Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using student debit card abroad

Options
  • 06-07-2015 12:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭

Hi, 

I'm going to be using my BOI student account debit card in London and Norway from next Wednesday or Thursday and I'm wondering how do I notify bank of Ireland about this? 

Will I be able to use my debit cards in shops that accept visa?

Many thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Hi, 

I'm going to be using my BOI student account debit card in London and Norway from next Wednesday or Thursday and I'm wondering how do I notify bank of Ireland about this? 

Will I be able to use my debit cards in shops that accept visa?

Many thanks,
    Hi onethreefive,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.

If you are registered for Banking 365 online, you can submit your travel details by selecting 'Online Service Desk' and 'Ask a Question'. Alternatively, you can call BOI Direct on 0818 365 365 and a representative will be happy to add a travel notification to your account.

Visa Debit cards are accepted worldwide where the Visa logo is displayed. You can find a list of charges associated with using your debit card abroad here.

If you require any assistance while abroad, BOI Direct can be contacted on 00353 1 4044000.

Have a safe trip and if there's anything else we can help you with, please let us know. 

Thanks,
    Sharon

Advertisement