Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wall chasing

Options
  • 06-07-2015 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

Chasing some walls and need s couple of questions answered. May seem obvious but bear with me.

1. What depth should I chase to? So oval conduit is level with scratch coat?

2. If I am putting 2/3/4 sockets side by side, will one 25mm wide chase do or does each socket need a chase a conduit of its own?

3. I assume data/coax need a separate chase to power?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭beanie10

lownhard wrote: »
    Chasing some walls and need s couple of questions answered. May seem obvious but bear with me.

1. What depth should I chase to? So oval conduit is level with scratch coat?

2. If I am putting 2/3/4 sockets side by side, will one 25mm wide chase do or does each socket need a chase a conduit of its own?

3. I assume data/coax need a separate chase to power?

Thanks

1. I would chase in 25mm. Best to have conduit recessed behind face of block so its not interfering with plasterer.

2. 1 chase is sufficient. For best finish I would leave a gap of at least 50mm between boxes so plasterer can finish off neatly.

3. Correct

• Registered Users Posts: 12,471 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

25mm wide for a 2.5 sq T&E PVC PVC cable loop in one conduit is way too small

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭beanie10

25mm wide for a 2.5 sq T&E PVC PVC cable loop in one conduit is way too small

Use 22mm oval conduit (about 24mm overall width) would fit perfect into 25mm wide chase. If chase is done perfect there no need for clips either.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

+1

I have not used a chasing tool in a while, but i did a lot of in during summers a long time ago. I found that a very slight "S" in the run, is should be effectively straight just a slight bend in and out, well within the width / zone of the socket box. This will allow the conduit to be maneuvered into the cut very securely without the need for clips and you wont have any moany plasters.

Advertisement