Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2015-16 Premier League Injuries & Suspensions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Benimar wrote: »
    Bugger! Who to replace Benteke with. Have Aguero and Gomis and not sold on Martial.

Martial. Just do it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Bugger! Who to replace Benteke with. Have Aguero and Gomis and not sold on Martial.

I'm looking at Pellé... but I have Wilson already, so in your situation I'd go Wilson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Firmino off injured tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Mr. Guappa wrote:
    I'm looking at Pellé... but I have Wilson already, so in your situation I'd go Wilson.

Anyone got access to Pelle's goal and points stats home versus away fixtures.

... he always seems to do well at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Anyone got access to Pelle's goal and points stats home versus away fixtures.

... he always seems to do well at home.

Think it's 14 home and 2 away goals. Not sure on the 14 (could be 13 or 15) but certain of the 2!

I'm going to have to bring him in for Benteke, aren't I!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Benimar wrote:
    Think it's 14 home and 2 away goals. Not sure on the 14 (could be 13 or 15) but certain of the 2!

Thanks. Thought as much. Will need to examine his fixtures closer to see when is the best time to consider him.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Lovern down injured, Gomez could benefit if he misses some games.

Edit: stretchered off, getting oxygen. Could be serious.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Lovern down injured, Gomez could benefit if he misses some games.

Yup, although he didn't start against Norwich either.

CSF wrote: »
    Yup, although he didn't start against Norwich either.

True, plan on waiting myself befire moving him on anyway.

• Advertisement

Bertrand got 35 minutes tonight, came on for Targett.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Dónal wrote: »
    Bertrand got 35 minutes tonight, came on for Targett.
    Yeah that makes me nervous tbh for this weekend. I'd still be edging towards a Targett start with Bertrand coming on but a) I'm not that certain about that, and b) what if he comes on before 60 minutes again like tonight.

I've definitely learned a lesson about investing too heavily in super cheap options who will eventually lose their place. I've definitely lost a year or 2 of my life worrying about Gomez and Targett.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Yeah that makes me nervous tbh for this weekend. I'd still be edging towards a Targett start with Bertrand coming on but a) I'm not that certain about that, and b) what if he comes on before 60 minutes again like tonight.

Bertrand also played 45 mins for the U21s Monday night, (taken off at half time) possibly resting him for a cameo tonight,
    hoping to get one more week out of Targett myself and maybe squeeze another price rise but that' could asking a lot.

Worth noting the match was over tonight at 50 mins, Southampton were winning 4-0 when Bertrand came on so could be a case of building up his minutes with little at stake.

Doubt I'll start Targett against Swansea anyway, I think Targett will get 60 mins minimum but wouldn't be convinced on a clean sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

I've definitely learned a lesson about investing too heavily in super cheap options who will eventually lose their place. I've definitely lost a year or 2 of my life worrying about Gomez and Targett.

Gomez was a solid choice. Until last weekend he played, got us points and went up in value. He was always going to be a short term thing but you got what you needed out of him.

Same with Target (who might still creep up to 4.2 with a bit of luck so we can then transfer him out).

I wouldn't feel the slightest bit bad about choosing them, they served their purpose and will help us to buy players like bertrand and baines in the future with the extra cash they generated.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Colking wrote: »
    Gomez was a solid choice. Until last weekend he played, got us points and went up in value. He was always going to be a short term thing but you got what you needed out of him.

Same with Target (who might still creep up to 4.2 with a bit of luck so we can then transfer him out).

I wouldn't feel the slightest bit bad about choosing them, they served their purpose and will help us to buy players like bertrand and baines in the future with the extra cash they generated.

My take on it would be to take 1 risk rather than 2 with your defenders. Thats why I sold gomez in gw3 wildcard. From the info we had back at gw3 you wouldve expected bertrand to be back by now.
    I see the forums favourite lurker went with this risky defensive strategy and ended up only fielding 10 players this week and is probably looking at a pts hit now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Croatian Football Federation confirm Dejan Lovren will miss between 3-4 weeks after damaging ankle ligaments in the League Cup on Wed #LFC

Firmino has been withdrawn from the upcoming #BRA internationals after landing awkwardly and damaging his back v Carlisle last night #LFC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Whenever I see a new post in the injuries thread I make a little wish that it involves Martial being out for the Sunderland game.

Ben Foster suffers a setback "He’s up and running again now so fingers crossed he’ll be ready to go before Christmas," confirmed Pulis #WBA

Pulis “A couple of weeks and he’ll be on the grass. It'll be Christmas time I think. We’ve got to be careful and make sure he’s right.” #WBA

Hard luck Ben. But as a Myhill owner.....YEEESSS!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

FHFC wrote: »
    Ben Foster suffers a setback "He’s up and running again now so fingers crossed he’ll be ready to go before Christmas," confirmed Pulis #WBA

Pulis “A couple of weeks and he’ll be on the grass. It'll be Christmas time I think. We’ve got to be careful and make sure he’s right.” #WBA

really regret moving away from the west brom goalie 8.5ml double up at start of season!

km79 wrote: »
    really regret moving away from the west brom goalie 8.5ml double up at start of season!

