Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 6 & iOS 8 - Delay answering calls

• 06-07-2015 12:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭

Is it just me or do others find a delay when 'sliding to answer'? Some might see it as a petty issue but it annoys the hell out of me.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Yeah I have it on my iPhone 5. My old 4s as well. I think it’s the noise-cancelling. Whatever it is I’m well used to waiting 1-2 seconds before saying hello.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Yeah, so annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Only an issue when the phone is locked, which is pretty much 99.9% of the time when you receive an incoming call !

If you are fortunate enough to have it unlocked when a call is coming in, its a tap to answer, and no delay :mad:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

dodzy wrote: »
    Is it just me or do others find a delay when 'sliding to answer'? Some might see it as a petty issue but it annoys the hell out of me.

It's been like this on all previous models for me too. Not so much a problem, just the way it works. I'm sick to death telling my ma to wait a second, all I get is the "LOOOOOOO" when I call her.

Yep, it happens with my iP6 and iOS8, didn't have it with previous iPhones. I've now become accustomed for the extra second or two before I start speaking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Same on my 5s..

Advertisement