Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bitcoin Mining

Options
  • 06-07-2015 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Anyone got any recent experience with this ? I am considering giving this a go but would like to see if anyone is having any reasonable success with it ?

Thanks

:p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

Unless you have access to a load of servers or custom GPU's I wouldn't bother. The time to mine bitcoins on a small scale was years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Unless you have access to a load of servers or custom GPU's I wouldn't bother. The time to mine bitcoins on a small scale was years ago.

This. And you would actually need custom bitcoin systems at this point given the complexity now faced (Look up Butterfly labs etc)

To give you an idea of the scale you would now need to better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8kua5B5K3I

The exchange rate is also pants compared to what it was. Ship has sailed unfortunately.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Given the cost of equipment to make any amount of money from mining, it would be some time before you'd break even.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

Storm99 wrote: »
    Anyone got any recent experience with this ? I am considering giving this a go but would like to see if anyone is having any reasonable success with it ?

Thanks

:p

That is so like, 2013……… small guys in the Bitcoin game get raped (fool + money = soon x parted).
    Do explain how you can compete - power consumption & costs, data-centre speed and cost, against the current (falling) price of bitcoin. The bigger guys are offloading asap what they mine to buy better/faster mining resources in the hope of getting ahead of the curve. More supply is driving down the price. Look at the price falls – from about $1200 last year to less than $300 today…
    Bitcon is a scam, a spiral into oblivion. Discussion on it belongs in Afterhours or in the tiddlywinks section. Not here.

Advertisement