Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Settings - Sound and notification - Other sounds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    I need to replace the pack of ten covers I originally bought as they stretched easily. Is this more durable do you think? Is it rigid?

yeah its rigid...not hard but not soft or stretchy like the jelly covers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,176 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Had a look at one, nice phone and quite tempting. Certainly zipped along, camera launched very quickly. Also not THAT much bigger then a Moto G. I've got very used to Motorola Assist though, texts being read out to me, me dictating text while driving, not sure I would want to be without that feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Had a look at one, nice phone and quite tempting. Certainly zipped along, camera launched very quickly. Also not THAT much bigger then a Moto G. I've got very used to Motorola Assist though, texts being read out to me, me dictating text while driving, not sure I would want to be without that feature.

NextSMS/Handscent from play store has that feature - when a text comes through a popup on screen has a speaker on it and you press it and it reads your sms out aloud - however its not automatically done you have to press the speaker icon which as we all know you shouldnt be touching phone whilst driving! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Have to say after hearing of all the problems people are having I'll stick with my somewhat laggy but stable MotoG.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

Have to say after hearing of all the problems people are having I'll stick with my somewhat laggy but stable MotoG.

Just for balance I've this phone for about a month now and im yet to have a single issue. Its been abroad as well and everything was perfect especially the GPS which was v handy in Portugal.

Ive a 64 gig SD card loaded with movies and music that I slotted straight in from another device and it never even blinked. I did the same with a 32 gig card in the Moto G and it had a bit of meltdown.

For me the ram simply wasn't good enough on the Moto G and it was starting to get on my nerves big-time.

no huge hardware problems with mine, no problems with battery - a little bit more laggy now in the menus since i have rooted it and put on some stuff but on the whole very stable

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Mine is stable too. I have it a little over 3 weeks and no random shut downs, no battery problems or anything like that.

I can't wait for the 5.1 update though. Hopefully Snapchat and some other apps will be more responsive. According to what I've found on the interwebs, 5.1 performs better than 5.0

would be interested to see how cynogenmod would run on this phone. I like the cyanogen mod, my phone is already rooted and loaded with custom recovery, im just waiting for someone to bring out a stable version for the VFSU6 - its not far off i believe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Kingchip

Hoping someone can help me. Got my smart ultra unlocked Sunday and put a tesco sim in, deleted the Vodafone software. Can't get 3g working, it connects to the net on WiFi no problem.

I have data roaming turned on if that's any help.

Rang Tesco and they said it could be a problem with the sim. If anyone has any ideas it would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

would be interested to see how cynogenmod would run on this phone. I like the cyanogen mod, my phone is already rooted and loaded with custom recovery, im just waiting for someone to bring out a stable version for the VFSU6 - its not far off i believe

It may be a while away yet. Lonespeaker over on XDA is the only dev working on this and he's having problems with the kernel, and his op2 has arrived so he might be busy with that.
    Hopefully Vodafone actually do release 5.1 and that should keep most of us happy for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

Kingchip wrote: »
    Hoping someone can help me. Got my smart ultra unlocked Sunday and put a tesco sim in, deleted the Vodafone software. Can't get 3g working, it connects to the net on WiFi no problem.

I have data roaming turned on if that's any help.

Rang Tesco and they said it could be a problem with the sim. If anyone has any ideas it would be great.

Apologies if this is too basic, but have you set up the tesco apn s from this link
    https://www.tescomobile.ie/priceplans/international/phone-settings.aspx
    Just the android section below, doubt it would recognise the model.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Kingchip

eldamo wrote: »
    Apologies if this is too basic, but have you set up the tesco apn s from this link
    https://www.tescomobile.ie/priceplans/international/phone-settings.aspx
    Just the android section below, doubt it would recognise the model.

Thanks a million eldamo, nothing too basic about that for me

What music app do you use on this phone to play your music? do you use the built in google play music app because i could find just a basic normal stock music app that was pre-installed?

I downloaded an app from play store called default music player by jayavelu v which is fine, just the music player i am used to using but it contains ads

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

What music app do you use on this phone to play your music? do you use the built in google play music app because i could find just a basic normal stock music app that was pre-installed?

I downloaded an app from play store called default music player by jayavelu v which is fine, just the music player i am used to using but it contains ads
    Search the playstore for an app called cm apps, it contains Apollo which has no ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

I'm starting to think i'm losing it....i cannot take a screenshot on this phone...all the instructions say to hold the power and vol up/down button but it just doesn't seem to be working for me...

i've tried vol up and power, and vol down and power button

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

neacy69 wrote: »
    I'm starting to think i'm losing it....i cannot take a screenshot on this phone...all the instructions say to hold the power and vol up/down button but it just doesn't seem to be working for me...

i've tried vol up and power, and vol down and power button

Its defo the volume down and power button together

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

Trond wrote: »
    Its defo the volume down and power button together

Works for me.

did drop it on the first attempt though, damn my child like hands.

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Search the playstore for an app called cm apps, it contains Apollo which has no ads.

great thanks will do. Have used apollo before but I thought it was built into CM , didnt realise you could get it separately on the plays store - thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Kingchip wrote:
    Thanks a million eldamo, nothing too basic about that for me

Am on Tesco to, ZTE S6 settings sent from that link worked for me straight away for net but had to set up android settings manually to get MMS working, if ur not bothered with pic messages just get ZTE settings for net sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Anybody have a link to an unlock code? The link in first post is gone now.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Anybody have a link to an unlock code? The link in first post is gone now.

Thanks.

I got a code from this seller (for an Alcatel phone though) a while back so I'm sure this will work.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Unlock-Vodafone-Smart-ultra-6-ZTE-Blade-S6-V995N-VDF-995NB01-995N-Unlocking-Code-/150515599218?hash=item230b6dc772

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

The inevitable happened and I dropped this and cracked the screen. Fml.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

Any developers out there have this phone working with android studio? i haven't been able to find the correct usb driver for adb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

GvidoR wrote: »
    I got a code from this seller (for an Alcatel phone though) a while back so I'm sure this will work.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Unlock-Vodafone-Smart-ultra-6-ZTE-Blade-S6-V995N-VDF-995NB01-995N-Unlocking-Code-/150515599218?hash=item230b6dc772
    Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

I was going to get the Moto G then read about this phone so not sure what to do now.
    The size sort of puts me off aswell especially coming from an iPhone 4 that fits nicely in your pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

Can anyone tell me how to flash back to the original firmware? (MR01c)

Since I've updated to the latest update (MR01d) my battery life has been terrible! I've tried testing it in safe mode and the problem remains and also tried removing all my apps and using an app called better battery stats to test the stock apps on the phone to see if its that and none of those were causing it, then added my apps back again and tested those and it wasn't those either.

I had the phone on the original firmware for a week with all my apps and everything was fine and the battery was lasting 2 days with about 5-7 hours screen on time but now I'm lucky if it gets through a day and with only 2-3 hours of screen on time, it's so annoying because I really love this phone and if the battery worked the way it's supposed to it would be perfect for me but I just don't seem to be having any luck with it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Sasso

5.1 screen version due out shortly apparently, that's what I'm waiting for

• Advertisement

Sasso wrote: »
    5.1 screen version due out shortly apparently, that's what I'm waiting for

That would be worth waiting for alright.

Advertisement