Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to accept Mastercard Payment Captures?

• 06-07-2015 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi

My partner just booked an Irish courier service online using a Unibank (Italian) Mastercard. The funds have been debited from his account, but the merchant shows a payment error. This has happened before with a broadband company here and it became a total mess.

The problem is with payment 'captures'. I don't fully understand how this system of payment works. I need to contact the courier company tomorrow morning but I don't know how to talk them through accepting the 'captured' payment.

Does anyone here know how this credit card capture system works? :confused: I don't want to go through all this messing a second time around, (broadband company had zero clues how to authorise the payment and funds were held for 1 week while they faffed about, until they were finally returned to Unibank due to not being accepted by the merchant).

Thanks

Advertisement