Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deodorant has stopped working

Options
  • 06-07-2015 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

My deodorant has stopped working. I currently use dove stick. This has happened to be loads of times before so I just switched brands. The problem is now I've been though so many brands I don't know where to go next! Sure, Sanex, Mitchum, Natel, Nivea, Soft &Gentle - you name it, I've tried it.

Any advice?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

I was going to suggest Mitchum. :confused:

Maybe a trip to the GP is in order?

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Sugarbomb

Is ther any difference between sprays, roll ons and sticks?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Sugarbomb wrote: »
    My deodorant has stopped working. I currently use dove stick. This has happened to be loads of times before so I just switched brands. The problem is now I've been though so many brands I don't know where to go next! Sure, Sanex, Mitchum, Natel, Nivea, Soft &Gentle - you name it, I've tried it.

Any advice?

Lynx for women

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Have you tried driclor?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

Millem wrote: »
    Have you tried driclor?

+ 1

I was in boots today and dove maximum protection was recommended to me. It's quite pricey - €7.49 but if it keeps me dry... The instructions saw to put it on at night and that it provides a protective layer. It says that you can still shower in the morning. I will use my normal deodorant in the morning to top it up. All the reviews I've read sat it's brill so here's hoping! I'll post back in a few days with a review.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Driclor is good, heavy duty stuff, but be warned - it burns like a biatch if your skin is even slightly damp when you apply it! I tried it during a heatwave in New York a few summers ago and learned that lesson to my peril!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

This happens to me too, but normally when I go back to an old one it works again. I just have to keep cycling through them. Have you tried one of the ones you used before? It might be okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

I really find the imperial leather deodorant very good , above sure , dove etc. 1.49 in dealz.

• Advertisement

dee_mc wrote: »
    Driclor is good, heavy duty stuff, but be warned - it burns like a biatch if your skin is even slightly damp when you apply it! I tried it during a heatwave in New York a few summers ago and learned that lesson to my peril!!

Or if you apply after shaving :eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

Millem wrote: »
    Or if you apply after shaving :eek::eek::eek:

I've done this. I thought my armpits were on fire.

Well that was a complete waste of money. I gave it a good try and I still feel as wet as ever! Back to the drawing board....

Get yourself some driclor roll on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I used to have very bad problems with sweaty armpits when I was a teenager, so did my brother. Luckily I grew out of it!

Anyway, my skin couldn't cope with Driclor at all. Burned too much! I found Perspirex a lot better for me. Although they are very pretty much the same! Also these types of deodorants generally take about a week to start working.

These days I use Mitchum roll on and it's fine. Never use sprays, they don't work for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭puppydogeyes

Be very careful with Dricolor. The burn is just horrendous. After trying every brand I eventually found Vichy roll on the best. It lasts all day and is gentle to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

+1 for perspireX, a little pricey at over 10 euro but it lasts for ages.

Advertisement