Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car parked outside my house (4 wheels on footpath) for 10 days!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Pride Before Ignorance

Kajemo wrote: »
    eh maybe you should relax there, I never once mentioned calling the Gardai to report them I simply asked for some advice.
    I have plenty of community spirit and co-operation, but this goes both ways. If said neighbour had a bit of co-operation and community spirit they might have to thought to pass me the compliment and mention it to me.

No it is not my biggest worry in life and believe me I am a very very happy person.
    I came on to look for a bit of advice, that is all.

Sorry Kaji, my post should have been more pointed. It was not intended as an attack on you. Some other posters suggestions such as "call the Gardaí" are a bit OTT in my view and that's what I was referring to. If you did what they advised you would be creating an inflammatory environment unnecessarily.

All the best,
    Pride

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

Sorry Kaji, my post should have been more pointed. It was not intended as an attack on you. Some other posters suggestions such as "call the Gardaí" are a bit OTT in my view and that's what I was referring to. If you did what they advised you would be creating an inflammatory environment unnecessarily.

All the best,
    Pride

Hey pride,
    no problems not a bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

It's illegal for a car to be parked on the path. Maybe call the Guards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

All the best,
    Pride

Those other posters have repeatedly pointed out that the Gardai are responsible for enforcing traffic law. A vehicle parked with wheels on the pavement is breaking the law. Simple as.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mbshrekito

What's the name of the road and is it close to the airport? Could move this thread to bargain alerts if it's close enough;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Some years back there was a car parked on the footpath outside my folks house smack bang in the middle of it, with a "For Sale" and phone number on it, on a main road, the folks got sick of people coming in to the house asking to see it, when they said it had nothing to do with them the "customer" would ask why was it outside their house (as the dog was going ballistic trying to get at them, now they know why)

Anyway, folks rang the Gardaí, they came down and looked, and said.......Nothing they could do as it wasn't blocking their driveway, but did ring the number and advised the person that the car wasn't taxed in a public place.

I did laugh because I got a ticket the week previous for having 2 wheels on a footpath, that one was slap in the middle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

athtrasna wrote: »
    the Gardai will fine you for one wheel on a path not to mind four!

They could clear the national debt if they spent one day issuing fines around Ireland :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

Obelisk29 wrote: »
    One of my near neighbours regularly parks her 151 car with all 4 wheels on the footpath completely blocking it.

There are loads of young kids in the area going up and down on scooters / bikes and one of these days one of them is going to inevitably leave a long scrape mark whilst trying to squeeze past.

Not only is it illegal but it is also very inconsiderate.

Why should anyone be forced on to the road just because someone can't be bothered to park properly.

Report them.

FYP

Advertisement