Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2015-16 Premier League Injuries & Suspensions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

FHFC wrote: »
    I'm kinda looking at the "not having KDB" differential! :D

Probably the best way to go at this point. Be all hipster n get Yaya whole the masses swap David Glass for KDB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Krul off with a knee injury. Not sure how serious yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Benimar wrote: »

for some reason I went with Elliot as my sub keeper on wildcard :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

The whole fsa forum go to check elliotts value hoping he is 4.0.

The whole fsa forum go to check elliotts value hoping he is 4.0.

he is ;)
    and very low ownership as I'm pretty sure that's the reason I choose him
    along with the fact krul picks up a fair few injuries !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Don't want to destroy your enthusiasm but Newcastle are still crap at the back aren't they?

iroced wrote: »
    Don't want to destroy your enthusiasm but Newcastle are still crap at the back aren't they?

yes they sure are
    but it would be a nice bonus to have a playing backup keeper all the same
    begovic isn't exactly setting the world on fire for me as it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,193 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

SkySportsNewsHQ BREAKING: Newcastle goalkeeper Tim Krul ruled out for rest of season with cruciate knee injury. #SSNHQ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Kolarov went off injured too (he actually got sent off for the tackle that injured himself, but looks like he'd have been going off anyway).

What a bizzare International break

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Kolarov went off injured too (he actually got sent off for the tackle that injured himself, but looks like he'd have been going off anyway).

If KDB survives the week it will be a miracle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

jimmii wrote: »
    If KDB survives the week it will be a miracle.

He feckin better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭skippy15

Shedite27 wrote: »

Coming up as yellow flagged hamstring injury-
    My defence is currently-
    Kolorav Yellow
    Evans Yellow
    Naughton Yellow
    Olsson Orange
    Saylor Red

With aguero still top of my pile- think I need a physio chip

skippy15 wrote: »
    My defence is currently-
    Kolorav Yellow
    Evans Yellow
    Naughton Yellow
    Olsson Orange
    Saylor Red

I wish I could play both my goalies now (Begovic Elliot ) given the state of my defence this weekend !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

SkySportsNewsHQ BREAKING: Newcastle goalkeeper Tim Krul ruled out for rest of season with cruciate knee injury. #SSNHQ

Elliot and Darlow is a cheap pair even though it's Newcastle.
    The comfort of a certainty/decision made because you have a WC.........

My defence is currently-
    Kolorav Yellow
    Evans Yellow
    Naughton Yellow
    Olsson Orange
    Saylor Red

You've resisted a -4 of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

My defence is currently-
    Kolorav Yellow
    Evans Yellow

I'm in the same boat only I've already taken a hit. I've had some awful luck with injuries and red cards this season. I think a -8 is inevitable at this point. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

-8 this week could be a level start the way things are going.

I REALLY need yaya to be fit

Evening Comrades

A quick update on the Kolarov situation

The injury occurred as Kolarov decelerates after chasing back. The deceleration wasn't maximal and Kolarov stays on his feet throughout.

Positively, he jogs from the pitch, his legs looking heavy and fatigued, but moving quite freely and with a balanced gait. A few minutes later we are able to witness Kolarov jogging alongside the pitch with an ice pack attached to the central aspect of the hamstrings moving fluidly and with more confidence.

On balance, the injury appears to be towards the central aspect of the muscle belly, where there is good blood flow and very minor in nature. It may even have been a touch of cramp. With almost a week until City host the Cherries I would suggest that Kolarov has every chance of being available for the weekend. The only caveat I would add concerns the amount of minutes the Serbian has accrued so far this season, already perhaps due a rest, this latest niggle only compounds this further and with Clichy nearing full fitness, rotation could well be on the cards for the weekend regardless.

Thought I would post this here for those who don't frequent FFS. Facer is a Physio or something along those lines so knows his stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

jimmii wrote: »
    Thought I would post this here for those who don't frequent FFS. Facer is a Physio or something along those lines so knows his stuff.

