Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Golden Horde

FrostyJim wrote: »
    You probably have a mini to micro sim. This phone takes a nano sim. While it is possible to cut the sim down to size I wouldn't recommend it. Wait til tomorrow and ask meteor to transfer your number over to a nano sim. They'll do it free of charge.

Thanks Frosty and staticdoor71.

I assume I'll have to visit a Meteor shop to do that - how do I transfer my contacts onto this new nano sim...?

Does it come as a mini sim that I can insert it into my old phone to copy the contacts onto it and then push it out to make a nano sim...?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Thanks Frosty and staticdoor71.

I assume I'll have to visit a Meteor shop to do that - how do I transfer my contacts onto this new nano sim...?

Does it come as a mini sim that I can insert it into my old phone to copy the contacts onto it and then push it out to make a nano sim...?

It's 2015, do you not save your contacts to google?

Edit: may as well tell you how to transfer them too. Assuming your using an android phone go to contacts press the menu button and import/export. Then import from sim card. This will sync them with your google account so once you sign in on your new phone or any android device your contacts will come with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Golden Horde

It's my wife's phone and she's never successfully synced them to google, so that's why I was going down the sim card route.

I've synced the old phone again there now but when she logs into her google account no contacts appear.

It's always worked fine on my own phone/google account.

EDIT - Successfully backed up to google now - all contacts were set as phone sim and not google.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭pissed

pissed wrote: »
    Returned mine today in Blanchardstown. No question asked regarding unlocking etc. Took the sim and memory card out of it and factory reset. Said it should take 5 days or so to return.

Received back from VF today. Turns out it was a faulty touchscreen. One week turnaround, not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

neacy69 wrote: »
    It's recognised the 128gb once it was put in

It won't work properly and you'll have issues (as you are)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Morby

Thanks to the OP for posting about this.

I picked one up today and got an unlocking code off of eBay for about €3.

How do I go about removing / uninstalling all the Vodafone bloatware off of the phone, bear in mind whilst not a philistine I'm not the most tech savvy either. What's the easiest way to go about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,013 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Morby wrote: »

How do I go about removing / uninstalling all the Vodafone bloatware off of the phone, bear in mind whilst not a philistine I'm not the most tech savvy either. What's the easiest way to go about this?
    just disable them and you won't see them

Hitchens wrote: »
    just disable them and you won't see them

Thanks. Just tried to delete the bootlogo animation zip file as described in the OP's post. It won't let me delete it though.

Thanks. Just tried to delete the bootlogo animation zip file as described in the OP's post. It won't let me delete it though.

You need root to modify system files.

If anyone has xposed installed and would like to change or remove the carrier name on their phone there is a xposed module called custom text that will do it.

Very easy to do, once you have the module installed open it and search for systemui, then replace whatever the name being displayed in your status bar is with whatever you want or leave blank.

Sorry, just being nosy, but curious as to what's new in the Spotify Beta app you have?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Anyone care to guess why the attemtped root failed for me?

Mtp, debugging all enabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

dahat wrote: »
    Anyone care to guess why the attemtped root failed for me?

Mtp, debugging all enabled.

Some su6 are straightforward to root while others are a pig, luck of the draw AFAIK.
    There's a thread over on modacco showing how to root the awkward su6, no time to find link but someone linked it a few pages back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,013 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Yesterday I installed an app called Giant Clock (from the Google Play Store) on SU6 and ran it from 12 midnight to 8.30am.

Very easy to see the time on it btw, ...... anyway, I checked the battery usage this morning and it was down from 100% to 65%.

My iPhone would be screaming for a charge up under those circumstances.

So all good so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Hi original unlock link not on ebay anymore, can I ask you where you found unlock service, friend just bought one thanks.

Hi original unlock link not on ebay anymore, can I ask you where you found unlock service, friend just bought one thanks.

Just search for "Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 unlocking code" and you should find lots of sellers offering this service.

I paid about €3 for mine and had the code within an hour. Great service!

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭A Law

Did anyone on Tesco find a way to hide the data roaming notification that comes up? I read the first 14 pages but couldn't find a solution.

Did anyone on Tesco find a way to hide the data roaming notification that comes up? I read the first 14 pages but couldn't find a solution.

No, doesn't bother me as long as data works.

Just search for "Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 unlocking code" and you should find lots of sellers offering this service.

I paid about €3 for mine and had the code within an hour. Great service!

