Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2015-16 Premier League Injuries & Suspensions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

FHFC wrote: »
    Sanchez a doubt for Chile v Brazil. Hasn't trained since joining up with the squad.

http://in.mobile.reuters.com/article/idINKCN0S129320151007?irpc=932

Woohoo!

(guess who I don't have)

It seems Diouf's mother was one of the victims in the Hajj disaster recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

@FFScout: Reports suggest Ivanovic was subbed off with a hamstring problem for Serbia this evening https://t.co/Zpk9ecIsGi

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Lemlin wrote: »
    @FFScout: Reports suggest Ivanovic was subbed off with a hamstring problem for Serbia this evening https://t.co/Zpk9ecIsGi

Best thing that's happened to Chelsea :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Man down!!!!!!!

Aguero hammy gone last night, early reports say 3 weeks to a month....

The casuals strike back with a devastating blow!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

dahat wrote: »
    Man down!!!!!!!

The casuals strike back with a devastating blow!!!!!!

Just got the news by text off a City fan. **** it.

At least it didnt happen in his last game...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Quick everybody - To the Sanchez mobile!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

At least it didnt happen in his last game...

Yeah at least we got one monster score from him before he broke down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

aaaaaggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Of all the players in the game. Why does it have to be aguero.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Damn and double damn. Anyone have site of any articles about expected time out yet ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Colking wrote: »
    Damn and double damn. Anyone have site of any articles about expected time out yet ?

It would just be speculation if they did. Right now all we know is he is out of the next international nothing more. I'm sure when stuff does come out it will be posted here.

Of all the players in the game. Why does it have to be aguero.

It was only a matter of time really. Hopefully its not one of those two/three weekers where its impossible to know whether to keep or sell.

Occupational hazard of having Aguero in your team. You'd have to think it will probably be 3 GW's. Prices of other players are going to fluctuate like mad.

I'm going straight to the batcave to add Bony to the price watchlist ;)

• Advertisement

Assuming he's out for a while, Aguero to somebody cheaper, Wanyama to Sanchez or KDB. Play AllOutAttack!

Carpe diem!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

jimmii wrote: »
    It was only a matter of time really.
    Occupational hazard of having Aguero in your team.

In fairness. Up till this week Aguero hasn't had a muscular injury since June 2014.

Manuel Pellegrini is the biggest jinx in jinxland though. This is what he said just last weekend.

Pellegrini said: “Last season Kun finished the season without any problems and I said at the beginning of this season he is doing a lot of different things, so I am not worried about his injuries. At least he will not have muscle injuries."

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Typically already made my transfer because I didn't want to miss out on KDB.

May to Aguero to Pelle for a hit if he's confirmed out for a while.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

In fairness. Up till this week Aguero hasn't had a muscular injury since June 2014.

Manuel Pellegrini is the biggest jinx in jinxland though. This is what he said just last weekend.

Pellegrini said: “Last season Kun finished the season without any problems and I said at the beginning of this season he is doing a lot of different things, so I am not worried about his injuries. At least he will not have muscle injuries."

Damn your oily hide Jinxy McJinxerson (aka Pellegrini)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

He was out last Christmas (Dec 2014) http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/sergio-aguero-why-i-wept-after-everton-injury-10068041.html
    EDIT: Realize you said muscular, but ligament and muscular are one and the same really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

This is a real kick in the balls.

If history is any past indication of Aguero's injury :

From To Days Description
    06-Dec-14 09-Jan-15 34     Knee Injury
    26-Jun-14 03-Jul-14 7     Hamstring tear on left leg
    12-Mar-14 05-Apr-14 24     Muscle injury
    29-Jan-14 01-Mar-14 31     Hamstring injury
    14-Dec-13 14-Jan-14 31     Calf injury
    17-Apr-13 21-Apr-13 4     Hamstring injury
    25-Feb-13 30-Mar-13 33     Knee injury
    05-Jan-13 19-Jan-13 14     Torn hamstring

Average for him so far has been 14 Days.

Having said that

Grade 1 Hamstring - Able to walk normally = 1-3 weeks recovery time
    Grade 2 Hamstring - Limping = 4-8 weeks recovery time

He was carried out on a stretcher that could mean Grade 2, time will tell. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I actually don't know what I'm gonna do with the extra money now....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

If history is any past indication of Aguero's injury :

From To Days Description
    06-Dec-14 09-Jan-15 34     Knee Injury
    26-Jun-14 03-Jul-14 7     Hamstring tear on left leg
    12-Mar-14 05-Apr-14 24     Muscle injury
    29-Jan-14 01-Mar-14 31     Hamstring injury
    14-Dec-13 14-Jan-14 31     Calf injury
    17-Apr-13 21-Apr-13 4     Hamstring injury
    25-Feb-13 30-Mar-13 33     Knee injury
    05-Jan-13 19-Jan-13 14     Torn hamstring

Average for him so far has been 14 Days.

Having said that

Grade 1 Hamstring - Able to walk normally = 1-3 weeks recovery time
    Grade 2 Hamstring - Limping = 4-8 weeks recovery time

He was carried out on a stretcher that could mean Grade 2, time will tell. :(

Wouldn't worry about the stretcher. Sometimes they do that to lessen any further walking on it as a pre-caution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

This was my reaction on hearing about Aguero's injury

the-office-14.gif

I'm torturing myself by checking his Twitter page every few minutes to see if he has posted an update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Dónal wrote: »
    I'm torturing myself by checking his Twitter page every few minutes to see if he has posted an update.
    Well if he's in South America then chances are he's still tucked up in bed...

aguero to pelle
    mahrez/ yaya to KDB ....

any word on yaya ?

