Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Zip keeps going down on jeans....

• 06-07-2015 5:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭

Ok so I FINALLY found the perfect pair of white skinny jeans, not too skin tight, flatters my size 12 hips, butt and thighs and good quality material. From Zara btw.
    BUT the fly zip at the front keeps going down, especially when I sit down and stand up again. I am now conscious of what I am wearing with them to make sure that area is covered over and I keep having to check the zip area when I'm wearing them. Is there any way to fix this problem with the zip? I cannot return them as I have worn them and they need to be washed anyway (damn white!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Never sit down or stand up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

My mam taught me this! A keyring looped through the zip and hung over the top button should do the trick

fix-zipper-on-jeans_4.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Ok so I FINALLY found the perfect pair of white skinny jeans, not too skin tight, flatters my size 12 hips, butt and thighs and good quality material. From Zara btw.
    BUT the fly zip at the front keeps going down, especially when I sit down and stand up again. I am now conscious of what I am wearing with them to make sure that area is covered over and I keep having to check the zip area when I'm wearing them. Is there any way to fix this problem with the zip? I cannot return them as I have worn them and they need to be washed anyway (damn white!)

You're welcome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

My mam thought me this! A keyring looped through the zip and hung over the top button should do the trick

fix-zipper-on-jeans_4.jpg

That's bordering on genius!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!! Will root around the house this evening for a spare keyring and try it out!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Chemical Byrne

That's is an excellent idea. I had a pair of jeans that kept unzipping all the time. Never thought of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭izzyregan

Damn! the second I read the post I knew the solution. Looks like most other people do too. And here I thought I was smart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    I cannot return them as I have worn them and they need to be washed anyway (damn white!)

Just on this bit, they're not fit for the intended purpose so you'd be well within your rights to return them.
    I'm another one that was going to try to explain the keyring tip, I read about that years ago and have still never needed to do it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

If no keyring - you can use a circle of elastic or even a dark-coloured hair elastic for the same purpose, hooked over the button.

(you double it, thread it through the zip and then through itself)

• Registered Users Posts: 35 TheGlitchKing

there's a shop that sells zip hooks around Jervis street

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Whoever came up with that Keyring idea should win a noble prize. Zippity do

Advertisement