Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nexus 6 down to €500

• 06-07-2015 6:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭

Is it the best phone at this price?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

nedd wrote: »

The only negative I hear about the phone is the battery but honestly, every phone could give you the same issue.
    Not sure it's as good value as the OnePlus One though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 920 ✭✭✭logistic

Where you see it for this price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭nedd

logistic wrote: »
    Where you see it for this price?

I ordered one Wednesday from pixmania for €435 (code BEACH gets you that price)

It hasn't shipped yet so a little worried about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

It hasn't shipped yet so a little worried about it.
    That doesn't surprise me... Pixmania

Bluefoam wrote: »

My parents got a tv from them and it shipped pretty quickly.

Are they normally slow?

• Advertisement

Normally inconsistent... Customer service reputation is not good. But sometimes their pricing outweighs the negatives...

I haven't used them in years, for the above reason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

I have seen all the bad stories about pixmania and still ordered twice from them,expensive things,and both where non issue transactions thank god,depends where the item is coming from i think...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Their customer care is atrocious, and the shipping methods are generally crap. I never get the correct tracking numbers so I end up just 'hoping it arrives someday'...

Well it's the best price I can find for the nexus 6 so hopefully I won't have issues getting it.

Got a mail from pixmania telling me the phone is out of stock and they don't know when it will be back. Offered me a full refund or a LG G3.

I'm raging. I will have to keep looking.

• Advertisement

Got a mail from pixmania telling me the phone is out of stock and they don't know when it will be back. Offered me a full refund or a LG G3.

I'm raging. I will have to keep looking.
    And that's why I don't use pixmania...

And that's why I don't use pixmania...

Will know for future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

I got my Nexus 5 for around €300.

Why is the '6' so overpriced?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I paid just below that for my Nexus 4 on release. Went looking into new phones tonight, mouth dropped at Nexus pricing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Beware lads this phone has an issue where data and signal will drop and be gone for ages and require a reboot.

I had one and had to return it. Google ignored it for ages and then admitted it as a "known issue" online and promised a fix but I don't know if it ever came out as I went back to iOS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

Getting bored of my Z1 now and really like the look of this. Any more real life experiences out there of them good / bad? Sounds like a fairly capable device still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

0lddog wrote: »
    I'm tempted to go for it at that price.

I'm tempted to go for it at that price.

I eventually found one for €450 on amazon.de

Took about a week to arrive. Have it about a week now. Loving it so far. Battery is lasting longer than my old HTC One. Quick charge is great, very fast. The screen is amazing to look at, could be a little brighter outside in the sun. Camera seems good, haven't really done much with it.
    It is massive! I mean Massive! Can't do much one handed and I'm afraid I'm going to drop it.

If you don't mind a big Phone or want a big Phone then for the price this is great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

I'd wait to see how much the moto x style can be bought for before buying a nexus 6. All that amoled burn in would worry me about the nexus 6. Its also knocking on abit for €500...

• Advertisement

I was very tempted by the Moto X Style. Great screen, camera and processing power. The customisation of Moto Maker is great as well.

I just couldn't contain myself any longer so I pulled the trigger on the Nexus. I'm a chronic ROM Flasher as well so knowing I get Android updates fast is what clinched it for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Nexus 6 Camera is pretty poor - really slow to focus. Great photos when it does though but very frustrating.

It's an amazing handset though.

something funny with that. Cant check stock online, but phone reservation system seems to be accepting orders so am giving that a lash. Scrap that, its saying its sold out now and cant be ordered in.

Argos UK's price is still €442 so I'm guessing this is a glitch. The phone reservation system said it was an item from an old catalogue. Great Price though might be worth keeping an eye on the site for changes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

It's not overpriced at all. It's the right price for a top end smartphone.

Previous nexus devices were sold at cost.

Google did this to showcase what can be done with android, and make a device affordable to developers.

That being said, I hope that the next nexus phone is a little lower priced, and not 6"!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

Argos UK's price is still €442 so I'm guessing this is a glitch. The phone reservation system said it was an item from an old catalogue. Great Price though might be worth keeping an eye on the site for changes.
    boo urns, this got my hopes up after being dashed by the note 5

spotted on hukd, buy from expansys through rakuten.co.uk, get 10% off with code, and quidco cash back after that, cash price roughly €404, says it will ship to Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭skodacb

Down to €459 from the Google store was €599 for 32GB €499 for the 64GB. Sounds like Google is clearing their stocks.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

skodacb wrote: »
    Down to €459 from the Google store was €599 for 32GB €499 for the 64GB. Sounds like Google is clearing their stocks.

Been switching from in stock to out of stock today.

Seems as though they're trying to decide to keep selling it or not!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭emo72

jimmynokia wrote: »

dont think its been in stock for months. its easy to be cheapest when you dont have to supply it!

emo72 wrote: »
    dont think its been in stock for months. its easy to be cheapest when you dont have to supply it!

Mate of mine got one today,not sure what store though,best to go in and check one near you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭emo72

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Mate of mine got one today,not sure what store though,best to go in and check one near you

yeah thats odd, theres nothing to click on that link you posted, and it wont let you order one, and i cant check stock levels anywhere. wouldnt mind trying one at that price.

Advertisement