Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Anyone with Three have hotspot working ok? It was definitely working before (not sure if I tried it after switching from Vodafone though) but now I can connect to it but there's no internet connection while it works fine on the phone.

Tried changing the name & password, tried it over WiFi on laptop & iPhone, over USB on the laptop. Connects but no internet. :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

reset your hotspot - could be just the recpetion on 3 . its not great this evening

Nowso wrote: »
    reset your hotspot - could be just the recpetion on 3 . its not great this evening

I restarted the phone and all. Getting 4G on it but no internet access on the devices connected to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

GvidoR wrote: »
    I restarted the phone and all. Getting 4G on it but no internet access on the devices connected to it.

Do your data plan cover tethering? If not, Three might just started detecting and blocking it. It's actually very easy...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Anyone with Three have hotspot working ok? It was definitely working before (not sure if I tried it after switching from Vodafone though) but now I can connect to it but there's no internet connection while it works fine on the phone.

Tried changing the name & password, tried it over WiFi on laptop & iPhone, over USB on the laptop. Connects but no internet. :(

Mine did work when I was with 3 a few months back. I'd imagine if they did start blocking tethering we would have a lot of posts on here. Have you tried a different sim in the su6 or the 3 sim in a different phone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭dahat

How did you root the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

dahat wrote: »

Im just trying to think now, I did have real trouble I know that - when I was using kingo root it would only stay rooted until I restarted the phone and then it lost root again. It was the most difficult phone i found to root, and i have rooted quite a few androids in the past. If i remember what I did or the forum I went to i shall let you know. I think off memory, I had to root phone then flash TWR recovery and load super user and then it remained rooted when I restarted it

dahat wrote: »

Try this method if you haven't already.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=63303956&postcount=687

• Registered Users Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

xdark wrote: »
    Good to see price is going down Amazon & vodafone .co.uk selling this phone for £100. That is approximately 142 €.
    I hope Vodafone .ie will do Christmas promo and drop it down even more.

[url]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vodafone-Smart-Android-Smartphone--Silver/dp/B013F8UIX2/ref=lp_10394961_1_3?s=telephone&ie=UTF8&qid=1447448017&sr=1-3[/url]
    [url]https://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/pay-as-you-go/vodafone-smart-6-ultra-payg/sku86605-grey[/url]

I'm tempted to get one there and use Parcel Motel. I'm just wary of the hassle; if I had to send it back in the event it was faulty.
    Or do you think a Vodafone store here was accommodate me in that scenario?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,248 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I'm tempted to get one there and use Parcel Motel. I'm just wary of the hassle; if I had to send it back in the event it was faulty.
    Or do you think a Vodafone store here was accommodate me in that scenario?
    It is also available on Amazon for 100 GBP, that might be the best option for returning it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vodafone-Smart-Ultra-Android-Smartphone/dp/B013F8UJRM/ref=sr_1_1?s=telephone&ie=UTF8&qid=1447591615&sr=1-1&keywords=vodafone+smart+ultra+6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

yeah, that's where I was meaning to buy it. I probably didn't make that clear.

Interesting...

nQIO9tj.png

Interesting...

nQIO9tj.png

Vodafone uk had that description on their site for ages until I queried it with them on their forum. There was two users over on the xda forum that said there is some news coming Monday. What that is is anyone's guess. Hopefully its 5.1.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,248 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

yeah, that's where I was meaning to buy it. I probably didn't make that clear.
    I added it to my basket earlier and it seemed to be ok to order without using PM. For returns, Amazon is usually quite straightforward anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Rippy

No trouble , regularly tether iPad, laptop and other phones with inferior data plans .

I spoke too soon it seems yesterday, I'm on iD and tried to tether today and I'm getting no internet access either.
    6ACl5iO.png

Oh no. I guess this means it's time to leave Three and go to Meteor.

Unless its something we both have done to our phones. I know i've installed a good few things from xposed over the last few weeks, i wonder would anything have been broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

I was having the same problems with tethering but after following this guide its working.