I thought Clichy was still a couple of weeks away?

• Advertisement

8-10 wrote: »
    I thought Clichy was still a couple of weeks away?

He does say nearing full fitness so could depend on who is fitter a slightly injured Kol or returning from injury Clichy! Presumably neither are fully fit. Clichy was originally ruled out for 6-7 weeks and that was 6 1/2 weeks ago now so he probably isn't far off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I would imagine most have dumped him at this stage but...

Reports suggest Ivanovic is expected to be out for around three weeks with hamstring injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Ben Dinnery ‏@BenDinnery 11m11 minutes ago
    #WBA have a number of injury concerns "Evans and Morrison are still being assessed. We will see how they are but both are doubts" said Pulis

I'll be playing AOA if Kolarov and Evans are both out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭maximo31

Joe Gomez limps off during England U21 match.

Arsène Wenger has revealed the latest team news ahead of Saturday's game against Watford:
    on Laurent Koscielny...
    Koscielny has a slight chance to be back on Saturday. He has a definite test tomorrow
    on Arteta and Flamini...
    Arteta and Flamini are back in full training. We need to see how they are and how confident they are, but we can’t rule it out.
    on other team news...
    From the internationals we only have positive news. We are still waiting for Campbell, Alexis and Ospina to return, but they all texted back to say they are OK, so we just have to see if they were objective in their assessment.

Read more at http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20151014/team-news-koscielny-arteta-and-flamini#RVpwhf1IKTSwuxUw.99

I can't make any move till I hear about yaya ?

Joe Gomez likely out for season. Damaged ACL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Any news on kolarov?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Joe Gomez likely out for season. Damaged ACL.

He was good while he lasted. Great few weeks with him in my team, and gained resale value on him. Awful to see a young player getting an injury like that. Hopefully he will recover quickly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/10029030/alexis-sanchez-a-doubt-for-arsenal-confirms-arsene-wenger

Wenger fears Sanchez may not be fit to face Watford according to Sky.... I love the smell of Napalm in the morning.....

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/10029030/alexis-sanchez-a-doubt-for-arsenal-confirms-arsene-wenger

Wenger fears Sanchez may not be fit to face Watford according to Sky.... I love the smell of Napalm in the morning.....

Jesus CHRIST almighty

Wenger on Sanchez: “Let’s see how he comes back. We have to see if we have to protect him in our next game or not”. http://t.co/yOgXp9e6oa

Was kinda expecting this tbh.

This strong front 8 lark is a great idea as i always say!! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Can't see Sanchez not playing

The average points hits this week could be higher than the GW1 average score :eek::D

• Advertisement

some lads are going to get an awful land when they check their teams tomorrow or Saturday morning :D

CSF wrote: »
    Can't see Sanchez not playing

This. I'll try and dig up the stats from last season post international breaks, but Wenger also said: "Not at all. For me the most important game is Watford because the Premier League is the most important competition, with the Champions League. I would say the Premier League is the most important competition for us."

Wenger on Sanchez: “Let’s see how he comes back. We have to see if we have to protect him in our next game or not”. http://t.co/yOgXp9e6oa

Was kinda expecting this tbh.

This strong front 8 lark is a great idea as i always say!! ;)
    I know you half joke. However I think with all the champions league games and Europe league games and international football from Sept to Dec. I think the benefits of a strong front 8 need to be considered and it's a route I could well go down for that stage of the season from now on.

This. I'll try and dig up the stats from last season post international breaks, but Wenger also said: "Not at all. For me the most important game is Watford because the Premier League is the most important competition, with the Champions League. I would say the Premier League is the most important competition for us."

