Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pricing on Philips 40" 4K monitor - Too good to be true?

Options
  • 06-07-2015 3:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Greetings!

Having recently decided to purchase the Philips 40" 4K VA monitor, I just came across what appears to be a fantastic deal on the unit from (redacted in case they see this). They are asking for EUR 700 compared with 900 from Elara and PC World. The pricing remains the same throughout the checkout pages, so it is definitely possible to complete the purchase at that price.

My question is whether (redacted) is obliged to follow through on the sale if I complete the checkout process via PayPal at that price and pay immediately?

Thank you,

Troy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

No company is obligated to follow through with a sale if there is an error in the pricing. The advertised price is an offer, at any point the offer can be withdrawn.

You can always try, and if they honour it great. Just make sure you do your own checks wrt. the bonafides of the website and the company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Am I missing something or would that not be a pretty normal price difference between a more competitive online retailer vs PC World and Elara (Elara are notoriously overpriced for an online store).

• Registered Users Posts: 11 troy2062

Am I missing something or would that not be a pretty normal price difference between a more competitive online retailer vs PC World and Elara (Elara are notoriously overpriced for an online store).

It is cheaper than almost anywhere else. Even on eBay, they sell for at least EUR 850.

In any case, I took the risk and purchased it. They shipped it earlier today via UPS, so that's wonderful. :3

It is cheaper than almost anywhere else. Even on eBay they sell for at least EUR 850.

In any case, I took the risk and purchased it. They shipped it earlier today via UPS, so that's wonderful. :3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

nw1s2.jpg

• Advertisement

davo2001 wrote: »
    OP posts about great price for monitor.
    Won't post link.

Well, I purchased the monitor at that price and it shipped yesterday, so I think it's perfectly safe to mention now. It can be found on the Irish Komplett and the product name is "Philips Brilliance BDM4065UC".

I can't post links in any case. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Wonderful

Advertisement