Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What foundation do you wear for day wear and evening?

Options
  • 06-07-2015 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

I use Rimmel (the one with the red lid) for day wear and love Mac studio fix fluid for going out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭cleopatra11

Banaba wrote: »
    I use Rimmel (the one with the red lid) for day wear and love Mac studio fix fluid for going out

I use the same one day and night. I hate full coverage anyway. A MUA once said to me that you should use the same colour day and night that the idea of a darker shade for nightime is silly. Just use bronzer if you want to go darker.

I use Armani Luminous Silk. If i want a lighter makeup I use the GA face fabric. Super sheer.

Do people usually have different ones for day and night? Sorry if it's a stupid question, but why?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Candie wrote: »
    Do people usually have different ones for day and night? Sorry if it's a stupid question, but why?

Am wondering the same :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

I wear a different foundation at night. Usually something with no spf, might be darker, depending on my tan, and something heavier than I'd wear day to day, they seem to look better in artifartificial light and would make my skin drier if I wore them too much

Currently I'm wearing bourjois cc cream during the day and MUFE matt velvet foundation at night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Right now I wear NARS Radiant Tinted Moisturiser for day and Clarins Everlasting Foundation for night, both in similar shades because I don't wear tan. But if my skin is playing up or I need longlasting coverage during the day I stick to the Clarins all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I use Mac studio fix fluid NW20 for day and for night. Never understood why people use two different foundations for day and night. If I'm going to do anything different for night I would amp up my eyes or lips but my base always remains the same.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I use MAC BB cream (SPF35) for the day time as it's a much softer finish and just really covers any discolouration, my skin but better looking. For night time, I look for something more full coverage, longer lasting, no or low SPF as someone else mentioned. I normally use YSL Touche Eclat but have just gotten a bottle of MAC Mineralize and I'm loving it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I layer and mix about four bases and make ups for day wear. I use concealer and then brozer. Going out it's primer, a mix of two long wear foundations with highlighter/bronzer. Because the make up is mixed it always looks light but comes off a bit too easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭begrandx

A light layer of benefit hello flawless during the day and EstÃ႒©e Lauder double wear at night, I'd wear the double wear everyday if I could but it dries out my skin so I can only use it once per week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

eternal wrote: »
    I layer and mix about four bases and make ups for day wear. I use concealer and then brozer. Going out it's primer, a mix of two long wear foundations with highlighter/bronzer. Because the make up is mixed it always looks light but comes off a bit too easily.

Just wondering which long wearing foundations do you use at night.

At the moment I use nars sheer glow during the day and EL double wear at nigh.

• Advertisement

Often people wear a higher coverage if they're going out.

I wear BB cream with SPF50 during the day and if I'm going out I wear a foundation.

Kiehls BB cream, Inglot HD foundation.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭prettyrestless

I wear Estee Lauder double wear for day and night, I just apply it differently. I apply using my fingers during the day and at night I apply two layers using a damp beauty blender for a flawless finish.

Purely out of interest, what about people with good skin? If you had even toned and unblemished skin, would you still wear a different or fuller coverage foundation at night?

I honestly never knew this was a thing. I rarely wear any foundation, just moisturiser, blush, mascara and tinted balm during the day, and sometimes eyeliner and a darker gloss or sheer lipstick at night. When I do use foundation, it's the lightest I can find or else I add some moisturiser to the Bourjois one I have to sheer it down.

Purely out of interest, what about people with good skin? If you had even toned and unblemished skin, would you still wear a different or fuller coverage foundation at night?

I honestly never knew this was a thing. I rarely wear any foundation, just moisturiser, blush, mascara and tinted balm during the day, and sometimes eyeliner and a darker gloss or sheer lipstick at night. When I do use foundation, it's the lightest I can find or else I add some moisturiser to the Bourjois one I have to sheer it down.

I have pretty good skin. Me without make up (bar eyelashes) and yeh, I wear foundation if I'm going "out out", not much now, but I prefer a longer lasting coverage if I'm out for the night. I don't bring make up with me anywhere, so once I've it on, that's it. That pic was taken a few weeks ago, I'll get a load of freckles now over the summer and they won't be hidden by make up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Tilly

If i'm wearing something during the day (which isnt often) i'll wear a BB cream. Then have my proper makeup for when going out. Same as my perfumes. I have a daytime perfume and my going out perfume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

If I didn't have spots I'd probably still wear something long lasting because I have oily skin. If I'm out at night I'll probably be in a stuffy pub/bar and there may be some dancing involved so I need a foundation to cope with that!

If my skin was really good I'd probably go bare-faced during the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭pipster

Sometimes people might wear more of tinted moisturiser during the day as its quick to apply and gives a more natural look. Then wear a foundation at night.

I personally don’t. If I’m going out I might buff a 2nd layer of foundation for a more flawless finish and add some bronzer if I’ve tan on. I like Mac Pro Longwear foundation as it lasts all day and night. I went to a wedding and did my make-up at 6am and didn’t need to touch it up at all. It has an SPF of 10 so it works well for photos.

What I’ve started doing now to keep costs down (MAC is 36.50) is use a cheaper foundation during the week just for work. I use Loreal Tru Match which is 15euro and its supposedly a dupe for Armani Luminous Silk. Its nice and thin so it goes on quick and gives a nice finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I wear Estee Lauder Double Wear during the night and day. Don't wear foundation everyday, but that's the only one I wear. My skin is actually quite clear, I just like Double Wear because it's the only foundation that doesn't melt off my skin. Actually, on nights when I go out after work I don't even need to put anymore foundation on. It's great!

I also like Chanel Perfection Lumiere, but it doesn't stay on as long.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I love Estee Lauder double wear too, but I have quite dry skin and find it very drying/flaky on my skin at times.
    I might try the double wear light, but I'm not sure I'd get as much coverage, so I'm in two minds about it!

For night time, I'll often wear Elizabeth Arden flawless finish compact with a heap of face powder. Great coverage, and in a club/pub it doesn't look too heavy, which it probably would during the day.

Advertisement