Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2015-16 Premier League Injuries & Suspensions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Kyle Naughton comes back into contention for #Swans after he missed the draw v Tottenham following the birth of his daughter

@BenDinnery

Phew. Hopefully he'll celebrate Russell Martin style! :)

If Kolarov cleared to play I'll be very happy with my team, but really needed either him or Naughton to make it.

http://mobile.swanseacity.net//news/article/kyle-naughtons-back-in-contention-for-swansea-city-2744660.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

with yaya hopefully fit I now have a decision to make
    sell aguero for pelle and leave it that transfer wise and play ighalo benching mahrez
    or
    as above but sell mahrez for hazard and a 4 of hit benching ighalo..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

km79 wrote: »
    with yaya hopefully fit I now have a decision to make
    sell aguero for pelle and leave it that transfer wise and play ighalo benching mahrez
    or
    as above but sell mahrez for hazard and a 4 of hit benching ighalo..........

I know Mahrez was benched the last game but can't see logic in transferring him yet, his returns so far are prolific.

Invincible wrote: »
    I know Mahrez was benched the last game but can't see logic in transferring him yet, his returns so far are prolific.

Yeah I've decided against it anyway
    But i may end up benching him this week yet

km79 wrote: »
    Yeah I've decided against it anyway
    But i may end up benching him this week yet

I flirted with selling him but concluded, with some good advice on here, that it's too early / risky. But I'm benching him this week.

FHFC wrote: »
    I flirted with selling him but concluded, with some good advice on here, that it's too early / risky. But I'm benching him this week.
    same

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Manchester City FC ‏@MCFC 15s16 seconds ago
    PELLEGRINI: "We’ll see how they [Aleks and David] improve in the next week – I hope both of them can be back in 15 days." #cityvafcb
    View conversation 0 retweets 2 favorites
    Reply Retweet Favorite 2
    More
    Manchester City FC ‏@MCFC 47s48 seconds ago
    PELLEGRINI: “@aguerosergiokun has a muscle injury – it’s an important injury so I don’t think he will be back before one month." #cityvafcb

Manchester City FC ‏@MCFC 2m2 minutes ago
    PELLEGRINI: "@yayatoure & @SamNasri19 are both recovered. For Delph, maybe one week more and he will be working with the squad.” #cityvafcb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Kolarov def out then. What a 'mare of an international break

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

What's this "15 days" stuff? They're out next week too??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Hmmm, i was almost definitely doing Yaya - > KDB but now I'm reconsidering..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Uuggh I was banking on Kolarov being fit.
    AOA with Ighalo or play Darmian?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

spock. wrote: »

Looks like it could be the week to roll it out alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

:mad:

If Nyom isn't fit then I'm fielding 10 this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Ugh Kolorav, this is going to be a monumental head fck later on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

I wonder does that mean Sagna will get his place back, not sure Clichy is fit either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

oh dear, wrong thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Rumour that Sturridge is injured (naturally) and Origi will start up front

Rumour mind but wanted to give the heads up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Haven't seen this posted elsewhere. Sanchez passed fit (and Koscielny):

https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/655068453653643265

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

8-10 wrote: »
    Rumour that Sturridge is injured (naturally) and Origi will start up front

Rumour mind but wanted to give the heads up

One good thing about Liverpool squad is that all the rumours appear to be true.

Origi starts, Sturridge not in squad.

Ben Dinnery ‏@BenDinnery 11m11 minutes ago
    Stekelenburg picked up a back injury in training yesterday, hence, his absence. Kelvin Davis starts in goals #SaintsFC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

ffs wish I had seen that about Kosc earlier.

Ben Dinnery ‏@BenDinnery 11m11 minutes ago
    Stekelenburg picked up a back injury in training yesterday, hence, his absence. Kelvin Davis starts in goals #SaintsFC

Glad i didn't go for Bertie now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

spock. wrote:

Went with Darmian in the end which saved me 4 points and a chip.
    Probably the wrong thread for it but that all out attack chip is going to be tough to gain points from.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Does anybody know when Benteke is due back? with no Ings or Sturridge pool will be light up front

lougal88 wrote: »
    Does anybody know when Benteke is due back? with no Ings or Sturridge pool will be light up front

Sturridge was only a knock. Should be back next week afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

It was a minor knee injury wasn't it? Whenever I hear knee I always sit up and take notice because often they end up being anything but minor...

I think Sturridge is a hypochondriac tbh. He never plays through any slight niggles.

Benteke due to drop tonight. 8.2 is looking very tempting if hes back next week

I think Sturridge is a hypochondriac tbh. He never plays through any slight niggles.

Benteke due to drop tonight. 8.2 is looking very tempting if hes back next week

There are few more tempting players like Bony or Vardy (if you don't have him already)

wonski wrote: »
    There are few more tempting players like Bony or Vardy (if you don't have him already)

Yeah have Vardy and Pelle. All the Bony love here us making me think I better get him in. Might do it now as he's due a rise tonight.

Yeah have Vardy and Pelle. All the Bony love here us making me think I better get him in. Might do it now as he's due a rise tonight.

Let me warn you - Champions League, Wednesday;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Bony will never be a season keeper unless Aguero loses a limb, he's relatively cheap too, forget the rises with him is my view.

wonski wrote: »
    Let me warn you - Champions League, Wednesday;)

I like to live dangerously :P

November 2014: Sanchez plays in Chile on Tuesday evening local time, starts and plays full 90' against ManU in late Saturday kickoff

October 2014: Sanchez plays in Chile on Tuesday evening, starts, scores+assists, and plays full 90' against Hull in Saturday kickoff

September 2014: Sanchez plays in Florida on Tuesday evening, starts, scores, and plays full 90' against Man City in early Saturday kickoff

Lump on a Sanchez goal against WBA after the Nov internationals ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Lump on a Sanchez goal against WBA after the Nov internationals ;)
    When you posted that I was very close to change my captaincy from KDB to Alexis.
    But all these talks of a tight hamstring or whatever had me wondering...

