Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2015-16 Premier League Injuries & Suspensions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

spock. wrote: »
    “Out are Silva (ankle), Sterling has started working but hopefully he’ll be ready Tuesday, all the other players are fit.”

KDB fit and with Silva out he should start.

It didn't go this way last week. Would be shocked if he starts the 2 games. My suspicion is he will rest this weekend, start against Newcastle, and then rest the game afterwards in prep for Real Madrid, but I think that one depends on how the Champions League qualification picture is at that stage.

Newcastle is the one you'd be most eager for him to start to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Annoying with Silva, injured last weekend then back Tuesday and now injured again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Shedite27 wrote: »
    False alarm.

Thank you Fantasy Football Jesus*

Thank you Riyad*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

<Snip> Double post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

So, you weren't conflicted enough about Lukaku already? Here's Dinnery to make that headache even bigger:

https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/721274334619242496

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Hopefully Nasri being ruled out will force Pelegrini to start KDB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Phew got lucky with Nasri...bought Milner instead. Though i probably won't be saying that when he's benched tomorrow :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

siblers wrote: »
    Hopefully Nasri being ruled out will force Pelegrini to start KDB.

Sterling due back though. But it certainly may increases his minutes.

Phew got lucky with Nasri...bought Milner instead. Though i probably won't be saying that when he's benched tomorrow :o

If Milner is rested, I'm gonna flip. I lost out on Smalling due to Milner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Vardy charged with improper conduct for reaction to his sending off yesterday.
    Costa got 1 game extra ban for similar.

"chat shìt get banned"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Strangely, now that's he's banned for GW35 it actually suits me for him to get a longer ban and be forced into selling.

Vardy getting sent off was the highlight of my gw so far, if Kane could return the favour tonight, that'd be great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

siblers wrote: »
    Vardy getting sent off was the highlight of my gw so far, if Kane could return the favour tonight, that'd be great!

Feck off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

siblers wrote:

Down with that sort of thing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

GetWithIt wrote: »
    Strangely, now that's he's banned for GW35 it actually suits me for him to get a longer ban and be forced into selling.

True. However will probably be a hit for me if I get Kane in.

Everton ‏@Everton 12m12 minutes ago
    Roberto confirms both Seamus Coleman and Phil Jagielka are out of the derby. http://youtube.com/watch?v=s06WZf … #LIVvEFC
    Cleverley, Lennon and Baines to be assessed later today. "They're very close," says Roberto. #LIVvEFC

Crystal Palace F.C. ‏@CPFC 3m3 minutes ago
    AP: Yala's struggling a little, Ward will miss tomorrow's game, Dann and Ledley have knocks. They'll make Sunday, not Man United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

AP: Yala's struggling a little, Ward will miss tomorrow's game, Dann and Ledley have knocks. They'll make Sunday, not Man United.

what's wrong with Ward???

This GW was going oh so well....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Was hoping for a little more than 1 point from Dann. Well, 1 is better than zero.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Is "Yala" Bolasie??

Is "Yala" Bolasie??

Yup

Is "Yala" Bolasie??

Yeah, Palace will be decimated with injuries, Martial could potentially do some damage but the way things have gone so far, he won't even make the squad.

wonski wrote: »
    Was hoping for a little more than 1 point from Dann. Well, 1 is better than zero.

true - palace could take an unlikely hammering from united and we could end up losing points from there defenders

Ace2007 wrote: »
    true - palace could take an unlikely hammering from united and we could end up losing points from there defenders

The team that beat Villa 1-0 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

The team that beat Villa 1-0 :pac:

Palace the same team that lost 1-0 to villa :p

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Kristof Terreur [ltr]@HLNinEngeland[/ltr] 21m21 minutes ago[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Update: Origi's season is over. Decision over surgery on damaged ankle ligaments postponed till next week." #LFC[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Kristof Terreur [ltr]@HLNinEngeland[/ltr] 21m21 minutes ago[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Update: Origi's season is over. Decision over surgery on damaged ankle ligaments postponed till next week." #LFC[/font]

Poor lad... I hope Fumes Mori got his ban extended. Watched highlights of this and still can't understand how one player can do it to another player. Criminal stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Another one down for Belgium for the Euros. Their team isn't exactly firing on all cylinders...
    Origi - injured
    Benteke - off form
    Hazard - off form
    Lukaku - dry spell (relatively)
    Kompany - injured

KDB, Courtois and Alderweireld are their only players flying at present.