AdMMM wrote: »
    Well if he's in South America then chances are he's still tucked up in bed...

Aguero sleeps?!

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    aguero to pelle
    mahrez/ yaya to KDB ....

I can do the same, with Mahrez going to Hazard instead, and Pelle possibly becoming Bony if Aguero is out for a spell. I don't know about getting rid of Mahrez though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Pink Lemons

It felt good having Sanchez, KDB & Aguero in my team knowing not everyone could get them in. Didn't even get one game with the dream team :o

Dónal wrote: »
    Aguero sleeps?!

Aguero doesn't sleep he merely goes to bed so that people believe he is like the rest of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Good news with that international week as it means it's 2-3 weeks for us with the extra week break from Premier League games.

I won't bother selling him for that sort of period.

1) I've already taken a hit this week and I'm not taking a -8 as I don't really fancy anyone else enough. 2) He's likely to only miss 2 games if that diagnosis proves to be accurate. 3) it'll be 2 moves to get him back in.

Paully D wrote: »
    Good news with that international week as it means it's 2-3 weeks for us with the extra week break from Premier League games.

1) I've already taken a hit this week and I'm not taking a -8 as I don't really fancy anyone else enough. 2) He's likely to only miss 2 games if that diagnosis proves to be accurate. 3) it'll be 2 moves to get him back in.

I think you've got to trust yourself to find the point sources in the meantime to make doing it worthwhile.

I kept him for too long when injured last year
    I won't be making the same mistake this year of the prognosis is for more than 2 games

If he's out two matches, I'll hold since I have a strong front 8. If it's more, I'll bring in either Bony or Pelle

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

My frontline is Aguero, Pelle, Berahino.
    I brought in Berahino last week which looks like a mistake, but he has a couple of lovely fixtures coming up. So the plan would be Aguero to Ighalo/Vardy/Martial this GW and then Berahino to Aguero when appropriate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

"Torn" does not sound good, "strained" would be much more up my street.

"Torn" does not sound good, "strained" would be much more up my street.

How many weeks is torn? To be honest, for me if he is out for 2 weeks he may aswell be out 5, I'll be taking him out and looking for differentials everywhere. My expectation is to beat the sort of player who wouldn't have had him anyway, so it's about finding the players to beat the guys who'll be as equally affected as me.

If you're a player competing at the top, Aguero is much more of a blocker than a differential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

For one GW I really enjoyed being part of the reported 1% of players that had Sanchez, KdB, and Aguero. At least it was a glorious one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Liam2012

CSF wrote: »
    How many weeks is torn? To be honest, for me if he is out for 2 weeks he may aswell be out 5, I'll be taking him out and looking for differentials everywhere. My expectation is to beat the sort of player who wouldn't have had him anyway, so it's about finding the players to beat the guys who'll be as equally affected as me.

If you're a player competing at the top, Aguero is much more of a blocker than a differential.

What are the options?
    Sturridge? Maybe too early to tell but definite differential with proven record.
    Costa? Headcase. And Chelsea form.
    Bony? Could be a natural move for Aguero owners.
    Pelle? Looks on form. Will be highly owned. Good fixtures
    Vardy? Again, already in a lot of teams here
    Martial? Bad fixtures but looks good
    Lukaku? From GW11 the fixtures get easier which is usually when he disappoints.
    Anyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I don't know if I'd fancy Bony as an Aguero replacement. Can see MP starting Sterling up front in a few games and it's a guessing game as to whether it'll be in the CL or PL. Think I'd rather double up on City's midfield instead. Yaya would be an interesting option again with penalties.

Liam2012 wrote: »
    What are the options?
    Sturridge? Maybe too early to tell but definite differential with proven record.
    Anyone else?

Yeah those are the options. None of them as good as Aguero obviously, but I still fancy myself to use them and the money I save better than weaker players. I'd still maintain Aguero is a blocker rather than a differential.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

What are the options?
    Anyone else?

Hazard? Mata? Silva? Indirectly of course, but the Aguero surplus could be also used to fund a luxurious midfield along the lines of:
    KDB - Sanchez - Hazard - Mata - Payet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Torn hammy is 4 weeks I reckon, likely just remove him for a forward but not spend any of the extra allowing me to be on a one move situation to get h back.

Torn hammy is 4 weeks I reckon, likely just remove him for a forward but not spend any of the extra allowing me to be on a one move situation to get h back.

Costa is the one for you then

What are the options?
    Anyone else?

I think you've covered the likely suspects there. Bony could be a good choice but I 'd have worries about his rotation with Iheanacho.

Sturridge could be good but will Klopp play him as a right winger ? That would be my biggest fear in putting him in (providing Benteke is fit)

Costa could be interesting. Mourinho has always said that you cannot take the agreesion out of his game without taking the game out of the player but I reckon he had some choice words with him and he'll be towing the line for a little while anyway.

Martial? From 11 onwards same with Lukaku. Although both of them are the lone spearpoint for their respective sides right now.

I have Pelle and Vardy already. It's a very tough one alright. I will be shipping Kun out though as I don't have a strong 8 and need a points earner rather than a Bench Warmer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

What are the options?
    Anyone else?

Costa for this gw, Sturridge for the following one, then Kun back hopefully the gw after H to Norwich!

• Advertisement
Advertisement