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Unless its something we both have done to our phones. I know i've installed a good few things from xposed over the last few weeks, i wonder would anything have been broken.

Mine is not rooted or anything. Just have a few apps from the Play Store on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Need to pick up an SD card for this phone. Any decent deals? I got a 128gb one on ebay but it doesn't work (in phone on laptop)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Need to pick up an SD card for this phone. Any decent deals? I got a 128gb one on ebay but it doesn't work (in phone or in laptop)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭lightspeed

Can anyone confirm how suitable this phone is to use as a gps in the car?

I currently have an iphone 4s which can lag a lot when closing and opening apps.

I can use google maps and tomtom gps fine without any issues. The iphone screen is 3.5 inches but overal in height im guessing it about 4.5 inches in total.

Im a bit weary of this phone having a screen size of 5.5 inches as i dont want a phone that is so big it could obstruct my view when driving.

I suppose i could get a holder to go on dash but i prefer having it in the window ideally.

At €169.99 on vodafone im thinking of picking one up even at that price. seems a decent phone.

Can anyone confirm if it will likely be able to withstand future android upgrades also without becoming slow and less responsive?

I was happy with the speed of iphone 4s when i got it but it really cant seem to cope with newer IOS versions too well. although ive the 16 gb that is mostly full so that may be part of the reason.

lightspeed wrote: »

I currently have an iphone 4s which can lag a lot when closing and opening apps.

I can use google maps and tomtom gps fine without any issues. The iphone screen is 3.5 inches but overal in height im guessing it about 4.5 inches in total.

Im a bit weary of this phone having a screen size of 5.5 inches as i dont want a phone that is so big it could obstruct my view when driving.

I suppose i could get a holder to go on dash but i prefer having it in the window ideally.

At €169.99 on vodafone im thinking of picking one up even at that price. seems a decent phone.

Can anyone confirm if it will likely be able to withstand future android upgrades also without becoming slow and less responsive?

I was happy with the speed of iphone 4s when i got it but it really cant seem to cope with newer IOS versions too well. although ive the 16 gb that is mostly full so that may be part of the reason.
    It is a big phone but it won't obstruct your view much more than any other phone. I've used it a couple of times in the car for navigation and its never let me down. As for updates. This phone will probably get 5.1 but don't expect anything after that. IMO its an excellent phone at a great price, design is not amazing but the performance and battery life more than make up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,013 ✭✭✭Hitchens

works grand as satnav

• Registered Users Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭lightspeed

It is a big phone but it won't obstruct your view much more than any other phone. I've used it a couple of times in the car for navigation and its never let me down. As for updates. This phone will probably get 5.1 but don't expect anything after that. IMO its an excellent phone at a great price, design is not amazing but the performance and battery life more than make up for it.

Yeah the battery is a real selling point aswell. Im sick of iphone battery at less than 50% after just a few hours even if i have just left it in my pocket.

Yeah the battery is a real selling point aswell. Im sick of iphone battery at less than 50% after just a few hours even if i have just left it in my pocket.

Yeah its the best battery I've seen in a phone in a good while. I usually get to the end of the day with about 20-30% left. On my last phone, I'd have to charge it during the day at some stage to make it last till night time.

Mine is not rooted or anything. Just have a few apps from the Play Store on it.

Not sure what is going on but after installing and running pdanet+ it is back working, I've since uninstalled it and the built-in hotspot is still working so my guess is that something got corrupted at some point and pdanet fixed it.

neacy69 wrote: »
    Need to pick up an SD card for this phone. Any decent deals? I got a 128gb one on ebay but it doesn't work (in phone or in laptop)

€52.79 for a sandisk class 10 from Amazon.co.uk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Yeah its the best battery I've seen in a phone in a good while. I usually get to the end of the day with about 20-30% left. On my last phone, I'd have to charge it during the day at some stage to make it last till night time.

oh yeah second and third that the battery is terrific on this phone - best battery stamina on any android phone i have owned

Advertisement