Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Erasing a cd/rw so it can be used to download songs onto again?

Options
  • 07-07-2015 2:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭

I have about 100 cd/rw that I have used to burn songs from my pc to use in the car but is there any way I could just delete the files on some of them and re-use them to download from computer again and burn new songs onto them?

Ta

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Mark Tapley

LaVail wrote: »
    I have about 100 cd/rw that I have used to burn songs from my pc to use in the car but is there any way I could just delete the files on some of them and re-use them to download from computer again and burn new songs onto them?

Ta

To erase all of the files on a disc
    Insert the CD-RW, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, or DVD-RAM disc into your computer's CD or DVD burner.
    Open Computer by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Computer.
    Click the drive icon that represents your writeable drive, and then, on the toolbar, click Erase this disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

To erase all of the files on a disc
    Insert the CD-RW, DVD-RW, DVD+RW, or DVD-RAM disc into your computer's CD or DVD burner.
    Open Computer by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Computer.
    Click the drive icon that represents your writeable drive, and then, on the toolbar, click Erase this disc.

Thanks for the reply but the option I get is "format this disc" (windows 7 pro) any time I do this I still cant reuse the cd :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Thanks for the reply but the option I get is "format this disc" (windows 7 pro) any time I do this I still cant reuse the cd :(

What software do you use to burn the songs? Should be an option in that to clear the disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭LaVail

mordeith wrote: »
    What software do you use to burn the songs? Should be an option in that to clear the disc.

Just noticed my discs are cd-r not cd-rw :o

That's why I can't delete them. Feel like a tool now.
    Thanks for the answers though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Just noticed my discs are cd-r not cd-rw :o

That's why I can't delete them. Feel like a tool now.
    Thanks for the answers though

I was gonna ask that and then thought 'nah, it couldn't be that simple'. :-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement