Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has Google disabled the "Search by Country" function?

Options
  • 07-07-2015 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭

I use the Country search pages much of the time - to buy things, to check events etc, as worldwide pages are often not relevant. Years ago the search engine had a simple clear choice on the main page: pages from "Ireland" or "Any Country". That choice is still officially available, although just for the sake of being annoying some genius in Google decided to make it more time-consuming to do each time (you have to go under "search tools" and choose it).

However, even there it no longer works properly. For instance, I just searched for Irish pages for "Nextbase 402G cost", as the cost in other countries and currencies is not relevant.

Search results

Results 1, 3, 4, 5,6,7 and 8 are all from outside Ireland and in a currency I will not be paying in, and thus not what I'm looking for despite searching only Irish pages. Has Google disabled this really useful function, or is there another way of getting it back? (Chrome is my browser, if that makes a difference.)

Advertisement