• Advertisement

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Manchester City FC [ltr]@MCFC[/ltr] 2m2 minutes ago[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]PELLEGRINI: @samnasri19 hasn t recovered 100 per cent. I hope for next game he ll be okay. Rest of the squad (inc. @21LVA) is fit. #mcfc[/font]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Another one down for Belgium for the Euros. Their team isn't exactly firing on all cylinders...
    Origi - injured
    Benteke - off form
    Hazard - off form
    Kompany - injured

Dembele is playing well for Spurs.

They have a few decent players playing outside the premier league too.
    Nainggolan, Carrasco and Batshuayi having decent seasons.
    Mertens scored a hat-trick the other day for Napoli too:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Origi - injured
    Benteke - off form
    Hazard - off form
    Kompany - injured

Radja Nainggolan having a good season and Vertonghen is back after injury too. I fancy them to get out of the group at the least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Dembele is playing well for Spurs.

Vertonghen is back after injury too. I fancy them to get out of the group at the least.[/quote]

Don't forget Chadli!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Origi - injured
    Benteke - off form
    Hazard - off form
    Kompany - injured

Courtois has been awful in fairness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Courtois has been awful in fairness

Surely there's another Belgian keeper that could be considered....?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Poor lad... I hope Fumes Mori got his ban extended. Watched highlights of this and still can't understand how one player can do it to another player. Criminal stuff.
    I've always thought that for such agression the player should be banned as long as it takes for his victim to come back fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

8-10 wrote: »
    Surely there's another Belgian keeper that could be considered....?

Mignolet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

iroced wrote: »
    I've always thought that for such agression the player should be banned as long as it takes for his victim to come back fit.

Are ye not being a little over the top lads?
    The guy made a bad tackle, he didn't commit a crime.
    Anyway OT:o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Are ye not being a little over the top lads?
    The guy made a bad tackle, he didn't commit a crime.
    Anyway OT:o
    Not really a "tackle" properly speaking. More like a deliberate kick in the ankle. He comes from the side with a "karate"-like movement but downwards. What was he thinking? I'd be a lot more lenient if he had slide-tackled with his left leg. But the way he went with his right one could only end in disaster for Origi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Rumours doing the rounds on the Twitterverse that Liverpools Sakho has failed a drugs test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Confirmed by the Soccer Saturday guys, suspended by the club :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Well that's my next transfer sorted I guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Could they not have told us about this before 11:45

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Could they not have told us about this before 11:45

That's true, feel sorry for anyone that brought him in this week!

Rumours doing the rounds on the Twitterverse that Liverpools Sakho has failed a drugs test
    Confirmed by the Soccer Saturday guys, suspended by the club :eek:

Bit odd that it's only coming to light now as was by a test on the 17th March that he failed - hardly takes 5 weeks for a drugs test? Imagine how Dortmund must feel now - fat burner or not - illegal is illegal for a professional footballer. Be interesting to know when exactly liverpool found out about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Bit odd that it's only coming to light now as was by a test on the 17th March that he failed - hardly takes 5 weeks for a drugs test? Imagine how Dortmund must feel now - fat burner or not - illegal is illegal for a professional footballer. Be interesting to know when exactly liverpool found out about it.

He's still not banned from playing. Liverpool and his representatives have agreed he won't play.

Lemlin wrote: »
    He's still not banned from playing. Liverpool and his representatives have agreed he won't play.

It was their own, internal test that he failed. Could be different from what Fa tests for.

Internal affair, would be different outcome if he failed official independent test.

It was their own, internal test that he failed. Could be different from what Fa tests for.

Internal affair, would be different outcome if he failed official independent test.

If it was an internal test - why would UEFA now be investigating it - surely internal medical tests cannot be shared with outside body. IF UEFA did the test that would be different.

But either way why did it take 5 weeks to come to light - where they trying to cover up but it was going to be leaked so they took action?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

If it was an internal test - why would UEFA now be investigating it - surely internal medical tests cannot be shared with outside body. IF UEFA did the test that would be different.

But either way why did it take 5 weeks to come to light - where they trying to cover up but it was going to be leaked so they took action?

It's a UEFA test and the club were notified yesterday.

Hardly a cover up if that's the case!

Benimar wrote: »
    It's a UEFA test and the club were notified yesterday.

Hardly a cover up if that's the case!

Pervious poster said it was an internal club test - not an UEFA one.

It took 5 weeks for the results to be made public - i would have thought with today's technology that results would be known quicker than 5 weeks?

• Advertisement
Advertisement