Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solar water feature pumps

Options
  • 06-07-2015 6:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭

I am toying with the idea of installing a solar water feature pump in the garden. I have already built the waterfall, dug the pond and lined it, all I need now is to rig up the pump. Has anyone here bought a solar pump?
    If so, how do you find it?
    What wattage/water flow rate did you go for, and are you happy with the operation?
    What would you do different, if anything?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lovehathi

Hi just wondering can you post the pic of waterfall and if you don't mind can you please tell how u made it , i want to make one
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Any low voltage pump will do (provided it gives you the required flow rate and power), its the Solar PV panel that counts..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Boring username

lovehathi wrote: »
    Hi just wondering can you post the pic of waterfall and if you don't mind can you please tell how u made it , i want to make one
    thanks

I'll try and get some pics up later during the week, but basically I made a set of steps with concrete blocks, lined them with heavy duty plastic sheeting, and then laid old limestone slabs on top on the blocks. I used smaller bits of limestone and rocks to fill in the gaps.

I dug out a small pool by hand, again lined it with heavy duty liner, then set a few rocks around the outside, and folded the tarp under the rocks.

I had it done in a day, although my back was in bits after it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 45 naraicjul

Hi All,

I'd love to do something similar to the OP.

How do I work out how much "pump power" that I'd need?
    Where is a good place to source the pump?
    Is solar a viable option if I'll need to have a pump capable of a decent flow?

Advertisement