The Palace/Wba 8.5 combo still going strong!

Might even get a few rises outta Boaz the Legend now!!

There was a class post on FFS i think comparing ppg over last 1/4 season or so and Myhill was top averaging round 6ppg!! #alwayscaptainboaz :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

The Palace/Wba 8.5 combo still going strong!

Might even get a few rises outta Boaz the Legend now!!

There was a class post on FFS i think comparing ppg over last 1/4 season or so and Myhill was top averaging round 6ppg!! #alwayscaptainboaz :)

yes was actually myhill McCarthy I had

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I'm going to be playing Pulisball this weekend then I think with that :D

I'll even take a hit I think for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

Benteke, Firmino & Lovren confirmed as out of game against Villa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Please be true.

dahat wrote: »
    Please be true.

Dinnery had it as a rumour that he'd be rested with the CL game in mind. Expect to hear more in their press conference at 12.45

:( I think thats the sound of a -4 incoming :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Roberto Martinez says centre-back John Stones is touch and go for Monday's game at West Brom, while full-back Seamus Coleman will be assessed ahead of the match at The Hawthorns.

Stuart Brennan ‏@StuBrennanMEN 2m2 minutes ago
    Well that's one good bit of injury news ... @pablo_zabaleta hopefully in squad for Spurs

James Robson ‏@JamesRobsonMEN 20m20 minutes ago
    Silva not expected to be back for Spurs

• Advertisement

PELLEGRINI: “At this moment, Mangala, Clichy, Delph, Silva, Bony and Kelechi are the six players injured. Kompany, Hart & Nasri are back."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

:( I think thats the sound of a -4 incoming :o

Silva -> KDB likely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Once again, Silva fails to deliver for me. I can never get him at the right time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

That Silva news is a big relief.
    I knee-jerked him out for Payet earlier in the week assuming he would definitely miss this match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

What do people think of Sterling? He looks to have done very well midweek. I already have him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Lemlin wrote: »
    What do people think of Sterling? He looks to have done very well midweek. I already have him.

If I had him I would leave him in.

Looked good with de Bruyne.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

If I still had him then I would be very encouraged by his midweek performance, however watching him prancing around last weekend while genuinely looking like he didn't really know what he was doing was one of the reasons why I clicked the activate wildcard button. He just seems to make it easy for Pellegrini to give him the hooked finger.
    I rate him highly but he hasn't really found a niche for himself there yet.
    Long story short, if I had him I'd be willing to give him another shot, he will come good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Once again, Silva fails to deliver for me. I can never get him at the right time

Didn't see the press conferences. Any hint that Silva will play champions league midweek? It's deja vous with Diouf a big concern up front as well who could drop in price tonight.
    Could someone suggest a good link where I could look at the press conferences please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I don't rate him highly at all but I wouldn't sell him unless you're in trying to use up a FT.

He will get points, thanks to the quality of his teammates. He could very well run into the ball and score this weekend.

Pardew confirms Speroni is not yet ready for first-team return and will play a few more U21 matches https://t.co/4MX0mI34yL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

PARlance wrote: »
    I don't rate him highly at all but I wouldn't sell him unless you're in trying to use up a FT.

He will get points, thanks to the quality of his teammates. He could very well run into the ball and score this weekend.

I'm happy to hold him. Not contemplating taking him out this week. I was just surprised nobody is even considering him and people are almost automatically going for KDB.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I think he has elevated City's attack immensely with his pace pulling defenders out of position and has linked really well with Kolorov but while he'll certainly tick over I don't think he'll be the main beneficiary of City's scoring.

I'd keep him for now though if I had him. I'm looking at KdB for my Silva replacement and happy to pay the extra for that but it's a bit of a lottery and you already have a ticket for Sterling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Ah for **** sake, just saw the Silva news. I think I'll go Silva -> De Bruyne. What are those with Silva doing?

I'm happy to hold him. Not contemplating taking him out this week. I was just surprised nobody is even considering him and people are almost automatically going for KDB.

He hasn't last 90 mins yet and will likely suffer more rotation than KDB. I didn't even consider Sterling on WC

Paully D wrote: »
    Ah for **** sake, just saw the Silva news. I think I'll go Silva -> De Bruyne. What are those with Silva doing?

Transfer to Hazard. It means Passenger Ozil gets another week or two in my squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Went Silva >>> De Bruyne last week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Doing the same. Had considered Hazard but I think I'll hold off on him for the time being.

From the Stoke City website, after Hughes' presser
    Meanwhile, last season’s top scorer Mame Diouf is also available again after missing last weekend’s 2-2 draw with high-flying Leicester City

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

I'm thinking Pedro to give me some Chelsea attacking cover. May go for KDB but already have Aguero. Will mull over it for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

I'm thinking Pedro to give me some Chelsea attacking cover. May go for KDB but already have Aguero. Will mull over it for a while.

Thinking the same.
    Diouf unflagged has me now debating holding Silva instead of taking a hit.

Advertisement