Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-theatre meal near Bord Gais Theatre

Options
  • 06-07-2015 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,385 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    So my hubbie is bringing me to see the Bodyguard in the Bord Gais Theatre at the end of the month. He is treating me also to a night in the Marker Hotel. I m not familiar with that part of Dublin, any recommendations for a pre-theatre meal apart from the Marker Hotel?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Hi,
    So my hubbie is bringing me to see the Bodyguard in the Bord Gais Theatre at the end of the month. He is treating me also to a night in the Marker Hotel. I m not familiar with that part of Dublin, any recommendations for a pre-theatre meal apart from the Marker Hotel?

The MV Cill Airne is about 5 minutes walk and the best food in the area imo. In the immediate vicinity herbstreet can be good if a little casual

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,208 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The Maldron across the road from the theatre have a restaurant. Couple of years ago I had a pre-theatre meal there. It was quite nice as I recall, though obviously places change, so I don't know what it's like now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

There is suprisingly little choice down there, unless you fancy Milano's. I ate on the far side of the river in the Spencer hotel last night, was pretty good. Meal 30 for a main course tho, and it's an Asian restaurant! The Cill Arnie is good. Mourne Fish is not bad (smells like the fryer tho). There is one new place thy is supposed to be very good, hang on till I find it. Don't personally rate Herb St and I think Ely is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Twenty10

There is a lovely little Italian called Mamma Mia a short walk away on Grattan
    Street, great value, lovely food and very authentic.

Also a number of options around Bath Ave: Juniors, Paulies Pizza, The Chophouse, Farmer Browns and The Old Spot.

Also Osterio Lucia on grand Canal Quay.

Finally I like Mourne Seafood and don't think it smells like a fryer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Twenty10 wrote: »
    There is a lovely little Italian called Mamma Mia a short walk away on Grattan
    Street, great value, lovely food and very authentic.

Also a number of options around Bath Ave: Juniors, Paulies Pizza, The Chophouse, Farmer Browns and The Old Spot.

Also Osterio Lucia on grand Canal Quay.

Finally I like Mourne Seafood and don't think it smells like a fryer :)

Osterio Lucia is where I was thinking of! Haven't been there yet but it's had very good reviews.

Was only in the Mourne Seafood Bar once but definitely came out thinking my hair smelled of fryer fat, yuck.

• Advertisement
Advertisement