Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,751 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Having issues with the phone not be recognised as external storage when I connect to an Android box.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

dahat wrote: »
    Having issues with the phone not be recognised as external storage when I connect to an Android box.

Turn on mtp.

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Turn on mtp.

Have it turned on and still doesn't register when I look for the device as external storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

I have no problems updating the software (none available) but have been suffering with the Lollipop software bug detailed here.

I cannot save files to the SD card from certain apps, so I have to save to internal storage and get to a computer to transfer them to the card. ES File explorer cannot get access but the regular File Manager can. I have tried to rename the sd card but it still does not work (it is already formatted to FAT32) and I get the Documents has closed error. XDA wasn't a huge help.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Have the exact same problems, very annoying but haven't found a solution yet

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

modaco.com/forums/forum/796-vodafone-smart-ultra-6/

Thanks, tried but could only find the stock firmware.Anybody be kind enough to upload the latests software update ?

• Advertisement

Anyone else having issues with then phone being recognised as an external storage device?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Have it turned on and still doesn't register when I look for the device as external storage.

hmm, I know on a windows PC you go into 'my computer' then select the phone and then can select internal storage (and if SD card inserted) SD card as well. - I am not sure on an android box. But its not true 'mass storage' when you hook it up its MTP and you cannot select mass storage for years in android phones I think they done away with it after gingerbread or whatever it was. I think thats what it was, even in windows it wont show up as a drive such as D: or F: etc....

hmm, I know on a windows PC you go into 'my computer' then select the phone and then can select internal storage (and if SD card inserted) SD card as well. - I am not sure on an android box. But its not true 'mass storage' when you hook it up its MTP and you cannot select mass storage for years in android phones I think they done away with it after gingerbread or whatever it was. I think thats what it was, even in windows it wont show up as a drive such as D: or F: etc....

What I'm trying to I can do with any other phone via the box. I'm trying to install a zip by accessing the external or internal memory of the device. It just doesn't read the phone at all for whatever reason.

Really puzzling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

dahat wrote:
    What I'm trying to I can do with any other phone via the box. I'm trying to install a zip by accessing the external or internal memory of the device. It just doesn't read the phone at all for whatever reason.

Apologies if this is a patronising question, but you have turned on USB debugging on the phone. You know where you open Settings, hit Android version 7 times until you get Developer Mode. Then open Developer Mode in Settings and turn on USB debugging.

Apologies if this is a patronising question, but you have turned on USB debugging on the phone. You know where you open Settings, hit Android version 7 times until you get Developer Mode. Then open Developer Mode in Settings and turn on USB debugging.

Trying this and all I'm getting us a Lollipop!

It was build number that needed to be tapped. Will check later to see if that worked, thanks for the tip.

• Advertisement

Trying this and all I'm getting us a Lollipop!

It was build number that needed to be tapped. Will check later to see if that worked, thanks for the tip.

And still.won't leave me access the storage of the phone, Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Really puzzling.

right im at a loss then - usb debugging (checked) , MTP enabled (check) , SD inserted in phone (check) - gone into file explorer on the android box (check) - yep indeed puzzling

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

right im at a loss then - usb debugging (checked) , MTP enabled (check) , SD inserted in phone (check) - gone into file explorer on the android box (check) - yep indeed puzzling

It happened me before - when i changed the data cable i was using for another similar cable it worked fine. Now that was puzzling!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Just bought one yesterday after lots of research and of course that includes this thread!

If anyone is waiting on a case / cover, and is looking for a quick fix to prevent screen scratches and maybe even a chipped body, pick up one of those 'sprung' glasses pouches from Dealz. Not remotely fashionable! But will give you peace of mind if you're stuck and care more about the phone than posing. Otherwise that would literally be pride before a fall (drop) !

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

More small issues, my Kodi system is not reading the phone as external HDD even with the USB computer option ticked.

These small issues are pretty annoying for me tbh.

Put the phone into debugging mode- I had the same issue- this resolved it.

Put the phone into debugging mode- I had the same issue- this resolved it.

Tried this to no joy but will try again to be sure.

Is the supplied cable sufficient for data transfer as well as charging?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Is the supplied cable sufficient for data transfer as well as charging?

