Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2015-16 Premier League Injuries & Suspensions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I think so, he'll be in all serious teams from now on, what a difference it would have made if I had went for him from day 1:(

It was a great call and fair play to Busts et al. Wasn't the easiest decision though with City's tough fixtures and their defence a shambles in the last preseason match. I picked Kolarov and Darmian in my draft league, how I wish I did the same in FPL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

It was a great call and fair play to Busts et al. Wasn't the easiest decision though with City's tough fixtures and their defence a shambles in the last preseason match. I picked Kolarov and Darmian in my draft league, how I wish I did the same in FPL.

I had a little chuckle when one of the regulars ???? posted just before the beginning that having Kolarov in the team gave them a spring in their step. I was thinking 'we'll see when he's on the bench two of he first four weeks':o:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,370 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i'm looking at all the people with Kompany in their teams, thinking that extra 0.5 was worth it for someone nailed on, and I'm very happy.

Kolarov is an absolute must have now. That's not hyperbole at all. He is absolute FF gold.

He's like Baines except in a far better team with more potential for clean sheets, plus he, Sterling and Silva have something brilliant going on that left side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Kolorav and gomez are the only 2 calls I got right at the start of the season. Shame I sold gomez on my wildcard last week though.

Thanks for the tip.

My pre season hunch around Payet has been so so, may explode but I have left him in the trenches and gone with Pedro as midfield marksman.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

//MOD

The powers to be has just had a busy afternoon on a Friday and it was not with a hot sweet little blond thing either so let's drop the Donkey fake quote and go back to the original topic please (and yes; anyone else who wants to fake it is more than welcome to give me an excuse to work on my ban charts).

//MOD

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

//MOD

Closed for 10 min to get people to read my previous post before replying again.

//MOD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Janujaz is injured which should mean a start for Herrara. Good news for United as they are a better team Herrara at #10

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/637275211260403712

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,654 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Herrera to start ahead of Januzaj due to injury as per LVG quoted by..................Ben Dinnery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Hopefully Herrera does get a run there could be an interesting punt if we know he is getting a few games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

jimmii wrote: »
    Hopefully Herrera does get a run there could be an interesting punt if we know he is getting a few games.

First United player I'd be interested in to be honest. I had Rooney in at the start, shipped him after the Newcastle game and was never sold on Depay early Doors.

Herrera is a great option and could actually kick start Rooney. Will be keeping a very close eye on Fellaini also.

• Advertisement

Colking wrote: »
    First United player I'd be interested in to be honest. I had Rooney in at the start, shipped him after the Newcastle game and was never sold on Depay early Doors.

Herrera is a great option and could actually kick start Rooney. Will be keeping a very close eye on Fellaini also.

He's -78 now guessing he won't get that drop now! At 6.8 more than a reasonable price point to take a punt.

jimmii wrote: »

If he was first choice #10 i'd gladly swap Depay for him and bank the 1.7m. 6 goals and 4 assists from 1966 minutes of play is decent for him last year and that was from further back in midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

He played very well when moving into Januzaj's spot in the CL. Definitely one to watch.

zarquon wrote: »
    If he was first choice #10 i'd gladly swap Depay for him and bank the 1.7m. 6 goals and 4 assists from 1966 minutes of play is decent for him last year and that was from further back in midfield.

Even if we knew he was going to start the next x amount of games he becomes an interesting option. If only things were that straight forward!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,006 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Crikey. Only logging back in now after my fake quote and cannot see what has been removed since but I guess people didn't get my Homer Simpson joke. Apologies if people lost their mind. It was meant to be a harmless joke.

Rojo got 60 minutes with the U21s yesterday so should be back in contention soon.

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/637275536423800832

jimmii wrote:
    Rojo got 60 minutes with the U21s yesterday so should be back in contention soon.

... for the role in behind Rooney?

Only joking of course but it seems like everyone is being proposed for that position at the moment.

Only joking of course but it seems like everyone is being proposed for that position at the moment.

Just stop.

you-think-youre-funny-but-youre-not.jpg

jimmii wrote:
    Just stop.

Erm.. sorry. I know this was mostly spoken about in verious other threads but in the last few weeks Mata, Pedro (had he of signed for united), Januzaj, Fellaini and Herrera have all been mentioned in the same conversations about playing behind Rooney.

Obviously Rojo couldn't. That was meant to be tongue in cheek.

Anyway. I seem to be rubbing people up the wrong way for whatever reason today, so I'll stick to the general fpl chat thread.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Crikey. Only logging back in now after my fake quote and cannot see what has been removed since but I guess people didn't get my Homer Simpson joke. Apologies if people lost their mind. It was meant to be a harmless joke.

The mod in question has clearly stated to move on. If you ever do that again, you'll be banned. I have no tolerance for fake calls. Joke or not. Someone could have easily made a transfer decision based on your post.

