Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,013 ✭✭✭Hitchens

folks, the FM radio ........does it have RDS?

does it display the station name?

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭clickhere

I don't use the radio but i just scanned the stations and it just seems to display the frequency. No names.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,013 ✭✭✭Hitchens

clickhere wrote: »
    I don't use the radio but i just scanned the stations and it just seems to display the frequency. No names.
    thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

GvidoR wrote: »
    It actually comes with a normal one. A few people seem to have a problem locating it though. It's called Messenger.

Did that come with it? I though I downloaded it :confused:

dahat wrote: »
    Temperd glass from Portugal isn't a good fit, well off a good for IMO. Didn't even bother putting it on properly.
    I got a Cotechs gel case, real happy with it.

Will try source standard screen protectors that for correctly.

Bought a second one for wife and the Vodafone rep informed me that the warranty is void if a third party unlocks phone. I'd fight that all day long if i need to at any point.

I bought "100% Genuine Tempered Glass Film Screen Protector for Vodafone Smart Ultra 6" from andy_171 on ebay. Think it was slightly cheaper when I got it. Shipped a day after buying and arrived after 2 days. Fit perfectly and is great quality for the price. Id recommend it for anyone who needs one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

Sorry to be dragging this question up again but was the issue with snapchat ever fixed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Sorry to be dragging this question up again but was the issue with snapchat ever fixed ?

I think we're waiting for the Android 5.1 update to fix that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,752 ✭✭✭✭dahat

What is the Snapchat issue? I'd have doubts over 5.1 ever coming to us.

Vodafone has confirmed that the update is coming in 3 or 4 different countries, including Ireland, so I hope they wouldn't lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

https://community.vodafone.ie/t5/Vodafone-Devices/Smart-Ultra-6-Android-5-1/td-p/185295

Lots of vodafone reps have said 5.1 is in testing.

• Advertisement

Great stuff lads, I stand corrected.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

Basically snapchat freezes,crashes and then forces an app reboot when applying a filter. It's frustrating as cheaper phones don't have the same issue. Thanks for replies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

How can I do a hard reset on this phone?

It locked up on me on the worst possible time - on the way to the airport for a trip away. I had to wait until the next day for the battery to run down, and then on charging it up again, it was fine - but a real pain to be unable to reboot. I even tried stopping into Dixons in Dublin Airport who kindly broke open a sim adapter pack to loan me a pin to stick into the socket on the bottom, but this didn't make any difference.

RainyDay wrote: »
    How can I do a hard reset on this phone?

It locked up on me on the worst possible time - on the way to the airport for a trip away. I had to wait until the next day for the battery to run down, and then on charging it up again, it was fine - but a real pain to be unable to reboot. I even tried stopping into Dixons in Dublin Airport who kindly broke open a sim adapter pack to loan me a pin to stick into the socket on the bottom, but this didn't make any difference.

Holding the power button for 10+ seconds didn't do it? Usually there's other combinations of the power + volume buttons to do hard resets... not sure which on this phone however.

Holding the power button for 10+ seconds didn't do it? Usually there's other combinations of the power + volume buttons to do hard resets... not sure which on this phone however.

No, just tried the 10+ seconds there now and it didn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

This has worked fine me in the past when it froze once or twice... Can't remember which combination it was but it worked anyway

Volume up + power buttons for hard reset.

Mine crashed on me. Absolutely p****d off!

Not sure what to do now!

Mine crashed on me. Absolutely p****d off!

Not sure what to do now!

Was it rooted?

Return it under warranty.

Was it rooted?

Return it under warranty.

Not rooted. Its unlocked though.

I had plenty of stuff on it, not backed up!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Red King

Bought some of those screen protectors linked in this thread and I am having the worst time trying to get them aligned and sticking properly.

Maybe I'm just ****e at doing it but its a right pain in the hole.

Volume up + power buttons for hard reset.

Not doing it for me - I just get the usual volume with none/priority/all dialog appearing - do I have to hold them for a long time or something?

Not doing it for me - I just get the usual volume with none/priority/all dialog appearing - do I have to hold them for a long time or something?

Turn it off first.

Turn it off first.

Sorry, but am I missing something? The whole point of a hard reset is to be able to do it when the phone is locked up, when you can't turn it off. It is the equivalent of taking out the battery.

Sorry, but am I missing something? The whole point of a hard reset is to be able to do it when the phone is locked up, when you can't turn it off. It is the equivalent of taking out the battery.

That's all I can find. Apparently you turn off the phone, then hold vol up + power and then you get the option to restore the phone.

Does it not turn off no matter how long you press the power button?

That's all I can find. Apparently you turn off the phone, then hold vol up + power and then you get the option to restore the phone.

Does it not turn off no matter how long you press the power button?

Hard reset does not mean reset the phone...

when I google it I get

"A hard reset, also known as a factory reset or master reset, is the restoration of a device to the state it was in when it left the factory. All settings, applications and data added by the user are removed."

Someone e-mailed directly to ZTE, here is the reply.
    ZTE wrote:
    Dear Valued ZTE Customer,

Thanks for contacting ZTE.
    As the information you shared, this device should be able to support Android 5.1 system, but specific system is still under test and haven't released officially yet, once it is being quality pass, ZTE will launch the system via FOTA upgrade, please allow us sometime

when I google it I get

"A hard reset, also known as a factory reset or master reset, is the restoration of a device to the state it was in when it left the factory. All settings, applications and data added by the user are removed."

"A hardware reset or hard reset of a computer system is a hardware operation that re-initializes the core hardware components of the system, thus ending all current software operations in the system"...

• Advertisement

when I google it I get

"A hardware reset or hard reset of a computer system is a hardware operation that re-initializes the core hardware components of the system, thus ending all current software operations in the system"...

:rolleyes:

Advertisement