Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Went away for the weekend, only used the phone for 2.5 hours in that time (screen on time). Still had 50%+ on Sunday afternoon from Friday evening. Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

4G seems to drain the battery pretty quick though. Much better when connected to WiFi.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

GvidoR wrote: »
    4G seems to drain the battery pretty quick though. Much better when connected to WiFi.

i personally haven't tried it on 4G yet. I'm not in 4G area and I haven't got a 4G plan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭madmoe

Evening all,
    I'm going to sell my phone, it's just too big for me. If anyone is interested or has a mate who is shoot me a PM.

Thanks,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Only recently switched off 4g. The Three 4g speeds are absolutely atrocious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭lightspeed

anyone got any experience with it using meteor 4g?

im on 48 at the moment and find them decent even though it only 3g.

I like the idea of 4g very much but Ive read a few here saying three network and others using it such as virgin an iD being pretty poor.

Does running a phone on 4g cost more than 3g ?

madmoe wrote: »
    Evening all,
    I'm going to sell my phone, it's just too big for me. If anyone is interested or has a mate who is shoot me a PM.

Thanks,
    M

How long did you try and get used to it? - my daughter got a one plus one and loved/loves the phone - for the first week or so she was saying that phone was huge and that she didnt know how she was gonna get on with it, but now there is no way she would go back to a smaller phone now. - she brought out her previous samsung galaxy S2 phone the other day to get something off it and couldnt believe how tiny the screen looked!

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

madmoe wrote: »
    Evening all,

Thanks,
    M

I'd be very interested if still available!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ezra_pound

I'm getting a problem. Mine says headset plugged in and it won't go away. Never actually used headset on it. - use Bluetooth earphones. Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

plug in a headset then unplug it.

Sometimes a piece of dust can just be on the sensor, blowing won't dislodge it, but sticking in a headset might.

• Advertisement

plug in a headset then unplug it.

Sometimes a piece of dust can just be on the sensor, blowing won't dislodge it, but sticking in a headset might.

Yea. I tried that. No luck! Should I bring it back to Vodafone?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭touts

ezra_pound wrote: »
    I'm getting a problem. Mine says headset plugged in and it won't go away. Never actually used headset on it. - use Bluetooth earphones. Any ideas?

Did it get wet by any chance? I had that problem with a Samsung S3 after the phone got wet in the rain. A couple of days later it was still saying headset was plugged in when everything else was ok. I put it in front of a fan heater with the headphone socket pointed at the heater. An hour later the problem was solved.

touts wrote: »
    Did it get wet by any chance? I had that problem with a Samsung S3 after the phone got wet in the rain. A couple of days later it was still saying headset was plugged in when everything else was ok. I put it in front of a fan heater with the headphone socket pointed at the heater. An hour later the problem was solved.

In bed with a fever so that's a possibility!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

lightspeed wrote: »
    anyone got any experience with it using meteor 4g?

im on 48 at the moment and find them decent even though it only 3g.

I like the idea of 4g very much but Ive read a few here saying three network and others using it such as virgin an iD being pretty poor.

Does running a phone on 4g cost more than 3g ?

Virgin told me there were 3g only when they launched. Has this changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

I see the phone is back to 100 sterling on uk website. has anyone figured out how to order using parcel motel address? it seems billing and postal address much match. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

I see the phone is back to 100 sterling on uk website. has anyone figured out how to order using parcel motel address? it seems billing and postal address much match. Thanks

Amazon have it for the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Techmaster wrote: »

Currently unavailable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Techmaster wrote: »

No, it does not.

dont get mixed up on Amazon with the smart prime and smart ultra like I do when I look on amazon site

The updates need to go through testing to ensure they are working smoothly with our software etc. so if there are any issues at any point, the updates can get pushed back. Current testing is almost complete, so all going well, it should be launched in the next week or two.

Let's hope it's true this time.

• Advertisement

if Cyanogenmod was released tomorrow for this phone and it was stable and everything worked I would have no hesitation loading it. I had a Samsung galaxy note 1 and it ran like a bag of spanners on the stock android (touchwiz) but once I loaded (CM10 I think it was) it ran beautiful , like a new phone, no lag and camera and other apps started up instantly.

Is anyone experiencing any 'lag' on the smart ultra 6 when opening up the camera app ? (vodafone built in one) - I am especially if starting it for first time after rebooting phone - there have been times i have wanted to take a photo and and have had to wait ages for the camera to start fully to get to the stage of taking a photo, I hate that when that happens on phones like this. if there is a particular photo you want to take you cant be waiting ages like this for the camera app to start! - tried clearing camera app's cahe, still made no difference. Sometimes facebook app will take its time starting as well. - any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Is anyone experiencing any 'lag' on the smart ultra 6 when opening up the camera app ? (vodafone built in one) - I am especially if starting it for first time after rebooting phone - there have been times i have wanted to take a photo and and have had to wait ages for the camera to start fully to get to the stage of taking a photo, I hate that when that happens on phones like this. if there is a particular photo you want to take you cant be waiting ages like this for the camera app to start! - tried clearing camera app's cahe, still made no difference. Sometimes facebook app will take its time starting as well. - any tips?
    I use google camera and while it opens relatively quick, it can take ages to actually take a photo after press the take picture.

What do mean by 'ages'? A couple of seconds? 10 seconds? More?

RainyDay wrote: »
    What do mean by 'ages'? A couple of seconds? 10 seconds? More?

As in it takes about 5 seconds to take a picture picture when it should take about 1-2 seconds. I'd press the button then a few seconds later the flash would come on for a few seconds, then it would actually flash and take the picture. Just takes longer than any other camera on a phone I've used before.

Saying that for me its not a big issue. I rarely use the camera.

if Cyanogenmod was released tomorrow for this phone and it was stable and everything worked I would have no hesitation loading it. I had a Samsung galaxy note 1 and it ran like a bag of spanners on the stock android (touchwiz) but once I loaded (CM10 I think it was) it ran beautiful , like a new phone, no lag and camera and other apps started up instantly.

Android has moved on a lot in the last 4 years....

GvidoR wrote: »
    Let's hope it's true this time.

Would this update come through automatically for a non-rooted phone?

RainyDay wrote: »

Yeah, may take a few weeks though. Once its released it will be found here.

http://www.ztedevice.com/support/e1b72cc8-4cd8-40da-be40-62ed571dfcf1.html?type=software

RainyDay wrote:

Check your settings. On default I think it's set to check once a week, download and update automatically.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

grogi wrote: »
    No, it does not.

Up to a day ago, they were selling the Ultra 6 for £100 in both colours. May be unavailable now due to popularity.

EDIT; they still do have it, shipping on the 20th, so not sure what you were looking at.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B013F8UIX2/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1447758047&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=ultra+6&dpPl=1&dpID=41ViSJTc5zL&ref=plSrch

Advertisement