FutureGuy wrote:
    Someone could have easily made a transfer decision based on your post.

Hadn't thought of that.

Message received and understood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Reliably informed by a few that Koscielny did indeed train this morning. Should partner Gabriel providing he suffers no reaction #AFC

@BenDinnery

Christian Benteke has a thigh strain. Nothing to worry about. Not sure he'll be fit for Bosnia, though. #LFC

Ben Dinnery. Retweet of Belgian journo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Any word on Mahrez lads, I saw he was hooked at half time and now has a yellow thingy, hopefully nothing serious?

Any word on Mahrez lads, I saw he was hooked at half time and now has a yellow thingy, hopefully nothing serious?

"Only a minor [back] injury. Mahrez will return for GW5"

@BenDinnery yesterday.

FHFC wrote: »
    "Only a minor [back] injury. Mahrez will return for GW5"

@BenDinnery yesterday.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭internet_user

Ben Dinnery ‏@BenDinnery 15m15 minutes ago
    Max Gradel will be out until 2016 after the club confirmed the winger tore his cruciate during Saturdays' draw with Leicester #AFCB

Ben Dinnery ‏@BenDinnery 15m15 minutes ago
    Max Gradel will be out until 2016 after the club confirmed the winger tore his cruciate during Saturdays' draw with Leicester #AFCB

Yikes, He was on my radar, sickner for Bournemouth he's looked pretty good.

• Advertisement

Yikes, He was on my radar, sickner for Bournemouth he's looked pretty good.

Ouch that's a terrible blow for them, as you say he was starting to look excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

If Gradel did his cruciate on Saturday surely they knew that by Tuesday? Surprising they didn't push for the likes of Moses or Lennon or anyone else in that position available for loan

Tyrone Mings out for the season. A great shame for Bournemouth with Gradel also out for a few months.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34148465

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Tyrone Mings out for the season. A great shame for Bournemouth with Gradel also out for a few months.

I guess I'll have to get rid then. An awful shame alright especially after getting his chance.

The flag might let me bide my time until WC as most have probably sold that will do without a WC. I hope.

I guess I'll have to get rid then. An awful shame alright especially after getting his chance.

The flag might let me bide my time until WC as most have probably sold that will do without a WC. I hope.

Daniel's is injured too. Bournemouth are already thin on the ground defensively and with their squad. Unbelievable bad luck to have their 2 biggest signings out for the season.

At least it's a good time for Norwich to be playing them, should be plenty of goals in that game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Mings can only get better for Bournemouth.

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    Mings can only get better for Bournemouth.

Oh dear, Paully D that joke was very low Qually D.

#LFC striker Christian Benteke has resumed full training and comes back into contention for Sundays' Euro clash v Cyprus #BEL

@BenDinnery

#ALG look set to name Riyad Mahrez in their starting line-up "We're content with his recovery. We didn't expect him to resume as fast" #LCFC

@BenDinnery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

For those who missed it Ozil played for Germany last night.

Fully fit.

https://twitter.com/StokeLoudProud/status/640528138837975046

Replies say it was just precautionary

• Advertisement

#LFC will assess Benteke after he was replaced during #BEL win v Cyprus. The striker had been struggling with a thigh injury prior to KO

Stoke's Diouf pulls out of Senegal's clash with S Africa and returns home to receive treatment on hamstring injury http://t.co/xnfFMe5HZm

FHFC wrote: »
    Stoke's Diouf pulls out of Senegal's clash with S Africa and returns home to receive treatment on hamstring injury http://t.co/xnfFMe5HZm

Ooh he's heavily enough owned.

CSF wrote: »
    Ooh he's heavily enough owned.

Think it's more precautionary but would suit me fine having just sold him for Wilson. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,258 ✭✭✭✭km79

hope we get more news on this as I'm on my wildcard ..........

km79 wrote: »
    hope we get more news on this as I'm on my wildcard ..........

Same. I'm leaning more towards Butland atm though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,258 ✭✭✭✭km79

Same. I'm leaning more towards Butland atm though.

just spotted begovic is 5ml so unless it's a serious injury I'll leave him
    Im actually on Gomes and Boruc at the moment!

Crystal Palace FC ‏@CPFC 9m9 minutes ago AP: We've lost Ward in training to an injury. He'll be out for 3 or 4 weeks. Chamakh is still missing too.

Souare owner :cool:

Crystal Palace FC ‏@CPFC 9m9 minutes ago AP: We've lost Ward in training to an injury. He'll be out for 3 or 4 weeks. Chamakh is still missing too.

Souare owner :cool:

Ward at home to City and away to Tottenham wasn't really in my plans so I don't have to change those plans. After that I'll see.

• Advertisement
Advertisement