Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weights for beginners

• 06-07-2015 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi all, can anyone recommend what size weights to use for a female beginner.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Whatever feels like a challenge for you. It depends on how many reps and sets you are aiming for, and if you don't know that then you should do some research on what kind of program you should be doing. Personal Trainers are cheap for an intro session.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 mozies

Zillah wrote: »
    Whatever feels like a challenge for you. It depends on how many reps and sets you are aiming for, and if you don't know that then you should do some research on what kind of program you should be doing. Personal Trainers are cheap for an intro session.

Thanks I was on holiday and went into the gym and was looking at the weights but they all kind of felt heavy. I think I'll book an appointment with a trainer at my gym and get a proper demo. Thank you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭guile4582

mozies wrote: »
    Thanks I was on holiday and went into the gym and was looking at the weights but they all kind of felt heavy. I think I'll book an appointment with a trainer at my gym and get a proper demo. Thank you :)

if you are a complete noob good idea to get a few sessions, but don't get sucked into getting any more than you need.

Learn how to use equipment
    Get a plan
    Get some advice on diet

guile4582 wrote: »
    if you are a complete noob good idea to get a few sessions, but don't get sucked into getting any more than you need.

Learn how to use equipment
    Get a plan
    Get some advice on diet
    When I read that first I thought you called me a knob lol. Yeah I think a couple of sessions. I'm the type if sign up for anything for as long as they keep telling me I need it.

Thanks a million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭guile4582

mozies wrote: »
    When I read that first I thought you called me a knob lol. Yeah I think a couple of sessions. I'm the type if sign up for anything for as long as they keep telling me I need it.

Thanks a million.

LOL

classes are a good way to get to grips with equipment too, and are usually included in gym membership. defo worth checking if a complete NEWBIE at free weights -> circuit training classes especially

• Advertisement

guile4582 wrote: »
    LOL

classes are a good way to get to grips with equipment too, and are usually included in gym membership. defo worth checking if a complete NEWBIE at free weights -> circuit training classes especially

Newbie lol

Yeah I think I will sign up and change gym the gym I was in you fill out the form, pay and its bye bye have fun . I hadn't a clue what some of the machines did. (not the cardio ones)

Advertisement