Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

4 days? That's unreal. Did you have the battery saving mode on?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Still loving my Smart Ultra 6, was just away on holidays and was getting 4 days out of it between charges. It was a great camera to have with me when I didn't want to take the DSLR. No issues to report at all. :)

oh yes there is no doubting its a good bit of kit for the money, i really like the camera. Still got to get out of the habit of charging it at night it was 80% the other night and i still plugged it in whilst I was asleep because that is what I am used to with all my other phones I've ever owned. I wonder if its damaging the battery charging it at 80% - i thought I heard you are supposed to let them run down and then charge or is that the old type ni-cad batteries I am thinking of?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

http://businessetc.thejournal.ie/phone-charge-2329949-Sep2015/

That explains how to charge your phone nowadays.

I really like the camera quality of this VFSU6 - has anyone used the manual settings yet? there seems to be a plethora of extra settings. I like the spirit level line across the screen to help you take photos straight, I havent tried the multi-exposure mode yet but that sounds cool. The smile detection works good (if people conform to smiling for photos!) - have tried the panorama and that worked good - will try the HDR soon but I am not normally happy with HDR photos normally because they make the photo too sharp and unreal looking normally. - its got a pretty decent built in photo editor as well with most of the tools you need.

I've normally had to download another camera app to get more manual settings but ther is no need with this VFSU6 because it has a very good camera app

Just ran a benchmark, here's how it compares with some flagships:

OAop9x1l.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Mind made up Im getting it.....thanks guys and gals

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Jimmyboy40

Guys here is my set up, I have it unlocked but i use Vodafone, actually great 3G at my work much much better than 02 for where i am and what i need

Point 2 and a big point IT IS NOT ROOTED. 5.1 is around the corner , Background, I have had all the iPhones up to 6 and a HTC one M8 - Battery got messed up

I use a Nexus 7 2013 IMHO the best device i have ever owned a awesome tablet still today.

2 Months in with my smart Ultra 6 and am i missing my HTC one M8 , no way , I have reduced the animations to .5 in developers and i have had a phone that has hiccuped 2 times in 2 months, i mean a application stuttered or froze, well et real cause that happened even on my iPhone5s, the next best device i have had.

For the money this runs when edited a bare android experience , that is one hell of an achievement even HTC sense that i like is NO WAY better than a full android experience

The display for me, is sensational , yeah the phone is plastic but looks ok, if you ask me, the battery life with that display is generally great and boy even on standard charger it charges quick if you ask me

The camera apart from low light is just amazing at this price point, if you keep a steady hand and in most lights can produce a lovely image, that expanded on my mac book pro is easily the match for the expensive M8

I have thrown Asphalt 8, real racing, and most games will run at a steady 30 fps even more on less demanding, so it WILL run the games and fast.

Sound is quite poor and call quality is nothing to write home about, but as my daily driver, using maps , taking me to places i have never been to, speed of the internet and general in between working tasks i think what Vodafone and ZTE have achieved for £125 is sensational, what i can't believe and well perhaps it is the case is people saying they have had poor performance and stuttering makes me wonder if there is inconsistencies on the hardware or the set up of certain apps or perhaps rooting that this phone don't like but in my set up sticking to Vodafone, and using day to day i cannot recommend this product highly enough, i was thinking about getting this device for 2 weeks , all i can say is I'm glad i did, 5 starts from me and i won't be going back to flagship devices

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

Purchased my ultra 6 a month ago and unlocked it and nowvon Tesco mobile.Today when making a call I got a message ,this app will work on Vodafone only.I can't ring out at all.Any help?

GvidoR wrote: »
    Just ran a benchmark, here's how it compares with some flagships:

just thought id post up my results - a bit lower than yours. i dont know why its a bit lower figure on mine though

Screenshot_2015-09-19-21-58-47.png

just thought id post up my results - a bit lower than yours. i dont know why its a bit lower figure on mine though

Hmm, I don't know. Have you put a lot of stuff on the phone or have some apps running in the background?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TM

Jimmyboy40 wrote: »
    Point 2 and a big point IT IS NOT ROOTED.
    It's easy to root if you want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TM

Screenshot_2015-09-19-21-58-47.png
    Did you try running Antutu directly after a reboot in case that makes a difference?
    Or running it several times and averaging the results?
    Benchmarks are not always consistent or a good indication of overall real world performance - I wouldn't get too worried about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Can anyone post their runtime scores in Antutu.
    Mine are in the low 100's where most other devices, including my 1st gen Moto G are in the 1000's.

corsav6 wrote: »
    Can anyone post their runtime scores in Antutu.
    Mine are in the low 100's where most other devices, including my 1st gen Moto G are in the 1000's.

Where can I find that score?

GvidoR wrote: »
    Where can I find that score?

The details tab at the bottom of your score screen, I'll attach some screenshots now.

