Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭bitethebullet

charging 5 for the sim...48 are free and that 10 Euro Guido offer looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 15,547 ✭✭✭✭vectra

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Cleanest way to do it is via this windows program.

http://mobilego.wondershare.com/

I keep getting the message vodafone smart ultra6 root failed.
    Would there be a simple reason for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

vectra wrote: »

Got USB debugging enabled?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,547 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Got USB debugging enabled?

yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,013 ✭✭✭Hitchens

just a thought .........is it true that:

1. if you root you have lost the warranty ....even if you unroot subsequently?

2. there is a slight chance that the attempt at rooting could brick your phone?

Hitchens wrote: »
    just a thought .........is it true that:

1. if you root you have lost the warranty ....even if you unroot subsequently?

2. there is a slight chance that the attempt at rooting could brick your phone?

1. No (I returned mine after unrooting and got motherboard replaced)

2. Maybe very slight but not if you follow instructions. Even if something was to go wrong there is copy's of the recovery, roms online that you could reflash again if all else failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Have generally been happy with the phone since purchase, however in the last 2 months my 5gb of data has inexplicably disappeared, as has my daughter's (we're both with Tesco) any suggestions? I use WiFi at home and don't watch movies etc on data allowance

damian139 wrote: »
    Have generally been happy with the phone since purchase, however in the last 2 months my 5gb of data has inexplicably disappeared, as has my daughter's (we're both with Tesco) any suggestions? I use WiFi at home and don't watch movies etc on data allowance

Check the data usage menu in settings?

Yeah chrome 3gb in a little over a week. I was wondering was it anything to do with being " on roaming"

• Advertisement

Yeah chrome 3gb in a little over a week. I was wondering was it anything to do with being " on roaming"

No, roaming makes no difference. Must just be browsing the web more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Is anyone else having trouble with apps shutting down? I remember getting an Android update message sometime last week, and I've noticed a few separate apps - Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr - all closing down a few times and going back to the main screen. They open up again fine afterwards, but it does seem to be happing a few times each day now.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭mjp

Im having trouble opening links to pages on twitter over last few days. Seems to come and go during the day. Having to copy link to page and pasting it through google to access sites

mjp wrote: »
    Im having trouble opening links to pages on twitter over last few days. Seems to come and go during the day. Having to copy link to page and pasting it through google to access sites

What error are you getting? Are you using any sort of ad blocker?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Simply set your monthly data allowance and a threshold warning limit.
    You can also check what apps are using mobile data.
    All under the "Mobile Data" settings.

If anyone has xposed installed and would like to change or remove the carrier name on their phone there is a xposed module called custom text that will do it.

Very easy to do, once you have the module installed open it and search for systemui, then replace whatever the name being displayed in your status bar is with whatever you want or leave blank.

GH47NtX.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Has anyone else been having SD card issues? I've got a 128gb "samsung" (ebay looked legit) card installed but it keeps unmounting and I can't transfer any files or apps to it.

Can someone also link the solution to the pc connecting problems? The phone won't being up the USB menu when connected to my laptop it just starts charging and there's no option in notification bar to change it

neacy69 wrote: »
    Has anyone else been having SD card issues? I've got a 128gb "samsung" (ebay looked legit) card installed but it keeps unmounting and I can't transfer any files or apps to it.

Can someone also link the solution to the pc connecting problems? The phone won't being up the USB menu when connected to my laptop it just starts charging and there's no option in notification bar to change it
    Got USB debugging enabled? And mtp ticked? Also try the original cable if you're not already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

neacy69 wrote: »

It only takes sd cards up to 64GB

Yeah, I've done all that thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭dahat

If anyone has xposed installed and would like to change or remove the carrier name on their phone there is a xposed module called custom text that will do it.

Very easy to do, once you have the module installed open it and search for systemui, then replace whatever the name being displayed in your status bar is with whatever you want or leave blank.

GH47NtX.jpg?1

Any negatives from rooting? Want to remove the carrier text plus Vodafone boot logo but just a little wary of rooting the phone.

dahat wrote: »
    Any negatives from rooting? Want to remove the carrier text plus Vodafone boot logo but just a little wary of rooting the phone.

None that I've come across.

None that I've come across.

Root failed, twice.

Laptop didn't seem to "see" device on reboot during the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

Careful on rooting though. There are some applications that won't install on a rooted device.

JaCrispy wrote: »
    Careful on rooting though. There are some applications that won't install on a rooted device.

I'm aware of that alright.

No joy on rooting anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

It only takes sd cards up to 64GB

It's recognised the 128gb once it was put in

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Golden Horde

I've just bought the ultra 6 and got the unlock code.

I've copied all my contacts to my Meteor sim and am trying to insert it in the ultra 6. It's a larger sim with a push out smaller version within it.

Push out one is still too big to fit into the phone.

Help!

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

I've copied all my contacts to my Meteor sim and am trying to insert it in the ultra 6. It's a larger sim with a push out smaller version within it.

Help!

U need a nano
    If it's a brand new sim there should be another pop out section. Just the gold part with a tiny bit of plastic
    If not u will need to go into a store to get one

Help!

You probably have a mini to micro sim. This phone takes a nano sim. While it is possible to cut the sim down to size I wouldn't recommend it. Wait til tomorrow and ask meteor to transfer your number over to a nano sim. They'll do it free of charge.

• Advertisement

vectra wrote: »

Same here today, tried 4 times to no avail.

Advertisement