Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now Ye're Talking to - an Orthodox Jewish Irish woman

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Thanks for the reply, OJIW. I am forming the opinion that not so many Hasidic Jews would be farmers then? Or otherwise employ staff who would not be bound to observance of all the rules? In the Dairy industry, and indeed poultry and fruit and veg. production, operation of electrical equipment is unavoidable. Even Robot milking machines need human intervention continuously.
    If I travel to Israel and visit dairy farms, will I find a largely non Jewish work force?
    regards, Nec.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

Op can I please refer you to your post #108 where you stated 'Of course, being pregnant, this condition no longer applies. Many feel that the quality of relations between husband and wife diminishes during this time as a result of being constantly 'available'- we've had to make more of an effort to keep our relationship fresh over the past few months.'

I don't understand why, given you are married 6/7/8 months that you already need to keep the relationship 'fresh'. I'm not trying to be smart but shouldn't this be the honeymoon period. Are there rules regard the 2 weeks in which the couple can touch? Is the woman (not asking about you personally) allowed refuse her husband intimacy?

Given that it was an 'arranged' marriage? If so did you have a choice of partners or could you refuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

You mentioned God as he manifests himself in nature. Could you tell me more about that? Do you involve nature in your worship in any way? Is there a belief in a life force or energy (I guess like chi)?

Sort of related to the above question, is there a belief in paranormal things? I assume biblical miracles are believed in? What about spirits, demons, omens, signs, witches, psychics etc.

Did I read earlier that there is no Jewish hell? If so how are sins punished?

Do Jews believe all non Jews will be punished?

What is the Jewish belief when it comes to reincarnation?

Thanks for answering my questions on birth and child rearing so comprehensively. I have one or two more on that subject too: is the Jewish home traditionally strict?

I have a 6 month old and I struggle with some advice people trot out. I find a lot of parents are discouraged from listening to their instincts and to listen to society instead. Don't bed share, get baby out of room at 6 months, leave baby to cry if you know he is clean/fed etc, feed to your schedule not theirs, withhold night feeds after 6 months etc. would it be similar there or are parents encouraged to be more instinctive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Continued thanks for your participation.
    If you wish to refuse to answer my repeated question, I have no problem with that but I would be very interested in a direct answer or a direct refusal to answer.
    Are people of your faith required to believe in creationism as portrayed in Genesis?
    Do you believe in creationism as portrayed in Genesis?

I am genuinely curious about this matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Why does Judaism pass from mother to child rather than just from parent to child?

If a child from a mixed marriage of a Jewish father and non-Jewish mother is raised in the Jewish faith, does he or she have to convert since their mother is not Jewish?

• Advertisement
  • Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

It's time to close this one up ladies and gentlemen. Thank you so much to our guest for answering so many questions and so thoroughly over the past week, it's been an education.

Thanks for all of the questions too :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement