Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you recommend me a Honeymoon Provider?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

Loughc wrote: »
    I can't believe I set this thread up a year ago, eager much? :P

I'm still faced with the same problem I was a year ago, I really would love to get a ballpark figure to work into my budget but it's too early to get quotes. I'm planning on going on honeymoon next June.

How far in advance have ye booked/priced yer honeymoon?

I'd say you'd struggle to get quote for prices next June as most hotels won't have released their pricing and same with airlines. If you wait a few months you should have no problem getting quotes. Some travel agents might give you a ball park figure going off average costings for this year plus a few percent but I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

Do you know what kind of honeymoon you want? It might be best to see what others paid for similar type honeymoons so you can get an idea of budget. A 2 week all inclusive in 1 place will be quite different price wise to a multi city honeymoon.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

ahayes84 wrote: »
    Do you know what kind of honeymoon you want? It might be best to see what others paid for similar type honeymoons so you can get an idea of budget. A 2 week all inclusive in 1 place will be quite different price wise to a multi city honeymoon.

We know the exact honeymoon we want. Not sure where I'd go about finding out what others paid tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Pistachios & cream

Sure pop it up here, if people are happy to share they will. No harm no foul.

Even if you got an indicative price it could help with budget. Less than 3k, 3-5k etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Loughc wrote: »
    Have you used them yourself? Did you find them any good/competitive pricing?

Your going to struggle to get good pricing with any of those guys compared to booking by yourself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

By far the best is http://www.tropicalsky.ie/

My contact a girl called Romy... ive booked around 8 times with them now.

Trick is get the exact itinerary you want... get matching quotes, take teh cheapest one and go back to Romy and they will price match.

NEVER go by one quote you need at least 3 of the exact holiday

Bored_lad wrote: »
    I'd say you'd struggle to get quote for prices next June as most hotels won't have released their pricing and same with airlines. If you wait a few months you should have no problem getting quotes. Some travel agents might give you a ball park figure going off average costings for this year plus a few percent but I doubt it.

we always book one year in advance and have never had any issues...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

cocker5 wrote: »
    By far the best is http://www.tropicalsky.ie/

My contact a girl called Romy... ive booked around 8 times with them now.

Trick is get the exact itinerary you want... get matching quotes, take teh cheapest one and go back to Romy and they will price match.

NEVER go by one quote you need at least 3 of the exact holiday

Good Advice, thanks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

I've never once had a good experience trying to only get a quote from Tropical Sky, I would bot trust them to book my holiday and my advice would be to stay away.

Bored_lad wrote: »
    I've never once had a good experience trying to only get a quote from Tropical Sky, I would bot trust them to book my holiday and my advice would be to stay away.

Well I'm headibg away next Friday for 2.5 weeks on my 7th holiday with them .. Cuba also booked for xnas I've never had any issues ..

You mentioned a quote so you've never actually booked a holiday with them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement