Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Savings Account

Options
  • 06-07-2015 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

Hi. I have a savings account that Im using to save for my wedding. I want to change it to a normal account where I can get a cheque book and debit card to pay the various bits and pieces. Can I do this in any bank of ireland? I originally set the account up in Clonmel but have since moved to Dublin.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

martinak89 wrote: »
    Hi. I have a savings account that Im using to save for my wedding. I want to change it to a normal account where I can get a cheque book and debit card to pay the various bits and pieces. Can I do this in any bank of ireland? I originally set the account up in Clonmel but have since moved to Dublin.
    Hi martinak89,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

It is certainly possible to open a Current Account in any Bank of Ireland branch. You can book an appointment with your local branch here. Branch contact details can be found here.

You can also open a Personal Current Account online on our Bank of Ireland website or by contacting our Account Opening Team on 1890 354 454. Please see here for more information and a list of verification documents required. 

We hope this helps and if there's anything else we can help you with, please let us know. 

Thanks,
    Sharon

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭martinak89

Hi martinak89,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

It is certainly possible to open a Current Account in any Bank of Ireland branch. You can book an appointment with your local branch here. Branch contact details can be found here.

You can also open a Personal Current Account online on our Bank of Ireland website or by contacting our Account Opening Team on 1890 354 454. Please see here for more information and a list of verification documents required. 

We hope this helps and if there's anything else we can help you with, please let us know. 

Thanks,
    Sharon

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Just one question while I think of it. If I want to open the account in both mine and my fiancés name, would he need to be present with me? Don't want to make the appointment and find out that I needed him too ^_^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi martinak89,

Thank you for coming back to us and congratulations on your engagement. 

When opening a joint account both parties would need to be present for the appointment in the branch. For more information on the documentation you would need, please call our dedicated Bank of Ireland Direct team on 0818 365 365. 

We wish you all the best on your wedding day. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭martinak89

Hi martinak89,

Thank you for coming back to us and congratulations on your engagement. 

When opening a joint account both parties would need to be present for the appointment in the branch. For more information on the documentation you would need, please call our dedicated Bank of Ireland Direct team on 0818 365 365. 

We wish you all the best on your wedding day. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine

Wonderful. Thanks :)

Advertisement