Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best sterling rate?

Options
  • 06-07-2015 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

Hi what is the best way to get sterling? 

Do I buy at a bank before I go?
    Withdraw lump in UK with my BOI debit card?
    Use the card as normal in the UK? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

jamesbil wrote: »
    Hi what is the best way to get sterling? 

Do I buy at a bank before I go?
    Withdraw lump in UK with my BOI debit card?
    Use the card as normal in the UK? 
    Hi jamesbil,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

When you are exchanging cash for a foreign currency in branch, a daily exchange rate is applied. You can find more information on the daily exchange rate here . The charge for purchasing foreign currency is 1% of the transaction value, with a minimum charge of €1.25 and maximum of €6.35.

When using your Visa debit card for non-euro transactions the following cross border charges apply:

• ATM withdrawal - 3.5% of transaction value with a minimum charge of €3.17 and maximum of €11.43 per transaction.
    • Point of sale purchases - 2% of the transaction value with a maximum charge of €11.43 per transaction.
    More information on charges associated with using your Visa Debit card abroad can be found in our fees and charges schedule here.

We hope this helps and if there's anything else we can help with, please let us know.

Thanks,
    Sharon

Advertisement