Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disneyland Paris in December?

Options
  • 07-07-2015 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭

Hey guys! I've been feeling all Christmassy recently and now I'm starting to plan our annual December holiday. The last few years we've done Christmas markets in Germany, Poland and the UK, and so this year I was thinking something different. DISNEYLAND!

So have any of you gone over to Paris in December to the parks? Any suggestions on timing? I hear they basically turn from Halloween to Christmas overnight in November so I'm assuming it'll be fierce Christmassy by the 1st week in December! I'm thinking of splashing out and staying in one of the (extortionate!) park hotels. Anyone have a recommendation of which might be decked out the most "Christmassy"?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Hey guys! I've been feeling all Christmassy recently and now I'm starting to plan our annual December holiday. The last few years we've done Christmas markets in Germany, Poland and the UK, and so this year I was thinking something different. DISNEYLAND!

So have any of you gone over to Paris in December to the parks? Any suggestions on timing? I hear they basically turn from Halloween to Christmas overnight in November so I'm assuming it'll be fierce Christmassy by the 1st week in December! I'm thinking of splashing out and staying in one of the (extortionate!) park hotels. Anyone have a recommendation of which might be decked out the most "Christmassy"?

I have never been over in December and I'm so jelous ! Would love to see it. They do start decorating for christmas in early November it not really a gradual thing either do you should feel the Christmassy spirit straight away. They don't do anything by halves !

Hotels are all pretty good. We have stayed in several some of the theme hotels which have a shuttle every 15 minutes or half an hour to bring you to the park. To be honest we spent very little time in the hotels !

On our last trip last year we stayed in the disney land hotel itself within the park. It was fab. The rooms were nice but not as nice as other 5 star hotels. As you can imagine they are more focused on family fun and being family friendly that spectacular bedrooms. The hotel had a fabulous fire place outside the dining room and as a free service to the guests various characters were given time slots where kids or adults could meet them for photos in front of the fire place. I can only imagine how nice the pictures will look once the fireplace has been decorated for christmas. The shops in the park would also let you have your shopping delivered to the disney land hotel which was fab. The buffet breakfast there was fab too !!

And if I remember right on Saturdays and Sundays I think you could go into the park half an hour earlier than opening as a perk and certain rides were open early to allow the hotel guest to avoid some of the queues.

Definitely see the fire work display and both parades too! They will be fab with the christmas decorations in the evening.!

Hope this helps & best of luck !

Advertisement