Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estoria in Bagenalstown closed again?

• 05-07-2015 10:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭

I stopped at the Estoria around 12.30 for lunch, but the doors were closed and no lights on inside. Anyone heard anything? Hate to see another vacant premises in the town.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Wouldn't surprise me if it was.

There's not enough trade for another place to eat in the town.

The locals will always go with the cheaper alternatives. For a town of its size, it has 4 chippers, 2 Chinese takeaways, 2 Indian takeaways and one pub that serves food.

I only ate in there once since it reopened and it was really nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Thanks for the reply, yeah I liked the food there too. I did think it a bit strange their credit card machine didn't work, cash only. Feel sorry for staff losing their jobs. I'm not a takeaway person, so will have to head elsewhere for Sunday lunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭PeteFalk78

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Wouldn't surprise me if it was.

There's not enough trade for another place to eat in the town.

The locals will always go with the cheaper alternatives. For a town of its size, it has 4 chippers, 2 Chinese takeaways, 2 Indian takeaways and one pub that serves food.

I only ate in there once since it reopened and it was really nice.

There are 2 Indians in BTown? I know the one up near the church....where is the other one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

PeteFalk78 wrote: »
    There are 2 Indians in BTown? I know the one up near the church....where is the other one?

Marios across from the old hotel have a full takeaway Indian menu.

Really nice food as well.

Advertisement