always like 10-60 working days or something crazy like that.

I bought elephone P8000 with dispatch time 2-3 business days and after 3 days I asked them what is going on and they said oh its in demand, 10-15 business days. Luckily I paid with paypal (focalprice and gearbest) so it was easy to get refund.

When I bought Vodafone phone I got it in 3 days. Would not go near chinesse website again as by the time you get the phone you bought there will be probably newer model.
    Never had to wait anything near 60 days myself.
    But delivery will be slower than buying over the counter or online here alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

1983211 wrote: »

10-60 days is by normal post, DHL is 3-5 days.

10-60 days is by normal post, DHL is 3-5 days.
    I always choose free postal delivery and while I did have to wait a bit it was never anything near 60 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Cant send or receive mms on tesco using Textra, anyone know settings?

https://www.tescomobile.ie/priceplans/international/phone-settings.aspx

You shouldn't have to configure them in Textra - just in the usual System settings.

https://www.tescomobile.ie/priceplans/international/phone-settings.aspx

You shouldn't have to configure them in Textra - just in the usual System settings.

Hi there is no option for Ultra 6 there so got ZTE Blade 6 settings sent, they don't work? Net and sms are fine.

Just use the general Android settings and configure them manually.
    Are you sure that you have cash credit to send MMS (20c per message)?
    With most virtual operators you should be able to configure a single APN for both internet and MMS by specifying the APN type as default,supl,mms or * or similar.

Just use the general Android settings and configure them manually.
    Are you sure that you have cash credit to send MMS (20c per message)?
    With most virtual operators you should be able to configure a single APN for both internet and MMS by specifying the APN type as default,supl,mms or * or similar.

Hi yeah have credit will try generic settings thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Still loving my Smart Ultra 6, was just away on holidays and was getting 4 days out of it between charges. It was a great camera to have with me when I didn't want to take the DSLR. No issues to report at all. :)

Advertisement