Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Date Ideas please

• 06-07-2015 4:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭

I'd appreciate suggestions for dinner venues and day trips in the county.

So far have cinema and lough key..,

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Addle wrote: »
    I'd appreciate suggestions for dinner venues and day trips in the county.

So far have cinema and lough key..,

How about popping as far as Carrick on Shannon and go the cinema and see if theirs any of the booze cruises still going?

Athlone has some nice places to eat, nice romantic walk by the water then after, cinema and a few other things there aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭AG123

Keenan's in Tarmonbarry does fabulous food. I'd highly recommend it! Hard beat Lough Key really. If you go to Lough Key, you could head to Carrick after and go on cruise on the Shannon? Moon River is still in operation I presume. Lough Rynn in Mohill would be nice for lunch too. The gardens there are lovely as well. Nice for a stroll after lunch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Thanks for the replies.
    Any suggestions for south of the county?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

go for walk in Lecarrow
    Athlone castle
    some great little restaurants on the west side of the river

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Dizzyme

Bring her for a drink in the Shack in Athlone. then retire to the Kin Khao Thai resto on the West Bank of Athlone. Or maybe go to the Lebanese resto on Bastion St. Roll on to Seans Bar or the Castle for late drinks from there and then the rest of the night is up to you......

Daytime pursuits.
    - Viking boat trip from Athlone
    - Baysports
    - Hodson Bay Spa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 jesuisros

+1 for Keenan's in Tarmonbarry
    Also, what about Roscommon Races followed by Drinks in town - might be an option if a Monday suits? or
    An early dinner in Gleesons of Roscommon town, followed by a stroll around Roscommon Castle and Music in JJ Harlows?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Thanks for all the replies.

Lots of great venues and scenic places to choose from.
    It's taken leaving Roscommon to learn to appreciate it.

We're going to the match tomorrow, so a Roscommon date outside the county!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭RoscommonTom

I fingered a young one in the woods at Lough key a few years back, she was a hefty one but she was mad for men, there are some nice walks around there and you can have a pint in boyle after

Advertisement