Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Can someone recommend a gel case for this. I don't like those wallet type cases that are on the vodafone site.

I'm using a cheap black generic S-line case, about €2-€3 on eBay. Good grip and fits perfectly. Not a fan of the Cotech ones. They don't fit snugly on one side.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Techmaster wrote: »
    I'm using a cheap black generic S-line case, about €2-€3 on eBay. Good grip and fits perfectly. Not a fan of the Cotech ones. They don't fit snugly on one side.

:( just bought one last night

• Registered Users Posts: 15,547 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I bought ome of these back cases
    They fit 100% and the phone's slippy feeling is no more
    Cheap as chips. ( even cheaper ) :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/381427947836

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Hitchens wrote: »
    €170 now

Yes, I was including the unlock fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,013 ✭✭✭Hitchens

bk wrote: »
    Yes, I was including the unlock fee.

Copy that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

:( just bought one last night

I've no complaints with my Cotech case. It's great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

I'm beginning to get frustrated with this phone.

The data roaming was irritating at first but I am used to it.

What I cannot bear is the sd card problems I am having. I am using officesuite pro program from amazon and cannot save anything to any sd card - when I go to allow it documents stops and I go in circles: renaming didn't work and formatting a new card didn't work as it didn't even detect it. The camera saves photos and video to the cards just fine. I just bought a sandisk 64gb card (using a kingston 16gb up to now) to move things onto aswell.

Is there any workaround without rooting? Is this Lollipop or this phone's build of it? Or is the phone just defective?

Help appreciated.

I've had some SD card problems related to some apps saying that they don't have permission to use it, which have eased (but not gone away) since I connected the phone to the laptop and reformatted the card. Others have mentioned reformatting the card on a card reader, but I don't have one.

anyone kick up to marshmallow yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

anyone kick up to marshmallow yet?

There's no MM rom yet for the su6. Still waiting on a stable 5.1.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I've no complaints with my Cotech case. It's great.

Screen protectors are spot on as well, fitted one today after the poorly fitting Tempered Glass protector I bought wasn't up to the job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 ORaghallaigh

Anyone buy a mhl to HDMI adapter to connect this to a TV? Would this work?

Anyone buy a mhl to HDMI adapter to connect this to a TV? Would this work?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

I want to get one of those adaptors to plug into charging socket of the phone that allows you to transfer files if the VF SU6 has OTG , am pretty sure it has, I think i saw it in the file manager of the phone. Be handy to hook up a external SD card reader or digital camera to the socket then upload the photo to facebook twitter etc by 3g/wifi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

You'll get one from china for 30cents, I got a couple, pretty handy

Any website in particular? Don't fancy the trip to China thanks

bidiots wrote: »
    You'll get one from china for 30cents, I got a couple, pretty handy

thanks, rather prefer to get locally. or im off to the UK in a couple days time, might be able to pick one up handy enough there from one of these mobile shops - what they work like on this vodafone phone? do they work OK and as expected ?

thanks, rather prefer to get locally. or im off to the UK in a couple days time, might be able to pick one up handy enough there from one of these mobile shops - what they work like on this vodafone phone? do they work OK and as expected ?
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Micro-usb-to-USB-OTG-adapter-for-Samsung-Galaxy-S2-S3-S4-smartphone-tablet-pc-connect/32362137494.html
    They work for me anyway. Simple and cheap....

Any website in particular? Don't fancy the trip to China thanks

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=otg+micro+adapter

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭MRTULES

Best app or way to copy over all data (pics, vids, contacts, WhatsApp conversation, etc) from old phone to this. Old phone is a moto g

just found this on the expansys ireland site - looks good if it works, much better to have the usb socket on the other end of the lead rather than a rigid one piece adaptor

€3.49

http://www.expansys.ie/expansys-micro-usb-to-usb-otg-adapter-cable-234050/

expansys-micro-usb-to-usb-otg-adapter-cable.jpg

• Advertisement

MRTULES wrote: »
    Best app or way to copy over all data (pics, vids, contacts, WhatsApp conversation, etc) from old phone to this. Old phone is a moto g

would an app like this on google play help? - theres more out there on google play should do the job.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mediamushroom.copymydata&hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

dahat wrote: »
    Save to internal memory then move it to the SD card via File manager/Es Explorer etc,.
    That is doing the trick. Thanks. The only catch though is that ES Explorer is being denied access too: the regular file manager allows me to do it without a hitch.

I have formatted the card in a card reader since, just to be safe. I'm beginning to like the phone some more now that it is behaving. Dat screen is worth the price tag alone. I don't see myself going back to a smaller phone ever again.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭dahat

That is doing the trick. Thanks. The only catch though is that ES Explorer is being denied access too: the regular file manager allows me to do it without a hitch.

I have formatted the card in a card reader since, just to be safe. I'm beginning to like the phone some more now that it is behaving. Dat screen is worth the price tag alone. I don't see myself going back to a smaller phone ever again.

SD card issues are my only gripe with this phone but as I have a workaround I'm happy to keep it.

Glad to be able to help.

anyone know how to root the SU6?

anyone know how to root the SU6?

Cleanest way to do it is via this windows program.

http://mobilego.wondershare.com/

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Cleanest way to do it is via this windows program.

http://mobilego.wondershare.com/
    will the free version do the root?

will the free version do the root?

Yes.

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Yes.
    thanks mate

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭bitethebullet

Have bought this and want to unlock...what's the best provider at the moment still tesco?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,547 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Have bought this and want to unlock...what's the best provider at the moment still tesco?

Seems to be.
    That's what I am on.

Advertisement