Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bray Head Inn

• 06-07-2015 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭

I can't find any recent posts about this. I assumed that this place was shut given the look of it.

Does anyone know what is happening with this place? It seems to be still open, and has quite a few glowing reviews on Tripadvisor, as well as some bad ones
    Has anyone been in it recently?
    I have some people coming to visit and wonder is it worth recommending the place.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Its still open

I wouldnt reccomend it myself. Never been in it but I dont think they have done any work to it in 40 or 50 years.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

It's usually open from 8pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Picture of hotel after its last refurbishment. Wouldn't be surprised to see Norman Bates on reception. :D

Bray%2BHead%2BHotel.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭xyz123

i stopped in there for a pint late one night a couple of months ago. it was open and they were serving but there were only two of us in it and the owner and a friend around a Superser. It was worth dropping in for curiosity only. It has something of The Shining about it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭fjon

xyz123 wrote: »
    i stopped in there for a pint late one night a couple of months ago. it was open and they were serving but there were only two of us in it and the owner and a friend around a Superser. It was worth dropping in for curiosity only. It has something of The Shining about it...

That sounds kind of cool. I would love to have a look around it inside. From the reviews below it seems people are happy enough with their stays there (although I know you can't fully trust that site):

http://www.tripadvisor.ie/Hotel_Review-g212098-d1078484-Reviews-Crofton_Bray_Head_Inn-Bray_County_Wicklow.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,026 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

It was used recently for the gig scenes in the film Frank - worth checking out if you like unusual movies (the Bray seafront & Lough Dan also feature extensively)

Advertisement