Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

What's the point in it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

Oasis1974 wrote: »

Ordered code at 4pm today and have still to receive it. I know it is a Sunday and Bank Holiday so just my luck with the timing.

Frustrating:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

Minor issue but anyone know how to change the image shown when phone is locked/timed out? It's currently showing a photo I took off my partners big toe (was testing camera!). I've deleted photo from dcim but still showing .... Tried wallpaper folder etc but can't find where it's pulling the stupid photo from!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

seefin wrote: »
    Minor issue but anyone know how to change the image shown when phone is locked/timed out? It's currently showing a photo I took off my partners big toe (was testing camera!). I've deleted photo from dcim but still showing .... Tried wallpaper folder etc but can't find where it's pulling the stupid photo from!!

Did you take the picture with a third party app?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,547 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Red King wrote: »
    Ordered code at 4pm today and have still to receive it. I know it is a Sunday and Bank Holiday so just my luck with the timing.

Frustrating:mad:

Sometimes these come in during the night. I got mine at 1AM.

• Advertisement

Did reboot of phone and now gone. Phew. My wallpaper now showing instead. Weird there's no setting to have a different photo on lock screen even though the phone is obviously capable of it. Anyway that ugly toe is no longer starring me in the face 100 times a day so panic over. ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

I'm sorry but that is hilarious :D
    vectra wrote: »
    Sometimes these come in during the night. I got mine at 1AM.

Yeah got it around 12 last night, worked fine, happy out. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Did reboot of phone and now gone. Phew. My wallpaper now showing instead. Weird there's no setting to have a different photo on lock screen even though the phone is obviously capable of it. Anyway that ugly toe is no longer starring me in the face 100 times a day so panic over. ..

:pac::pac:

Surely you're joking

I wish I was!! Was doing my head in the last few days. Did think was hilarious though -of all bloody photos for it to choose! Still don't know how it happened but needless to say , from now on, there won't be any photos stored on phone that I'm not proud for the world I see!

I wish I was!! Was doing my head in the last few days. Did think was hilarious though -of all bloody photos for it to choose! Still don't know how it happened but needless to say , from now on, there won't be any photos stored on phone that I'm not proud for the world I see!

Did you press the cast button by accident maybe? What app did you take the picture with?

• Advertisement

Can't think . might have been using evernote. Else was taken with regular camera.I deleted from evernote and camera folder . searched for jpg and no sign.reboot did the truck so must've been held in some hidden cache folder?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Thinking of buying this phone, can someone convince me as to why its so good?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭wild turkey

Just bought one today, a big improvement from my 1st gen Moto G.
    Very impressed with it so far

• Registered Users Posts: 7,248 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

zweton wrote: »

You can put your girlfriend's big toe as the lock screen image

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

moved to this from moto g 2nd gen on Saturday. So far, its quality. Battery is stunning so far. nice display, working well so far, nice and zippy.

Only downside is not dual sim, and I am still getting used to the size. its a big phone

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Stiofain2006

I too am considering moving from 8gb moto g to this. I went into Vodafone shop today and they had one on display. When I was swiping through the apps I noticed that the background was white and it did not look appealing. It looked like something Vodafone has added. Is there anyway to get rid of this? Also do Vodafone give money back if ur trading in an existing phone?

Only thing I m not sure about is the size. It seems massive. Would seem like I wud need 2 hands to hold it at all times. Anyone find the size of it annoying?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,547 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Anyone do the update to Marshmallow yet?
    http://apkmod4dl.com/howt-to/vodafone-smart-ultra-6.html

I too am considering moving from 8gb moto g to this. I went into Vodafone shop today and they had one on display. When I was swiping through the apps I noticed that the background was white and it did not look appealing. It looked like something Vodafone has added. Is there anyway to get rid of this? Also do Vodafone give money back if ur trading in an existing phone?

Only thing I m not sure about is the size. It seems massive. Would seem like I wud need 2 hands to hold it at all times. Anyone find the size of it annoying?

Don't think Vodafone do trade ins, the white background is standard on all android lollipop phones, you can change it by downloading and using a different launcher such as nova. It is a big phone but you get used to it after a couple of days.

vectra wrote: »
    Anyone do the update to Marshmallow yet?
    http://apkmod4dl.com/howt-to/vodafone-smart-ultra-6.html

That's a fake. There is no marshmallow for this phone.

What's the point in it??

So you know which account you are using from the lockscreen. Since android 4.2 you hace been able to add multiple accounts. They seem to have removed it from the su6 though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 markoskast

For all it's worth my friend, all accidentally using the app "tune in player", I noticed that every time I hit the + button in the player to shove a tune into my favorites, my lock screen' s wallpaper changed in accordance to the album cover I chose. Weird?
    In the beginning, I couldn't figure out what was changing my lock screen' s wallpaper. Then I remembered using "tune in player". I went into the settings of the app. What do I see? It has an "enable album art" choice where if checked, it enables album art on the lock screen. How it does that, completely escapes me. I suppose it can do that with all smartphones.
    If that could be of any help to you... There are some interesting album covers.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I have mine since August, still fantastic, dare I say the best phone I've had (might be too early to call that however). Still get 2 days battery per charge and with 6 hours screen-on time; that's amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,751 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I came from a 5" phone to the Ultra and found it seamless tbh.

Phones are like boobs and Mickey's, cannot be big enough IMO!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Liking the look of this - would it be an upgrade or downgrade from a Galaxy S4?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Bawnmore wrote: »
    Liking the look of this - would it be an upgrade or downgrade from a Galaxy S4?

I came from an S4 to the smart ultra, and it's definitely not a downgrade. IMO it's a better phone, far far superior battery life, just as responsive as the S4 and perhaps maybe not as buggy as the S4. I reckon the camera on the S4 was better, but the camera on the smart ultra is still good.

I say go for it. I couldn't go back to the S4 after using this for a couple of months.

I came from an S4 to the smart ultra, and it's definitely not a downgrade. IMO it's a better phone, far far superior battery life, just as responsive as the S4 and perhaps maybe not as buggy as the S4. I reckon the camera on the S4 was better, but the camera on the smart ultra is still good.

I say go for it. I couldn't go back to the S4 after using this for a couple of months.

Great reply - thanks for the feedback. Will most likely make the jump in that case!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

the unlock code link provided for ebay seems to be removed. can anyone provide any others?

the unlock code link provided for ebay seems to be removed. can anyone provide any others?

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/271911297172?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I used this one yesterday without any problems
    took about two hours to get the code

I am on the Tesco mobile network but the phone shows Im constantly Roaming
    tried to set up the tesco mobile settings but the phone is not on the list
    any help appreciated, thanks

• Advertisement

Is €170 the cheapest for this at the moment?

Advertisement