Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/271911297172?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I used this one yesterday without any problems
    took about two hours to get the code

thanks, i purchased in store today. i have just purchased the unlock code there. do i just wait for them to send unlock code or do they need phone info from me also?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

zweton wrote: »
    thanks, i purchased in store today. i have just purchased the unlock code there. do i just wait for them to send unlock code or do they need phone info from me also?

Best pm the seller. You were meant to add in the details when buying.

Please provide us the following details

1. IMEI number
    2. Phone Model
    3. Current Network

Please add a message to seller on your checkout.
    You can find the box to add the message
    under the delivery address.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭wild turkey

Did tou message them with your lmei number , make of phone and network
    read the add its all in there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

You should have sent the info in a message when you paid. I'd send the seller a message with your purchase information and phone details now or you may have to wait a few days.

crap, missed that. just sent the details there. when i receive the code how do i unlock it? is there menu in the phone i need to go into and enter code?

• Advertisement

crap, missed that. just sent the details there. when i receive the code how do i unlock it? is there menu in the phone i need to go into and enter code?

When you put any sim in that is not Vodafone it will prompt you for an unlock code. You'll only need to do it once.

Can I pop in my 3 simcard from my iphone4?

Can I pop in my 3 simcard from my iphone4?

If your iPhone is unlocked and takes the same size sim then yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭karlyk1

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Maybe remove all the vf apps and see if the message goes away.

BTW in case anyone else has this issue (saying you must be a Vodafone customer to make calls, even though it's unlocked) the above worked (deleting ALL the crappy Vodafone apps)

how did ya delete all the vodafone crap?

• Advertisement

how did ya delete all the vodafone crap?

Uninstall, and disable the things that can't be removed. To get rid of the bootlogo you need to root. Google wondershare mobilego. It's a one click root windows program. When rooted you can use a file editor such as es file manager to remove the bootlogo, see post #1 for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Mine just arrived, ported over my number from Meteor.

Stupid question, but this is my first PAYG phone in about 10 years...is this meant to come with FREE credit (and shower curtain)?

Well even if it did it wouldn't be meteor credit!

But I'm on the vodafone network now...so that would be a "No, it doesn't come with credit"?

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    But I'm on the vodafone network now...so that would be a "No, it doesn't come with credit"?

Sorry misread your post, says on their site up to €10 when you switch but no other details. Nothing mentioned on the sim pack?

Sorry misread your post, says on their site up to €10 when you switch but no other details. Nothing mentioned on the sim pack?

Ah cheers! No, nothing in the pack...checked my balance and it says I have 50c...will give them a call.

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Ah cheers! No, nothing in the pack...checked my balance and it says I have 50c...will give them a call.

Did you register on myvodafone? You usually need to register first before claiming any free credit.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,498 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

The biggest problem i've had with the phone is the lack of normal messages app!

antodeco wrote: »

Plenty in the play store including google messenger or sms messaging(aosp).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

antodeco wrote: »

It actually comes with a normal one. A few people seem to have a problem locating it though. It's called Messenger.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,013 ✭✭✭Hitchens

can the os be upgraded to Marshmallow to integrate the SD card?

.........oh and does the FM radio support RDS?

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Hitchens wrote: »
    can the os be upgraded to Marshmallow to integrate the SD card?

.........oh and does the FM radio support RDS?

thanks

No marshmallow yet, not even 5.1.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

fdevine wrote: »
    I have ended up with this case after several cheap and not 100% compatible cases.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B011LPYESG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

This one fits perfectly and all the buttons etc. are where they need to be. 100% fit for the phone. Provides great grip and isn't as bulky as it may appear.

I got the same, in red, on eBay, with the tempered glass from Portugal. Both have arrived today, less than a working week and yes, doe not add much bulk at all. I like it a lot to be honest.

An Ri rua wrote: »
    I got the same, in red, on eBay, with the tempered glass from Portugal. Both have arrived today, less than a working week and yes, doe not add much bulk at all. I like it a lot to be honest.
    some of the Amazon feedback was a bit critical though

Hitchens wrote: »
    some of the Amazon feedback was a bit critical though

Must have a read again but the critical reviews that I saw were for the right seller but wrong product. have to say it adds very little more bulk than a TPU gel would but much more security. Horses for courses I suppose.

Must have a read again but the critical reviews that I saw were for the right seller but wrong product. have to say it adds very little more bulk than a TPU gel would but much more security. Horses for courses I suppose.
    yeah, a couple of them mentioned that it wasn't fitting 100%

can you tell me if the FM radio supports RDS?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,751 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Temperd glass from Portugal isn't a good fit, well off a good for IMO. Didn't even bother putting it on properly.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

anyone had any issues with people complaining of echoing when calling the phone?

Nowso wrote: »
    anyone had any issues with people complaining of echoing when calling the phone?

Nope. Only on Skype. I will monitor it though.

dahat wrote: »
    Temperd glass from Portugal isn't a good fit, well off a good for IMO. Didn't even bother putting it on properly.

Agreed. The quoted case is fantastic. The tempered glass not so. But its touch quality seems excellent on first impressions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,751 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Agreed. The quoted case is fantastic. The tempered glass not so. But its touch quality seems excellent on first impressions.

I got a Cotechs gel case, real happy with it.

Will try source standard screen protectors that for correctly.

Bought a second one for wife and the Vodafone rep informed me that the warranty is void if a third party unlocks phone. I'd fight that all day long if i need to at any point.

Advertisement