Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can i install one game on two pcs and play online?

• 06-07-2015 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi,
    I purchased game - Rainbow six vegas 2.
    I already installed it on my PC but im wondering can i install it on the second computer at home, create a second uplay account
    so i can play online with my friend at home?
    So two accounts, one copy of game installed on two different computers.
    I presume that the game activation CD key code would be working on two PC`S?
    Can i play online multiplayer on the same server with my friend if i would do this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

If there's no sharing policy in the DRM, then no, it will restrict you to one system at a time. I stopped using my Uplay account so I don't know what they allow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Pretty sure you cant have two copies of the same key/game running at once. It will knock one offline to allow the other, or in the worst case, not allow either and potentially ban the key.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Tomaspol

Thanks for help.
    So i would just need to buy another copy of that game in order to play online with my friend at home.
    Thats a shame.

pretty sure yeah, though your best bet would be to ask on the official game forums if they have one (i presume they do) if you can do what you were planning on doing. The worst thing they can do is say no

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Tomaspol

Great thanks.
    I emailed Ubisoft Game support in regard to this query.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Tomaspol wrote: »
    Great thanks.
    I emailed Ubisoft Game support in regard to this query.

Expect a response in 4-6 weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,307 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Tomaspol wrote: »
    Thanks for help.
    So i would just need to buy another copy of that game in order to play online with my friend at home.
    Thats a shame.

If you were playing on console this is how it would work dunno why you would expect it to be any different on PC

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

VinLieger wrote: »
    If you were playing on console this is how it would work dunno why you would expect it to be any different on PC

You can play your digital games on more than one console these days.

OSI wrote: »
    To be fair, any game with LAN support I've owned has allowed you to plan on the same network with the same key together.

He's said he wants to play it online though, different ballpark there altogether

Mickeroo wrote: »

Yeah lots of people who are in close proximity to another PS4/XBO owner are teaming up to go half on purchases of digital games because they can both play them. Seems a good way to 50% discount everything you buy if you already own a current generation console. I'll stick with getting PC discounts and steam family sharing, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Not on two consoles online at the same time though. Same as PC

Which was the question

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

EoinHef wrote: »
    Not on two consoles online at the same time though. Same as PC

Which was the question

No, you can play a game online at the same time on two consoles while only owning only one digital copy. You need to make two gamertags though. I thought steam family sharing allowed this too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Nope, you can't let your friends play the same game at the same time. Steam family sharing is actually even more restrictive than that as you have to "loan" your whole library of games to the other user so you can't even play other Steam games when the borrower is playing from your library. If you attempt to play a game from your library while it is loaned out then the borrower gets a message saying that they will be logged out in a few minutes.

Yep that's pretty much how it works. I have access to over 300 games i never bought because of sharing with 3 people I trust. Luckily they also never play anything so I've seldom been not allowed to access the games and still have my own to fall back on which is still more than I'll ever be able to play.

I somehow doubt a typical ps4 or xbo user has dozens and dozens of games total let alone digital ones. Physical discs are still popular with em'. Besides with some of the competing digital sales you could buy two copies of a game for you and a friend and still save more than 50% of the console price especially if it's a multi player game with packs for more than one key.

No, you can play a game online at the same time on two consoles while only owning only one digital copy. You need to make two gamertags though. I thought steam family sharing allowed this too?

I did not know that. I bought sniper elite 3 a few weeks ago digitally and was telling a friend to grab it. How would i be able to get it on his console and have a game with him to see if he liked it? On PS4 by the way.

Man that could save a LOT of money for me and a few friends

EoinHef wrote: »
    I did not know that. I bought sniper elite 3 a few weeks ago digitally and was telling a friend to grab it. How would i be able to get it on his console and have a game with him to see if he liked it? On PS4 by the way.

Man that could save a LOT of money for me and a few friends

I don't want to drag the the thread off topic, I know how to do it on XB but I imagine the process on ps4 is much the same if it exists. Just Google game sharing and there's bound to be a tutorial.:)

I don't want to drag the the thread off topic, I know how to do it on XB but I imagine the process on ps4 is much the same if it exists. Just Google game sharing and there's bound to be a tutorial.:)

Im not sure id class it off topic in a game sharing thread but fair enough. But yeah i googled it there and seems easy enough,now just have to decide which friend i trust enough to give my login details too:) Cheers

Advertisement