Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biggest hurdle when setting up a company

Options
  • 07-07-2015 4:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭

I'm setting up my own company soon and i discovered that the biggest hurdle i am likely to face is having an office and a place of business.

From my research I discovered that it's a requirement of the companies act that you MUST have a place of business and this must be signed and displayed to the public.

Is there anyway around this?

I lived with a guy who owned a cleaning company before and his company was registered to the house we were living in.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Talk to your account/solicitor as they may offer a registered office service. If that doesn't work Google 'registered office service'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Young Blood

Graham wrote: »
    Talk to your account/solicitor as they may offer a registered office service. If that doesn't work Google 'registered office service'.

That's excellent. Thank you

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Very stupid question alert! Can you not brass plate your own residence for a period, until you have a base of operation?

I do believe that it maybe a requirement to consult with the local County Council first however.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Itzy wrote: »
    Very stupid question alert! Can you not brass plate your own residence for a period, until you have a base of operation?

I do believe that it maybe a requirement to consult with the local County Council first however.

You can use your own residence although if your renting there's often a clause prohibiting the running of a business. I would argue using your home as the registered office isn't running a business but that's a fairly grey area and you would need to take proper legal advice.

I can't see how the county council would become involved unless you're thinking of trading from home. i.e. turning your sitting room into a showroom or office where clients often visit.

Advertisement