Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android Box purchase

• 06-07-2015 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭

I am looking for an android box..Looking on ebay,and the euro against the dollar,they seem a good deal...Is there any downside to buying from ebay...I know little of tech stuff,and would welcome any advice,,,Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Check feedback, check where they are coming from. If you get one from outside the EU there is a good chance you could have to pay VAT + potentially an import duty and handling fee. Not worth your while in many instances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭TheManFromTipp

Thank you...You are probably right,and it would be best to get one where I wouldn't have too much hassle if I had a problem with the box...After reading a little about them,it seems the movies can freeze a lot...I suppose it depends on the box,and the internet speed...Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Thank you...You are probably right,and it would be best to get one where I wouldn't have too much hassle if I had a problem with the box...After reading a little about them,it seems the movies can freeze a lot...I suppose it depends on the box,and the internet speed...Thanks

As much as box or internet speed it depends on where you get it from. A lot of Android boxes are used to stream illegal streams via XBMC / Kodi which we can't talk about here. But with your own media or streaming from somewhere like Netflix or YouTube it should be fine (depending on model of course)

Where do the boxes you buy in Ireland come from..probably USA/China..so if ya can get one cheaper online,,you should.

Advertisement