Yeah, wonder why they de listed on Ebay?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Yeah, wonder why they de listed on Ebay?

Most likely they didnt "de list" it. I'd say the ad was up for 30 or whatever the maximum days are for a buy it now listing and they just made a new listing.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭JustMac

Unfortunately I couldn't find a solution to that problem but I was having trouble getting data to work at all on a phone that I was using on Tesco Mobile. I found the following link

https://www.tescomobile.ie/priceplans/international/phone-settings.aspx

which sent on some configuration settings and at least now data is working but the Roaming notification still comes up. Smart Ultra 6 wasn't on the list of phone models so I just selected Vodafone Smart 4 Fun.

Hope this is of use to someone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Just tried to root using Kingroot apk and still no joy.

This phone is unrootable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

dahat wrote: »
    Just tried to root using Kingroot apk and still no joy.

This phone is unrootable.

Non-sense poopie pants! google "root Zte"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

bidiots wrote: »

Was in UK last weekend and picked up one in UK maplin store £9.99 - more than what I wanted to pay for one but still handy to have one to hand when I need to use one. Yeah it works grand with the phone.

maplin-tech-on-the-go-micro-usb-to-female-usb.jpg?w=283&h=283&r=4&o=vNZInAYEegefI8XBrfIPHcZO34Uj&V=r3B2

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/maplin-tech-on-the-go-micro-usb-to-female-usb-n36qg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Got some of those cheaper myself alright. Tried connecting a mouse and USB memory stick. Both of which worked. Can't really see myself plugging anything into it often though.

GvidoR wrote: »
    Got some of those cheaper myself alright. Tried connecting a mouse and USB memory stick. Both of which worked. Can't really see myself plugging anything into it often though.

My wife has slr digital camera and she normally waited until got home and hooked up to computer and then upload photos to facebook etc.. - I said now if she wants to borrow the OTG adaptor now all she would need to do is plug the usb cable from the SLR camera into the phone (or plug in usb SD card reader to the adaptor) and upload the photos from the SLR camera to the phone, and then upload them by wi-fi or 3G/4G now - dont see why that wouldnt work

If anyone has xposed installed and would like to change or remove the carrier name on their phone there is a xposed module called custom text that will do it.

Very easy to do, once you have the module installed open it and search for systemui, then replace whatever the name being displayed in your status bar is with whatever you want or leave blank.

Was so happy at hearing this because I have wanted the IRL-METEOR text in the Status Bar gone since I have had this phone from Day 1 - have downloaded Custom Text activated module, restarted phone, selected app, selected systemui, put IRL-METEOR in the 'Original Text' box and left the 'New Text' box empty pressed the red circle and restarted the phone and the blasted text is still in the status bar. wonder what I am doing wrong. Also, it might be me, but I feel the phone is working slower now i have added this custom text module

Was so happy at hearing this because I have wanted the IRL-METEOR text in the Status Bar gone since I have had this phone from Day 1 - have downloaded Custom Text activated module, restarted phone, selected app, selected systemui, put IRL-METEOR in the 'Original Text' box and left the 'New Text' box empty pressed the red circle and restarted the phone and the blasted text is still in the status bar. wonder what I am doing wrong. Also, it might be me, but I feel the phone is working slower now i have added this custom text module

When you pressed the tick to save it did you press enable or toggle it on up the top?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 xdark

Good to see price is going down Amazon & vodafone .co.uk selling this phone for £100. That is approximately 142 €.
    I hope Vodafone .ie will do Christmas promo and drop it down even more.

[url]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vodafone-Smart-Android-Smartphone--Silver/dp/B013F8UIX2/ref=lp_10394961_1_3?s=telephone&ie=UTF8&qid=1447448017&sr=1-3[/url]
    [url]https://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/pay-as-you-go/vodafone-smart-6-ultra-payg/sku86605-grey[/url]

xdark wrote: »
    Good to see price is going down Amazon & vodafone .co.uk selling this phone for £100. That is approximately 142 €.
    I hope Vodafone .ie will do Christmas promo and drop it down even further.

It's been £99 at Vodafone UK for a good while. I was in the UK last month and forgot to pick one up :(

• Advertisement

When you pressed the tick to save it did you press enable or toggle it on up the top?

Brilliant it worked - Thanks. I'm not sure how I done it this time but the carrier name has now gone thank god . i think i clicked on 'action' this time and chose 'add upstairs' (whatever that is) and then ticked and restarted and now its gone. thats good.

Advertisement