Yes, but it charges quicker when using the power brick.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭karlyk1

Two things.
    (1) there is a shop (GSM something or other) on Talbot Street Lwr over Gardiner Street junction (there are two – it’s the second, bigger phone shop) which sells cases for about a tenner a pop that fit perfectly. It’s a kind of plastic-rubber gel case that fits snug as a rug.

(2) Here’s a (possibly) stupid question. Have just put in my unlock code (am with Tesco Mobile) but can’t make bloody phone calls because the phone app keeps saying ‘You can only use this app if you are a Vodafone customer’. :mad: So do I just delete that phone app and download another from the Play store – or is that an integral part of the phone (sorry…. Bit of a noob to Android – have just switched over after years of iPhone use. It all seems so….. different!). Also, only a handful of my contacts transferred over – like about a dozen when I actually should have hundreds… would my sim be fecked?
    Sorry if the answer to this is dumb-ass simple or has already been answered. It’s a bit of a tough thread to keep up with.:o
    Have played with the phone prior to getting the unlock code and a new nano sim, have to say it looks like a great piece of kit.

karlyk1 wrote: »
    Two things.
    (1) there is a shop (GSM something or other) on Talbot Street Lwr over Gardiner Street junction (there are two – it’s the second, bigger phone shop) which sells cases for about a tenner a pop that fit perfectly. It’s a kind of plastic-rubber gel case that fits snug as a rug.

(2) Here’s a (possibly) stupid question. Have just put in my unlock code (am with Tesco Mobile) but can’t make bloody phone calls because the phone app keeps saying ‘You can only use this app if you are a Vodafone customer’. :mad: So do I just delete that phone app and download another from the Play store – or is that an integral part of the phone (sorry…. Bit of a noob to Android – have just switched over after years of iPhone use. It all seems so….. different!). Also, only a handful of my contacts transferred over – like about a dozen when I actually should have hundreds… would my sim be fecked?
    Sorry if the answer to this is dumb-ass simple or has already been answered. It’s a bit of a tough thread to keep up with.:o
    Have played with the phone prior to getting the unlock code and a new nano sim, have to say it looks like a great piece of kit.

Use the "phone" app for calls and download google messenger from play store and set as default messaging app. You can uninstall/disable all the Vodafone bloat.

Use the "phone" app for calls and download google messenger from play store and set as default messaging app. You can uninstall/disable all the Vodafone bloat.

Yeah, I have messaging kinda sorted, but it's the 'Phone' native app that's giving me that error message. I'm wondering if it's a Tesco Mobile issue....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Yeah, I have messaging kinda sorted, but it's the 'Phone' native app that's giving me that error message. I'm wondering if it's a Tesco Mobile issue....

You're not using the "Phone" app, thats the Vodafone app "Call+".

You're not using the "Phone" app, thats the Vodafone app "Call+".

No, it's actually the 'Phone' app giving me that message - not the 'Call+' app, which is obviously a Vodafone app. Strange thing is I can ring landlines - but not mobiles (without getting that message). Has me well bothered!

No, it's actually the 'Phone' app giving me that message - not the 'Call+' app, which is obviously a Vodafone app. Strange thing is I can ring landlines - but not mobiles (without getting that message). Has me well bothered!

Maybe remove all the vf apps and see if the message goes away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

Picked this up a few days ago. Amazing phone. Reading over this thread I am thinking of getting it unlocked and switching to three payg.

So is it a case of getting an unlock code, taking out the Vodafone sim and putting in the three sim and unlock code?

Does it matter that I have had the Vodafone sim in the phone already? I haven't made any calls or texts so should I just do a factory reset before unlocking it?

Red King wrote: »
    Picked this up a few days ago. Amazing phone. Reading over this thread I am thinking of getting it unlocked and switching to three payg.

So is it a case of getting an unlock code, taking out the Vodafone sim and putting in the three sim and unlock code?
    As simple as that. No need to factory reset.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

Can someone please please please tell me wtf the little blue dude is all about in attached pic

Can someone please please please tell me wtf the little blue dude is all about in attached pic

Its your google+ account profile picture. You must not have set one. Click on it and add one if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

Its your google+ account profile picture. You must not have set one. Click on it and add one if you want.

When I click on it it just says

Contact does not exist?

When I click on it it just says

Contact does not exist?

Open the contacts app and you should see set up profile option up top.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

You can take a photo and put it there. You dont need a G+ account

Advertisement