I also got 223 for runtime.

only got 131 runtime on mine

haha strange goings on, I shut down, restarted phone , froze all things running that I could like facebook, messenger and some other stuff and got an even worse figure than before. this time a score of 23335 ! - think i will just ignore them figures otherwise its gonna nag me, overall im happy with the general speed of the phone still in normal use and i am not a gamer or use the phone for games and it plays youtube videos nice and not choppy so that will do for me :)

haha strange goings on, I shut down, restarted phone , froze all things running that I could like facebook, messenger and some other stuff and got an even worse figure than before. this time a score of 23335 ! - think i will just ignore them figures otherwise its gonna nag me, overall im happy with the general speed of the phone still in normal use and i am not a gamer or use the phone for games and it plays youtube videos nice and not choppy so that will do for me :)

I'm the same, lower scores after a restart. I assume the system is working in the background for a few mins after restart.
    I have all Vodafone apps either removed or disabled, no Facebook, Twitter or any other social media apps. I have a few sys info apps and some news and weather widgets plus I'm running Nova with aosp icons so a fairly clean system.
    I'm just curious as to why the runtime is so low compared to most other devices, even low end devices seem to have a higher score.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

codie wrote: »
    Purchased my ultra 6 a month ago and unlocked it and nowvon Tesco mobile.Today when making a call I got a message ,this app will work on Vodafone only.I can't ring out at all.Any help?

Got this once this morning but is ok now, what about you, ok now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Alright folks, I returned my VSu6.

We just did not get along well.

Anybody interested in buying a case, 3 screen protectors, and one tempered glass screen protector?

http://i.imgur.com/w52sZ7f.jpg

I'm interested in the screen protectors. How much (including postage)?

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Experience_day

Yes, I'd be interested. How much?

I was thinking maybe a tenner (10) for everything + postage (2)?

I'd prefer if it was picked up though because of the glass screen protector.

Here's where I got all of them...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Orzly-FlexiSlim-1mm-Super-Slim-TPU-Gel-Case-for-Vodafone-Smart-Ultra-6-/141742572246
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/262015056822
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/5-PACK-GENUINE-COTECHS-SCREEN-PROTECTORS-FOR-VODAFONE-SMART-ULTRA-6-/141712714572

CyberGhost wrote: »
    Alright folks, I returned my VSu6.

We just did not get along well....

Shame you didnt get on with it - how easy was it to return?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭davork

Looks like the first Ultra 6 I picked up on Friday was a lemon - swapped out for another new one today (which is behaving itself so far)

Issues on the first one:
    - Rebooted randomly when it felt like it(!)
    - Lockups at various times (usually noticed on the lock screen)
    - problems happened with or without sims (and I tried voda ie, tmobile US and verizon US)

And yes
    - had removed the voda apps
    - had reset to factory default
    - etc

voda in swords had not had any returns - I did say I had only seen one (on here) so hopefully I'm the one that had the lemon!

Here are a couple of LED modifications I have made on my vodafone smart ultra 6 phone with the help of xposed framework and GravityBox (phone has to be rooted first) :

First of all the Charging LED mod - I have made it pulse instead of static when charger lead plugged in:

https://youtu.be/ptXr9zhziHA

Then the Notification LED side of things (missed call/SMS) I have it set so all three LED's pulse:

http://youtu.be/QsyGiNMlee0

Shame you didnt get on with it - how easy was it to return?

It was not hard to return it when I told them that it's my second device now that has failed and I showed them the video. On the video there is a clearly documented fault + the battery history showing when the device crashed and how many times throughout the day (signified by gaps).

I changed two phones within two weeks. Both duds.

They asked me to send them the link to video, which I did.

And finally asked whether I wanted an exchange or a refund. I did think of getting the third one, but then decided that I don't have the time nor the desire to keep going back.

I think Snapdragon 615 is problematic like 810, it gets really hot when browsing lots of sites, etc... I am not sure if it was the CPU that was at fault with mine though. Because it would just freeze and reboot with some strange flickering going on without me doing anything intensive... I've reset the phone to stock and did not install anything, also took the microSD card out just to make sure and it still kept doing the same thing.

It was not hard to return it when I told them that it's my second device now that has failed and I showed them the video. On the video there is a clearly documented fault + the battery history showing when the device crashed and how many times throughout the day (signified by gaps).

I changed two phones within two weeks. Both duds.

They asked me to send them the link to video, which I did.

And finally asked whether I wanted an exchange or a refund. I did think of getting the third one, but then decided that I don't have the time nor the desire to keep going back.

I think Snapdragon 615 is problematic like 810, it gets really hot when browsing lots of sites, etc... I am not sure if it was the CPU that was at fault with mine though. Because it would just freeze and reboot with some strange flickering going on without me doing anything intensive... I've reset the phone to stock and did not install anything, also took the microSD card out just to make sure and it still kept doing the same thing.

I had a samsung mobile phone which did that - turned out it was the battery. When I bought a new battery for it and popped it in it stopped all that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭handofdog

I would take all that off your hands if Experience_Day (first in) doesn't want it.

I was thinking maybe a tenner (10) for everything + postage (2)?

I'd prefer if it was picked up though because of the glass screen protector.

Here's where I got all of them...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Orzly-FlexiSlim-1mm-Super-Slim-TPU-Gel-Case-for-Vodafone-Smart-Ultra-6-/141742572246
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/262015056822
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/5-PACK-GENUINE-COTECHS-SCREEN-PROTECTORS-FOR-VODAFONE-SMART-ULTRA-6-/141712714572

Advertisement