Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What should I expect when registering a company in terms of legal requirements?

Options
  • 05-07-2015 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭

Hi folks!

A fellow student that did a course with a couple of years ago set up an actual company for his final year software development project.

What are the legal requirements of doing something like this?

I'm assuming that I'll have to pay a initial setup fee of some kind then have to do some kind of tax audit to prove that I'm not earning any money, and therefore do not have to pay taxes, correct?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

If you register as a Sole Trader its pretty straight forward if you wanted to go for an LTD for some reason there its a bit more expensive and there are more obligations. The Legal Structures section on the Citizens Information site sums it up and gives a few links for further reading/registering.

Advertisement