November 2014: Sanchez plays in Chile on Tuesday evening local time, starts and plays full 90' against ManU in late Saturday kickoff

October 2014: Sanchez plays in Chile on Tuesday evening, starts, scores+assists, and plays full 90' against Hull in Saturday kickoff

September 2014: Sanchez plays in Florida on Tuesday evening, starts, scores, and plays full 90' against Man City in early Saturday kickoff

November 2014: Sanchez plays in Chile on Tuesday evening local time, starts and plays full 90' against ManU in late Saturday kickoff

October 2014: Sanchez plays in Chile on Tuesday evening, starts, scores+assists, and plays full 90' against Hull in Saturday kickoff

September 2014: Sanchez plays in Florida on Tuesday evening, starts, scores, and plays full 90' against Man City in early Saturday kickoff

He wasn't carrying a hip abductor injury going into those games. I'd suspect he'll play but its a bit more iffy this time imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Wenger can't be trusted. Never. Ever.

When I was a younger poster on this forum, I got frightened by such a call from Wenger about Robin Van Persie. Situation was similar. RVP was playing every game, was supposed to be tired and to carry a slight injury annoyance blah blah blah Wenger over-dramatic talks. He was my planned captain. I was desperate for news and made it a huge thing in my post like WENGER SAID RVP MIGHT BE RESTED? IS IT SERIOUS?! (just increase the font size) but was basically only asking the informed brains of the forum. I got convinced by many posters Wenger was talking out of his a*se, as usual and RVP should start. He had his best ever FF game (something like 3 goals & 2 assists). What I did not realise is my dramatic post had influenced some people who did not have enough time to follow the subsequent debate to move their captaincy away from him or even worse to bench him.

I got some more or less serious abuse (some did tell me to never ever give any advice in here :rolleyes: :pac:) but I, at least, learned a lesson: some managers, under no circumstances, cannot be trusted at all. And Wenger is one of them. So unless he gives us Arsenal official starting team for this week-end or shows some evidence of injury/intense fatigue regarding Sanchez, I consider everything he says complete bullsh*te.

As we say in french "un homme averti en vaut deux" (Forewarned is forearmed ?) ;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Ignore Wenger. As usual.

Him and Mourinho are the same when it comes to players who 'might be fit'. Full of shít.

85% chance at least that Sanchez starts IMO.

Id be very surprised if sanchez doesnt play he is much like suarez a machine. If he doesnt make it not to worry Theo has it covered :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

This is proving to be one of the most destructive international breaks of all time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭skippy15

Ff who cares....as a pool fan wtf some start for klopp

Diouf's compassionate leave extended and will miss game away to Swansea on Monday......Sky News.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

iroced wrote: »
    Wenger can't be trusted. Never. Ever.

When I was a younger poster on this forum, I got frightened by such a call from Wenger about Robin Van Persie. Situation was similar. RVP was playing every game, was supposed to be tired and to carry a slight injury annoyance blah blah blah Wenger over-dramatic talks. He was my planned captain. I was desperate for news and made it a huge thing in my post like WENGER SAID RVP MIGHT BE RESTED? IS IT SERIOUS?! (just increase the font size) but was basically only asking the informed brains of the forum. I got convinced by many posters Wenger was talking out of his a*se, as usual and RVP should start. He had his best ever FF game (something like 3 goals & 2 assists). What I did not realise is my dramatic post had influenced some people who did not have enough time to follow the subsequent debate to move their captaincy away from him or even worse to bench him.

I got some more or less serious abuse (some did tell me to never ever give any advice in here :rolleyes: :pac:) but I, at least, learned a lesson: some managers, under no circumstances, cannot be trusted at all. And Wenger is one of them. So unless he gives us Arsenal official starting team for this week-end or shows some evidence of injury/intense fatigue regarding Sanchez, I consider everything he says complete bullsh*te.

As we say in french "un homme averti en vaut deux" (Forewarned is forearmed ?) ;).

As a Blackburn supporter (and RVP captainer that day!), I remember this game well:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/16779019

• Advertisement
Advertisement