Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trip Payment Issue

Options
  • 06-07-2015 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Just wondering what to do in this particular situation, new here, so please be kind!

Myself and the husband booked a trip away for ourselves (1 week break) as our honeymoon in September with a tour operator who shall remain nameless, we had been paying it off every week using their online service, went to pay the final outstanding balance which is due today of 400 and they ring us and tell us ‘actually no your remaining balance is 700’, yet all e-mails I have, plus online system all point to the balance being 400. They said it was an error on their side which was never spotted, however they will need the rest of the balance today otherwise we risk losing the trip, now I don’t know about you guys, but I don’t keep a spare 300 quid in my back pocket for such an occasion. We have complained to them about it being unfair, but not so much as an extension or an apology will they give us. What would ye do in this situation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Just wondering what to do in this particular situation, new here, so please be kind!

Myself and the husband booked a trip away for ourselves (1 week break) as our honeymoon in September with a tour operator who shall remain nameless, we had been paying it off every week using their online service, went to pay the final outstanding balance which is due today of 400 and they ring us and tell us ‘actually no your remaining balance is 700’, yet all e-mails I have, plus online system all point to the balance being 400. They said it was an error on their side which was never spotted, however they will need the rest of the balance today otherwise we risk losing the trip, now I don’t know about you guys, but I don’t keep a spare 300 quid in my back pocket for such an occasion. We have complained to them about it being unfair, but not so much as an extension or an apology will they give us. What would ye do in this situation?

Well issues can happen with online payments.
    ~ Do you know the initial fee being charged that was agreed by you?
    ~ Do you have confirmation of any kind to the payments you've made to date? (pay by card -> check/count with your online banking
    ~ The confirmations showing what you have paid ; minus what you initially agreed to pay would give you your actual balance.

You would know how much exactly is left to pay, whether 700E or 400Euro.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

Advertisement