The man is the anti-Sturridge if I believe lougal :pac:. He plays until he's fooked :pac:.

Ben Dinnery ‏@BenDinnery 2m2 minutes ago
    Remy and Pedro won't be involved for #CFC in Kiev. Both players are injured "nothing serious, but not worth taking a risk." #UCL

Kolarov back in light training

pelligrini said kolarov is fit
    ah crap!
    may get him back in after united game yet along with bony

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Yep, from the BBC...
    "Manuel Pellegrini says Kolarov and Kompany are fit. 'Vincent was fit for the last game. Aleks is fit so is in the squad list. Clichy, Delph, Aguero and Silva are injured'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Personally I think the time to get move on from Kolarov has arrived now anyway.

City haven't kept a clean sheet in 4 games in a row which has included West Ham, Newcastle and Bournemouth at home. Their fixtures also take a bit of a turn shortly too, not dramatically I know but moreso plenty of games that favour their attackers more than their defenders. Then you have the fact that Clichy is back and even with Kolarov first choice he's going to steal games off him here and there.

Bank the profit and move on would be my advice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Paully D wrote: »

City haven't kept a clean sheet in 4 games in a row which has included West Ham, Newcastle and Bournemouth at home. Their fixtures also take a bit of a turn shortly too, not dramatically I know but moreso plenty of games that favour their attackers more than their defenders. Then you have the fact that Clichy is back and even with Kolarov first choice he's going to steal games off him here and there.

If they remove the Red Flag shouldn't he be protected for a bit? I'd have better ways to use my transfer this week if Kolarov is OK..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

menoscemo wrote: »
    If they remove the Red Flag shouldn't he be protected for a bit? I'd have better ways to use my transfer this week if Kolarov is OK..

Protected 'till 28th according to fplststistics.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

The fact that he's protected and the fact that Kompany is back means he'll be going nowhere fast from my team. Rotation is a slight risk but I don't mind hanging on to see what happens.

Man City with Kompany: 5 CS's in a row.
    Man City without Kompany: 4 non CS's in a row.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

PARlance wrote: »
    The fact that he's protected and the fact that Kompany is back means he'll be going nowhere fast from my team. Rotation is a slight risk but I don't mind hanging on to see what happens.

Man City with Kompany: 5 CS's in a row.
    Man City without Kompany: 4 non CS's in a row.

City tend to do this. They go in cycles where they keep clean sheets and then enter a cycle where they won't keep one for a few games.

Last year at Xmas I got Hart in at exactly the wrong time when they stopped the clean sheets. My hope is they'll go into another cycle of clean sheets soon.

Kolarov is also one of the most attacking defenders you'll see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

The big worry is cliche . The rotation btw him and kolarov was crazy 2 seasons ago. They played every second match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    The big worry is cliche . The rotation btw him and kolarov was crazy 2 seasons ago. They played every second match

Well it's a funny old game and we all know there are no easy games in the Premier league, at the end of the day they're both top top players but I wonder will they go missing on a wet Wednesday night in Stoke or will they be able to give 110%

It was an FSA cliché last year to say that Kolo was used in the easier games while Clichy was used in the more difficult ones, for now it seems as if Kolo is number 1 this year, he's a very good attacking full back and I may hold for a few weeks to see how it pans out.

• Advertisement

Well it's a funny old game and we all know there are no easy games in the Premier league, at the end of the day they're both top top players but I wonder will they go missing on a wet Wednesday night in Stoke or will they be able to give 110%

It was an FSA cliché last year to say that Kolo was used in the easier games while Clichy was used in the more difficult ones, for now it seems as if Kolo is number 1 this year, he's a very good attacking full back and I may hold for a few weeks to see how it pans out.

You must be over the moon with that gag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Ramsey out until "the end of the next international break" (end of November) per Wenger. I wonder if they might move Walcott out to that right hand side and Giroud up top? Or maybe they'll just give Ox the games.

Not great news for Bellerin admittedly. Ramsey was doing a hell of a lot of work that goes unnoticed/unrewarded which was impacting Bellerin's attacking in a positive way. Hopefully there won't be too much of a drop off.

https://twitter.com/aguerosergiokun/status/657174251758329856
    Not great news for Bellerin admittedly. Ramsey was doing a hell of a lot of work that goes unnoticed/unrewarded which was impacting Bellerin's attacking in a positive way. Hopefully there won't be too much of a drop off.

I don't think it will affect him too much. With Ramsey always drifting in, it gave Bellerin tons of room to bomb forward. But Hector is so forward thinking that Ox hugging the touchline won't stop him from overlapping.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

https://twitter.com/aguerosergiokun/status/657174251758329856

I don't think it will affect him too much. With Ramsey always drifting in, it gave Bellerin tons of room to bomb forward. But Hector is so forward thinking that Ox hugging the touchline won't stop him from overlapping.

Do you think it will be ox or Walcott on the right.

Do you think it will be ox or Walcott on the right.

Ox imo. Theo wants to play up front and Ox deserves a chance to get a run in the team. I still don't see why Wenger would change up the strikers, Theo is playing well and Giroud is getting goals off the bench.

• Advertisement
Advertisement